Q&A With Slasher - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #16
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Slasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
What about giving the points for each round and distinguishing between 250 and 500 level events ?
They are pretty distinguished if you ask me. Or... I don't know, please tell me more so I can fully understand what you are asking.

Quote:
Why did you choose the tiger ?
I like stripes more than I like hairy heads.

Quote:
Do you surf MTF when you work ?
Oh yeah. Mainly from work.

Quote:
Is your wife interested in tennis , if yes what are her favourtate players ?
My wife is not interested in tennis at all, but she does enjoy watching Federer, when I watch a match with him in it. She doesn't like any other player it seems.

Quote:
What did you think of Feds domination in 2004-07 ?
A blast. Since childhood, I've been watching tennis, and that period was the one that radically changed the game.

Quote:
What are your thoughts on that wimbledon final in 2008 ?
I remember watching it with a friend of mine, and we were comparing Federer and Nadal with Xan and ClanLord from Unreal Tournament 2004, if anyone is familiar with this game. For me, there was no greater tennis match. I'm dying to see another one remotely similar to that one.

Quote:
Players you dislike the most ?
I don't dislike players. Just like less. Nadal and Djokovic are such "like less" players.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #17
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
1-What's your daughter's name?
Iulia Maria. In English, the equivalent would be: Julie Mary.

Quote:
2-Does your wife know you're a fan of hentai ?
Yes.

Quote:
3-Why do you prefer Futurama over, say, The Simpsons, if there's any discernible reason?
I'm more of a science fiction freak. But, I do enjoy Simpsons a lot too.

Quote:
4-Is this Sylar's best ever quote ?
It's good. But I prefer this one:

Quote:
I'm a natural progression of the species. Evolution is a part of nature, and nature kills. Simple, right?

Quote:
5-What MTFer would you trust the most to babysit your daughter (can't say none, imagine there was some situation where only MTFers could do it )?
Punky. Although, I think she'll run away with her.

Quote:
6-How often do you watch football matches live in the stadium? Ever done it outside of Romania?
Twice a year. Never outside of Romania.

Quote:
7-Are Barcelona of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi the best club side of all-time?
I may be subjective when saying yes.

Quote:
8-List your favorite animes.
Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon.

Quote:
9-You said in that 'Which MTFer thread...' that you'd like to party with me. This means that if I ever happen to be in Bucharest you'll meet me and we'll go partying right ?
If I am available... Indeed I would.

Quote:
10-Who has three best FHs and BHs on the men's tour?
Nadal, Delpo and Federer for FH. Gasquet, Murray, Djokovic for BH. Subjective answer though.

Quote:
11-Do you like the WTA?
I do enjoy the Wild Transportation Authority. Oh... that's not the WTA we were talking about, right?

Quote:
12-What would you advise tourists to do/visit if they went to your country?
Concentrate less on Bucharest, and more on the Transylvanian Castles. Don't be afraid fro your pockets, as there are no more gypsies and pickpockets here than in any other European city. Eat some Romanian traditional food, that's worth your while.

Quote:
13-How far do you believe Del Potro would have gone by now if he never had his unfortunate wrist injury/surgery?
World Number 1.

Quote:
14-Are the current top tennis players overrated because of surface homogenization (ie they succeed because conditons are tailor made for them all year long rather than because their talent level is so superior to the field)?
I do not believe that at all. The surface homogenization has lead to them adapting for such a change. The same surface homogenization goes for all ATP players.

Quote:
15-Are you planning on having more kids or is one a handful already?
Not for the time being.

Quote:
16-Do you post on any other forum apart from MTF?
Yes. I am an admin on a Romanian forum, where I also post the rankings. And I post on a Star Wars forum called EUCantina.

Quote:
17-What do you think of Hagi? How about Popescu?
Legends. There will not be any Romanian players like them as long as I live. That is because football here is now controlled by mafia, and I give it no hope in the near future.

