Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 78 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #1156
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Humor disorders in what sense? Surely not the Aristotelian/Medieval one?

Watch a TV show or read a book I´d say.
Mostly bipolar disorder and depression
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #1157
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Watch a TV show or read a book I´d say.
That would be a good idea, but to start one now would just annoy me. I'd get midway through either the book or TV series and then it would be time to leave. That's just frustrating.

I might watch some films that I've not seen in a while. That would be more appropriate, I think. Can't be bothered to watch one tonight, though.

Do I sound like I'm moaning? Apologies if I do.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #1158
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Can I tell you after I finish it? At least let me start it. I am not clueless, but I couldn't possibly explain you what I know in words that you would understand.
Of course! I understand that it would be difficult to summarise. Excuse my curiosity.

I'm sure you'll do a very good job with it, and it's an interesting concept that you've chosen.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #1159
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
That's really interesting, I remember learning about life in the Soviet Union during those years, and their involvement during WW2, but never have I considered or studied their involvement in the Spanish Civil War. What's the story?

So what is the relationship, if you can summarise it briefly?
Brief summary: The Soviet Union was quite enthousiatic about exporting the workers´ revolution at first, but by the time the Spanish War rolled around, they had become more cautious, believing that the SU had to become a workers´ paradise itself before they could turn other countries into proper communist ones. Thus, Stalin did support the Republican side with arms, money and military personnel, but wished to prevent the ´wrong´ kind of leftist regime to win the war. Franco was therefore not his only adversary; just as much energy, if not even more, was spent on ´silencing´ any dissenting opinions within the Republican (e.g. leftist) camp. The anarcho-syndicalists and Trotskyists (Stalin was irrationally fearful of the dissident Trotsky) were especially hard hit. The methods used were rather nasty as well; the NKVD (Soviet secret service) apparently had a crematory where many political opponents met their end for instance.

Last edited by Trollicki : 01-25-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #1160
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That would be a good idea, but to start one now would just annoy me. I'd get midway through either the book or TV series and then it would be time to leave. That's just frustrating.

I might watch some films that I've not seen in a while. That would be more appropriate, I think. Can't be bothered to watch one tonight, though.

Do I sound like I'm moaning? Apologies if I do.
No, of course you don´t sound like if you are moaning. Just have some compassion, the two of you. Not all of us are done with exams But can´t you for instance start a book now and continue with it during some spare time while you are in Belgium (say, before going to sleep)?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #1161
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
Mostly bipolar disorder and depression
Have they done enough experiments with light therapy for you to use that data in your thesis? Daylight simulation in order to combat depression was the rage here last winter.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #1162
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really have nothing to do until I leave on Monday. No work or study needs to be done before then and I always leave packing to the last minute.

I should really be enjoying myself, but I'm really bored.
Play Football or Tennis?

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #1163
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you guys get badreps often?
All the time because I'm not afraid to let my opinion be know and a lot of fedtards don't like my opinion.

argument.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #1164
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have they done enough experiments with light therapy for you to use that data in your thesis? Daylight simulation in order to combat depression was the rage here last winter.
I am not so much looking into the light therapy, only the mechanism and the relationship of light, and seasons with it. It's not so much about using it in the therapy, it's whether or not this relationship exists and how.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #1165
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
I am not so much looking into the light therapy, only the mechanism and the relationship of light, and seasons with it. It's not so much about using it in the therapy, it's whether or not this relationship exists and how.
Cool, good luck with your investigation
Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #1166
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Brief summary: The Soviet Union was quite enthousiatic about exporting the workers´ revolution at first, but by the time the Spanish War rolled around, they had become more cautious, believing that the SU had to become a workers´ paradise itself before they could turn other countries into proper communist ones. Thus, Stalin did support the Republican side with arms, money and military personnel, but wished to prevent the ´wrong´ kind of leftist regime to win the war. Franco was therefore not his only adversary; just as much energy, if not even more, was spent on ´silencing´ any dissenting opinions within the Republican (e.g. leftist) camp. The anarcho-syndicalists and Trotskyists (Stalin was irrationally fearful of the dissident Trotsky) were especially hard hit. The methods used were rather nasty as well; the NKVD (Soviet secret service) apparently had a crematory where many political opponents met their end for instance.
I think it just further justifies how bad a person Stalin was, but also how astute he was as well. Yeah, we looked at his relationship with Trotsky, and I'm not sure if this is true or not, but when it was time for Lenin's funeral, Stalin gave Trotsky the wrong date of the funeral, so as to make Trotsky look worse off when it came time for the new leader to be appointed. All of it obviously helped because we know what happened. The purges were nasty, indeed.

