Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 80 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #1186
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

So the only thing we can do is accept that dissatisfaction and take things as they come? I´m not at that point in my life yet I fear. Because, yes, the studying has gotten tedious by now and it´s crystal clear your academic education need not have any bearing on your (professional) future. Yet, to just roll from uni into a working life is such a lacklustre way to lead your life, as if societal mores would dictate how I live. But, running away from it all through incessant travelling, a project or just blatant hedonism is equally as pointless, in the sense that it would be a reaction to a life that feels to easy and not something appealing in and of itself (not to mention the fact that partying/travelling can be quite empty if you indulge in it too much). In the end, the key is what you said at the end there: we are naturally dissatisfied. And the best way to combat that is to vary things somewhat in your life. Which brings me back to my need to think about what I want and how I wish to accomplish it.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #1187
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Oh -- when I was in my late twenties, I happened to see my dog in the back yard looking up at the sky with a big smile on his face. That's when it clicked for me that happiness is in the moment and being in the moment.

Even at my worst times when the worst most unhappy things were happening to me, it's never been 100% unhappiness. I've always been able to find happiness in small things and small moments. These are the things that lift my spirits and make my heart sing.

For me, in my perspective, it's thinking that this thing or that thing will bring happiness. Everything in life is a mixture of happiness and unhappiness. A partner and children bring great joy, but also can bring hardship and problems at the same time. I think that is true of everything. Can you find happiness in the middle of the worst possible thing? I think so. But it's a moment, and it's seizing that moment and appreciating the moment.

It's hard with ambitious people because they are often dissatisfied with their accomplishments and want to do more and do better and are harsh critics of their progress. I know that I like to be challenged and like things to be difficult and when I can understand something difficult that is a feeling of accomplishment. Even in simple and silly things. Can I solve the hardest level of Sudoku? I'm working on it. Or if I am driving -- I'm going to drive the farthest I possibly can in one day. This is stupid, no? I'm trying to cut down on that kind of thing.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #1188
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

It´s a good perspective to have. But it´s one that does not come naturally to us people. I´m starting to think I myself will have to crash and burn once or twice before being able to have it sink in that our destiny is not as makeable as I´d wish it to be. Letting go of too much ambition, while challenging yourself all the same. Balance. Variety. I don´t know, by now I´m thinking I´m just juttering down random words
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #1189
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I don't think so.

When I was about 20 there was the threat of nuclear war (very real during the Cuban crisis) The Vietnam war was building and then in my early 20's it was raging with young men my age being drafted and killed. We were marching in protests or yelling at people who were marching in protests. There were riots in the cities with neighborhoods being burned. Leaders off the country were assassinated. It was a pretty grim time really.

And there are people in their young twenties facing much more terrible things in their countries.
You're giving me too much clues, I might eventually find out your exact age.

That is exactly what I mean, stary. Those circumstances, far worse, have the exact opposite effect. It would make me feel younger, like life could end imminently, you had to enjoy life and live day by day.

It's not about facing tragedy, because you know I am aware there are people my age facing far, far worse things right now. I am about to go and have a nice dinner, with all the foods I need, many people my age do not have that luxury.

It is about this EXACT situation my generation in Europe is living. We keep hearing in the news we have absolutely no future, it's all f*cked up. You probably do not understand how serious the situation is here right now. They are talking about firing 30.000 people who work for the government. You know what 30.000 people in my country is? we are less than 10 million, only a part of it works, and a very small part of that works for the state... I am most certainly not going to have a job in 5 or 7 years. My government does the the "favor" of providing me the chance to get a specialization, only because when I got in Uni, that was the info I got. But once I am specialized, off I go, no space for me here. And I find this out 5 years into a degree that when I started had a 100% employment rate, with good salaries.

It's looking pretty bad, really. And I haven't been doing a whole lot of worrying, only a bit, but this does age me, you know. And it makes me feel old, with no future. And if you come to think of it, for me and my generation this especially hard, because we never faced troubled times. Not in my country or in Spain and most European countries. I was blessed with a lof food, luxuries, everything I needed and more, and my parents were only middle/high middle class! And now what is my government giving me? Nothing. It's actually trying to take from me.