Quote:
18-What is/are the funniest post(s), poster(s) and thread(s) on MTF?
To be frank, that Lenders/Hitler post/thread was the best I read in my short while, and the one I found the funniest. Funniest poster though, can't really say. You certainly have a good share.

Quote:
19-Did you watch The Hobbit's debut yesterday?
No. LOTR is not really my thing.

Quote:
20-What's your favorite Fast Food chain if any?
None. I don't eat fast food.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #18
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
How does your wife feel about MTF?
She doesn't know much about MTF, it's as long as it has priority 10, below all chores and responsibilities we share in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
With regards to the rankings, do you, like me, believe there is something potentially unjust about a result which happened fifty-one weeks ago having as much bearing in a player's ranking than a result which happened last week? Do you think more recent results should have a greater weighting than older results?
I've never thought about this. Sounds fair to have results dropped a percentage each week until falling apart for ever, but that would make the system extremely complex, and I don't think anyone would ever go for it. But it's an interesting idea which I like, nonetheless.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #19
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
I've never thought about this. Sounds fair to have results dropped a percentage each week until falling apart for ever, but that would make the system extremely complex, and I don't think anyone would ever go for it. But it's an interesting idea which I like, nonetheless.
If you're interested, have a peak at the ranking system used in golf. They have a 13 week grace period where all points taken stay the same, then they drop just over 1% each week until exactly two years has past, and they drop opp entirely. Also they use average, instead of "xx best". That means it's always an advantage not having played much 19-24 months ago as those results will always be a drag no matter how good they were initially.

Golf also has less obsesion with the majors. A major win gives 100 points. A win in the biggest non-majors gives more than 70 (exact points depend upon quality of the field).

Do you think any of these features would improve the tennis ranking?
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #20
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
If you're interested, have a peak at the ranking system used in golf. They have a 13 week grace period where all points taken stay the same, then they drop just over 1% each week until exactly two years has past, and they drop opp entirely. Also they use average, instead of "xx best". That means it's always an advantage not having played much 19-24 months ago as those results will always be a drag no matter how good they were initially.

Golf also has less obsesion with the majors. A major win gives 100 points. A win in the biggest non-majors gives more than 70 (exact points depend upon quality of the field).

Do you think any of these features would improve the tennis ranking?
The one in green yes, the one in red, no, because I would really like to see a qualifier winning a Grand Slam and actually going big in the rankings as a result. I would expect this to happen, and it would be fair, since winning a Slam is a major feat for a qualifier.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:17 AM   #21
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Good answer. Here comes a new batch

1-Who changes your daughter's diapers more often - you or your wife? Is it a pleasant task?

2-Are you answering most of these questions from your work while you were supposed to be working?

3-Did you find the Hitler video funnier than Nole Rules's Team Vulture vs Team Lenders?

4-Do you think Del Potro could still be #1 one day or did that ship sail for good with his injury/surgery?

5-Pick one (or neither if that's the case):

Nadal or Djokovic?

Nastase or Tiriac?

Iniesta or Zidane?

Reus or Goetze?

The Simpsons or Malcolm in the Middle?

Family Guy or American Dad?

Are You Afraid of the Dark or Boy Meets World?

The OC or One Tree Hill?

Forrest Gump or Pulp Fiction?

6-What were your favorite subjects in school?

7-How old were you when you lost your virginity? (for the record, doing 'stuff' while watching Hentai does not count )

8-Do you miss your student days/do you feel you had more freedom/free time back then?

9-If you were asked to propose/introduce changes to the tennis ranking system, which would those be?

10-Is it glorious news for TV and its viewers that Gossip Girl is finally off the air?

11-Are you satisfied with your job or aiming higher (or simply something difference, not necessarily higher)?

12-Apart from Murray and Del Potro, the only two currently active players to have won a Slam and not been #1 (yet), who do you believe has the potential to eventually find their way into your sig?

13-Did you ever get a bad rep from a non-Sapeod poster so far?

14-Who is the best villain/nemesis in Sailor Moon and why?

15-Where you you take me partying ?