Quote:
No, of course you don´t sound like if you are moaning. Just have some compassion, the two of you. Not all of us are done with exams But can´t you for instance start a book now and continue with it during some spare time while you are in Belgium (say, before going to sleep)?
How many exams do you have left, and when? Good luck with them.

I could do that, but it would distract me. I'm going to Brussels to compete in a chess tournament, so I don't want a long term distraction like a novel until I get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Play Football or Tennis?
I would love to, but I can't play sports until the end of February or the start of March because of problems with my arm.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #1167
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
]

I would love to, but I can't play sports until the end of February or the start of March because of problems with my arm.
Damn that sucks man . Video games surely then? ;o

argument.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #1168
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Damn that sucks man . Video games surely then? ;o
It's okay, I wouldn't be playing much during the winter months anyway.

I don't really like video games that much. They only appeal to me when I can play with friends, which is more due to my competitiveness rather than a profound approval of the video games themselves. I do play on my own from time to time, but less recently.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #1169
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
I think it just further justifies how bad a person Stalin was, but also how astute he was as well. Yeah, we looked at his relationship with Trotsky, and I'm not sure if this is true or not, but when it was time for Lenin's funeral, Stalin gave Trotsky the wrong date of the funeral, so as to make Trotsky look worse off when it came time for the new leader to be appointed. All of it obviously helped because we know what happened. The purges were nasty, indeed.

How many exams do you have left, and when? Good luck with them.

I could do that, but it would distract me. I'm going to Brussels to compete in a chess tournament, so I don't want a long term distraction like a novel until I get back.
Yes, Stalin had a very peculiar mix of primitivity and astuteness. He knew how to play the political game better than Trotsky, who was more idealistic and somewhat more naive (though make no mistake: despite the fact that history has painted Trotsky in a more positive light because he stood up to Stalin, he was no harmless fellow either, but held quite a disregard for human life himself). The dumbest thing Stalin did was murder most of his best military and political men, because he was afraid they might sell him out (his reputation for paranoia is well-deserved), in 1936-1938, which left the country pretty much defenseless against the Germans (and which, as you can see, coincided with the Spanish Civil War. Not a coincidence.)

I have only one exam left and it´s on Wednesday, but it is a tricky - and important - one.

That explains things For how long have you been playing chess? You must be quite good seeing as how you compete in international tournaments.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #1170
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Yes, Stalin had a very peculiar mix of primitivity and astuteness. He knew how to play the political game better than Trotsky, who was more idealistic and somewhat more naive (though make no mistake: despite the fact that history has painted Trotsky in a more positive light because he stood up to Stalin, he was no harmless fellow either, but held quite a disregard for human life himself). The dumbest thing Stalin did was murder most of his best military and political men, because he was afraid they might sell him out (his reputation for paranoia is well-deserved), in 1936-1938, which left the country pretty much defenseless against the Germans (and which, as you can see, coincided with the Spanish Civil War. Not a coincidence.)
Really interesting, thank you for the information. I also don't deny that different historians can make the same piece of history seem very contrasting.

Quote:
I have only one exam left and it´s on Wednesday, but it is a tricky - and important - one.
Wouldn't it be amazing if you aced it? I really wish you the best of luck!

Quote:
That explains things For how long have you been playing chess? You must be quite good seeing as how you compete in international tournaments.
I have been playing since I was seven or eight years old, but only seriously since two or three years ago. I'm not really all that good, it's just I am the best player my school has to offer, so it's up to me.
Closed Thread