Did you know members of the portuguese government stated that educated young people, with uni degrees, from certain areas, are welcome to leave the country in search for a job, because there is none for them here. This is what they said. Not that they will try to fix it, that we should pack our bags and try our luck elsewhere.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #1190
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
So the only thing we can do is accept that dissatisfaction and take things as they come? I´m not at that point in my life yet I fear. Because, yes, the studying has gotten tedious by now and it´s crystal clear your academic education need not have any bearing on your (professional) future. Yet, to just roll from uni into a working life is such a lacklustre way to lead your life, as if societal mores would dictate how I live. But, running away from it all through incessant travelling, a project or just blatant hedonism is equally as pointless, in the sense that it would be a reaction to a life that feels to easy and not something appealing in and of itself (not to mention the fact that partying/travelling can be quite empty if you indulge in it too much). In the end, the key is what you said at the end there: we are naturally dissatisfied. And the best way to combat that is to vary things somewhat in your life. Which brings me back to my need to think about what I want and how I wish to accomplish it.
Exactly. But don't get me wrong, you change your life, you get to some place better. But in no time, you will start feeling the exact same way. We are just naturally dissatisfied, we always want more.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #1191
country flag arm

And what star said, is so very true. Some people might think I am exaggerating when talking about my future, but I am not. If I stay in this country, it's not looking good all. But I am going to go now and enjoy my dinner. And really when I am having dinner and worrying about it, I look at my food and feel joy. I think about my parents who still have a job and feel lucky. I think about my strengths, the degree I am taking and realize that if it's not going to work out here, it will work out somewhere else. So yeah, I'll be back after my delicious dinner which my incredible mother decided to cook for me and my lovely sister.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #1192
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Just woke up after went to bed at 5am and all these talkings about life are too much for my muddled brain. I would be dead tomorrow after Nole's match tonight.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #1193
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Just woke up after went to bed at 5am and all these talkings about life are too much for my muddled brain. I would be dead tomorrow after Nole's match tonight.

Only one more day of AO! And then it's back to reasonable schedules.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #1194
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Raquel -- The good part is that you are getting a degree in an area where you will gain skills to have employment somewhere. That's why I don't want you to specialize in psychiatry. I want you to have a skill that is not so dependent on language and culture. And even though you think you don't want to go through the horrible process of getting licensed in another country, that is still a better prospect than not having a job.

As for the government not doing much for you, you should live in the U.S. where the government does practically nothing for anybody. At least you are able to get a fine education at little cost. That doesn't happen here.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #1195
country flag arm

He did it! I still can't believe it. I lost faith during the 2nd set, I really thought it was over. I am not the best fan, but I am so happy now.

and I just came from the charity thing, I gave money for a cause and I had gym classes. I took two, so I am feeling tired but powerful.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #1196
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you all, Novak is as good as invincible in Melbourne.

Anyone got any good packing tips? I'm hopeless at it.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #1197
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Sit on briefcase
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #1198
country flag arm

LEE!!!! See? me betting on Nole WORKED!!!! My vbets are luck .

But now I have all this vmoney I don't want, and that I promised to give away. What should I do? There are no good vcauses, are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post

Just grab some clothes and put them inside a bag. easy thanks George
Old 01-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #1199
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post

Enough underwear and socks for each day. Belts. Couple slacks. Belt Couple pullovers (or jumpers as you strangely call them) Jacket. Shaving kit. deoderant. Toothbrush and paste.

roll the pullovers, underwear and socks. hang or fold slacks flat.

Done and dusted.

It's so easy to pack for a man.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #1200
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Enough underwear and socks for each day. Belts. Couple slacks. Belt Couple pullovers (or jumpers as you strangely call them) Jacket. Shaving kit. deoderant. Toothbrush and paste.

roll the pullovers, underwear and socks. hang or fold slacks flat.

Done and dusted.

It's so easy to pack for a man.
This x10. We need to choose shoes... how do we even choose shoes. And accept the fact that we are only taking one purse. Plus think about makeover and other beauty stuff that I am still not sure it actually makes us more beautiful. Plus bras, they occupy space and have weird forms, so it's hard packing them in the right space.
Closed Thread