Ok, this should do it for now
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #22
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Good answer. Here comes a new batch

Quote:
1-Who changes your daughter's diapers more often - you or your wife? Is it a pleasant task?
I am. It is definitely not a pleasant task, but I can't say it's horrible either. I gets worse though as the baby grows.

Quote:
2-Are you answering most of these questions from your work while you were supposed to be working?
Yes.

Quote:
3-Did you find the Hitler video funnier than Nole Rules's Team Vulture vs Team Lenders?
Yeah, although both are extremely humorous.

Quote:
4-Do you think Del Potro could still be #1 one day or did that ship sail for good with his injury/surgery?
He can still be #1 one day, either #26 or #27 in my signature.

Quote:
5-Pick one (or neither if that's the case):

Nadal or Djokovic?
Djokovic

Quote:
Nastase or Tiriac?
Nastase

Quote:
Iniesta or Zidane?
Iniesta

Quote:
Reus or Goetze?
Reus

Quote:
The Simpsons or Malcolm in the Middle?
The Simpsons

Quote:
Family Guy or American Dad?
Family Guy

Quote:
Are You Afraid of the Dark or Boy Meets World?
Boy Meets World

Quote:
The OC or One Tree Hill?
Never seen either one of them. Neither is my pick.

Quote:
Forrest Gump or Pulp Fiction?
Pulp Fiction.

Quote:
6-What were your favorite subjects in school?
Mathematics, Geography, Informatics

Quote:
7-How old were you when you lost your virginity? (for the record, doing 'stuff' while watching Hentai does not count )
20. Honest answer. Not with my current wife.

Quote:
8-Do you miss your student days/do you feel you had more freedom/free time back then?
Yes indeed. There was a whole lot of free time back then.

Quote:
9-If you were asked to propose/introduce changes to the tennis ranking system, which would those be?
- Eliminate Commitment from the rankings. Let it stay only for fines/other penalties.
- Give 1 point for qualifying on the main draw of a futures event
- Give 1 point for reaching the final round of a Challenger qualifying draw, and 1 point for reaching round 2 of a Tour qualifying draw.
- Make the best Challengers score 150 points, and the weakest 60 points. Have Futures score 30/20 points. The Futures must become 25K/15K.
- Re-Introduce "Defeat-Top-30-Players" bonus points in Tour events. Something like this: 300 for #1, 150 for #2, 120 for #3, 100 for #4 and #5, 80 for the rest of the Top 10, 50 for #11-#15, 30 for #16-#20, 20 for #21-#25 and 10 for #26-#30. Maybe increment them according to the event category, more for GS, less for 250.

Quote:
10-Is it glorious news for TV and its viewers that Gossip Girl is finally off the air?
Never seen it, but if you say it is, than I agree.

Quote:
11-Are you satisfied with your job or aiming higher (or simply something difference, not necessarily higher)?
I am not perfectly satisfied, and never will be. I will forever aim higher, but not that different, since I like the programming domain.

Quote:
12-Apart from Murray and Del Potro, the only two currently active players to have won a Slam and not been #1 (yet), who do you believe has the potential to eventually find their way into your sig?
Raonic, Nishikori, Goffin and even the young Quinzi have the potential certainly, but they need much more than that to make it there. The way tennis is shaping up, a period of transition is awaiting us, and many more than those I mentioned may actually get there, but we shall see.

Quote:
13-Did you ever get a bad rep from a non-Sapeod poster so far?
Yes. I got one from Sombrero loco first, but all was forgiven and forgotten, since he turned up to be nicest of posters I met. Also got one from another Murray fan, but I forgot the name, and from SweetCleo, the weirdest one to date, in which she threatened to use her witching skills on my baby.

Quote:
14-Who is the best villain/nemesis in Sailor Moon and why?
Galaxia. I mean, she definitely was evil incarnate. Or at least Chaos was inside of her.

Quote:
15-Where you you take me partying ?
I have not given thought to this for now. There's a bunch of place to go in the Old Town.

Quote:
Ok, this should do it for now
Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #23
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever reported a post in here to the mods for whatever reason?

Have you noticed yourself getting someone else's user name wrong besides Sombrerero loco?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #24
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Have you ever reported a post in here to the mods for whatever reason?
No.

Quote:
Have you noticed yourself getting someone else's user name wrong besides Sombrerero loco?
Yes, and I even double verify before posting. But one cannot pay full attention 100% of time.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #25
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

How long does it take you to find an example of a word written in the exact same way both in English and Romanian, but having two entirely differenct meanings?

Which word was it?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #26
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
How long does it take you to find an example of a word written in the exact same way both in English and Romanian, but having two entirely differenct meanings?
Less than a second. It's a classic I always use.

Quote:
Which word was it?
The word is dual. date and data.

- date is the current timestamp in English, and in Romanian the equivalent translates to data.
- data is a collection of information in English, and the equivalent in Romanian translates to to date.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #27

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Nice answers again, here come some more. And yes, believe me on that one, it's great news: Gossip Girl has been easily the worst show on TV in the past few years

1-Do your first few proposed changes to the ranking system have the aim of making it easier for newcomers to get their first ranking point thus entering the ATP rankings or did you have another aim(s) in mind?

2-Don't know if you knew about this already, but Boy Meets World is getting a spin off from Disney Channel: Girl Meets World, starting next year and featuring Cory and Topanga's 13 year old daughter and her best friend in the leading roles. Shawn, Eric and Mr Feeny will not be regulars in the spin off. Any views on this?

3-Following my 'Simpsons or Malcolm in the Middle' question, in case you've watched both, who is dumber: Homer or Reese? Skip the question in case you've only watched The Simpsons.

4-My personal favorite arc of Sailor Moon was the one with Queen Nehelenia and Zirconia (that was one jokes dude). Oh but wait, this is not a question, which will only come next: the most controversial (as in getting the most mixed reviews) character of the Sailor Moon franchise is most definitely Tuxedo Mask, what's your take on him?

5-I take it from the fact that you haven't watched either The OC or One Tree Hill that you're not a fan of teen dramas. Am I correct?

6-What's your favorite Futurama character and episode?

7-Would you agree with the consensus that Futurama has gotten old in a way ie the show is in decadence in the past few season, regurgitating old jokes and plot lines?

8-Is it weird that I know the consensus on controversial cartoon characters, animated series reviews and what not ?

9-Are you on Twitter?

10-What would your ideal Champions League R16 draw be?

This should do it for now, these are 'bigger' question than usual
Old 12-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #28
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
1-Do your first few proposed changes to the ranking system have the aim of making it easier for newcomers to get their first ranking point thus entering the ATP rankings or did you have another aim(s) in mind?
Of course I had newcomers in mind. I was thinking especially at the players qualifying in a Futures event featuring a 128-Quali Draw. To gain one single point coming from the qualies, players here must win 5 matches. That's like winning a whole new tournament for one single point. It's a bit too much.

Quote:
2-Don't know if you knew about this already, but Boy Meets World is getting a spin off from Disney Channel: Girl Meets World, starting next year and featuring Cory and Topanga's 13 year old daughter and her best friend in the leading roles. Shawn, Eric and Mr Feeny will not be regulars in the spin off. Any views on this?
I'm expecting trouble, but I might be exaggerating due to my current hate for Disney.

Quote:
3-Following my 'Simpsons or Malcolm in the Middle' question, in case you've watched both, who is dumber: Homer or Reese? Skip the question in case you've only watched The Simpsons.
I'm clearly thinking Reese is dumber and also less attractive as a character than Homer. Reese is a bully, Homer is simply funny IMO.

Quote:
4-My personal favorite arc of Sailor Moon was the one with Queen Nehelenia and Zirconia (that was one jokes dude). Oh but wait, this is not a question, which will only come next: the most controversial (as in getting the most mixed reviews) character of the Sailor Moon franchise is most definitely Tuxedo Mask, what's your take on him?
Too many aliases made for a pretty confusing mix, although it was painfully obvious to everyone except the characters on the show who he really was. I never liked him to be frank.

Quote:
5-I take it from the fact that you haven't watched either The OC or One Tree Hill that you're not a fan of teen dramas. Am I correct?
It's not that. Such teen shows are not aired here, and it's hard to hear about them existing before watching. They must score a lot above average.

Quote:
6-What's your favorite Futurama character and episode?
I like both Bender and Zoidberg the most. Despite that, my favorite episodes are Luck of the Fryish (impact) and Roswell That Ends Well (hilarity).

Quote:
7-Would you agree with the consensus that Futurama has gotten old in a way ie the show is in decadence in the past few season, regurgitating old jokes and plot lines?
There is a bit of re-usage of jokes, but I don't think it has dropped yet.

Quote:
8-Is it weird that I know the consensus on controversial cartoon characters, animated series reviews and what not ?
No.

Quote:
9-Are you on Twitter?
No. Neither Twitter nor Facebook don't get me.

Quote:
10-What would your ideal Champions League R16 draw be?
PSG - Porto
Schalke - Shakhtar
Malaga - Valencia
Borussia - Milan
Juventus - Galatasaray
Bayern - Celtic
Manchester - Arsenal
Barcelona - Real ()
Old 12-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #29

1-What's the reason for your current hate for Disney? For the record, I'm also afraid Disney will screw it up (lately everything they touch turns into crap) and besides BMW without Shawn and Mr Feeny is just not the same thing.

2-Is Mr. Feeny the best TV teacher ever/did you wish to have had Mr. Feeny as a teacher?

3-Who's smarter: Malcom or Lisa?

4-Why haven't you adhered to social networks, just couldn't be bothered or any bigger reason?

5-Now that the Champions League draw is out, what are your predictions for next round?
Old 12-21-2012, 06:26 AM   #30
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
1-What's the reason for your current hate for Disney? For the record, I'm also afraid Disney will screw it up (lately everything they touch turns into crap) and besides BMW without Shawn and Mr Feeny is just not the same thing.
They've bought Star Wars and announced 3 new movies. They will butcher 20 years of Expanded Universe novels that have covered pretty much everything after Episode VI.

Quote:
2-Is Mr. Feeny the best TV teacher ever/did you wish to have had Mr. Feeny as a teacher?
I admit. I simply love the Feeny call. Fe-heee-heeee-ny!!!! Yeah, I wish I've had him as a teacher.

Quote:
3-Who's smarter: Malcom or Lisa?
Gonna go with Malcolm, because Lisa never kept up in a class with gifted students. Malcolm's ego though sucks, Lisa is much cuter.

Quote:
4-Why haven't you adhered to social networks, just couldn't be bothered or any bigger reason?
I have never had the time to sit around all day and post on blogs, social networks, and create such accounts. After they spread, I couldn't care less about them, even after friends invited me. It's also a smaller fear I have of not sharing too much of my private life on the internet. I have chat installed (both Yahoo and MSN) and anyone who wants to chat with me is welcome to do so in this manner.

Quote:
5-Now that the Champions League draw is out, what are your predictions for next round?
Celtic FC - Juventus
Juventus 60% to win this encounter.

Valencia CF - Paris Saint-Germain FC
Interesting dispute. It's about 50-50, but I'm gonna go with PSG.

FC Shakhtar Donetsk - Borussia Dortmund
Shakhtar 70% to win this.

Real Madrid CF - Manchester United FC
I so wanted a grand match, and this is it. Real though 55%.

FC Porto - Málaga CF
FC Porto have this in the bag, 95%.

Arsenal FC - FC Bayern München
Bayern to win this 75%.

Galatasaray AŞ - FC Schalke 04
Galata plays at home first, so Schalke will have the bigger chance here 55%.

AC Milan - FC Barcelona
Barcelona, 100%.