Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 286 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #4276
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
WOW! Anyway Let's see I have 20 and 16 yo's and their parents are 54 and 55 I did something wrong Waited way too long.
Could be worse, I´m 22 while my parents are 59 and 61
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #4277
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Could be worse, I´m 22 while my parents are 59 and 61
Oh that makes me feel better
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #4278
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
My parents are the one that had children too soon. Even my sister, when she was born mom and dad were 26!

Sometimes when mom, sister and I go out, people think we are sisters.
Oh that makes me feel better too
Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #4279
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, waiting for a bit before having children does not have to be a bad thing. I couldn´t imagine myself being a father at this point in my life frankly
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #4280
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Honestly, waiting for a bit before having children does not have to be a bad thing. I couldn´t imagine myself being a father at this point in my life frankly
I am just teasing. I waited for many of the same reasons Busy with my career really. I maybe waited a couple of extra years more than I should of. (honestly I was a bit scared as I knew it would be so life changing). I am glad I had my boys- best thing I ever did really. I adore them.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #4281
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Neither did my parents, but they faced the challenge.

I think when these things happen to you, you adapt. The thought of having a child right now really scares me, but Iam 99% sure that if it happened, I would adapt really quick and in only a few months I would be thinking "how did I ever think I couldn't do this"?

Not saying that being a parent is easy though. But I just think that people adapt. Obviously, in my case, I am predicting a good adaptation because I have a pretty good support system (family).
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #4282
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
I am just teasing. I waited for many of the same reasons Busy with my career really. I maybe waited a couple of extra years more than I should of. (honestly I was a bit scared as I knew it would be so life changing). I am glad I had my boys- best thing I ever did really. I adore them.
I know you were Yeah, it is tricky, trying to become your own person on the one hand and starting a family while you´re still relatively young on the other. I guess you are never completely ready for it - you´ll just have to the plunge I´m glad having children worked out so well for you

Quote:
Neither did my parents, but they faced the challenge.

I think when these things happen to you, you adapt. The thought of having a child right now really scares me, but Iam 99% sure that if it happened, I would adapt really quick and in only a few months I would be thinking "how did I ever think I couldn't do this"?

Not saying that being a parent is easy though. But I just think that people adapt. Obviously, in my case, I am predicting a good adaptation because I have a pretty good support system (family).
Of course, you can adapt (you have to adapt even). If I would have a child tomorrow, I would adapt to it. It forces you to grow up. Still, it would be less easy for me now than in say 5 years.

Well, one can´t always have the luxury of family living closeby when you get kids sadly.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #4283
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

And to be honest, I don't know what scares me more, having a child now or in a coupld of years or having a child as a 40 year old woman.

Ideally, I would like to have kids in my late twenties, but I doubt that is going to be happening because of the job.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #4284
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
And to be honest, I don't know what scares me more, having a child now or in a coupld of years or having a child as a 40 year old woman.

Ideally, I would like to have kids in my late twenties, but I doubt that is going to be happening because of the job.
Find a good partner who will share with you. I had Sam when I was almost 40-no bueno At least for me. I was pretty sick. The nurse who worked with me threatened to quit if I ever got pregnant again
Old 03-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #4285
country flag arm

Unless of course Nole finally opens his eyes, dumps Jelena and comes rescue.me from med school. I wouldn't mind being pregnant with his babies in 2 years time. I need a couple of years though

On another note, what do you guys think about abortion?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #4286
country flag arm

Quote:
Find a good partner who will share with you. I had Sam when I was almost 40-no bueno At least for me. I was pretty sick. The nurse who worked with me threatened to quit if I ever got pregnant again
The nurse

All respect, and I only say it because I am pretty sure we are cool to exchange a few opinions. I wouldn't want to leave having babies for my early forties. Especially the first one at 40+. But as a future doctor, before 30 is a bit unlikely.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #4287
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
Unless of course Nole finally opens his eyes, dumps Jelena and comes rescue.me from med school. I wouldn't mind being pregnant with his babies in 2 years time. I need a couple of years though

You fangirl

I am in favour of abortion. A woman should have the right to decide if she wants to become a mother. Of course, if the child was the fruit of consensual intercourse, the father should be consulted. I do believe women use abortion to easily as some kind of safety net, so that they can sleep without protection. Abortion is taxing - an aunt of mine got an abortion when she was in her early twenties and wasn´t able to ever get pregnant again. Protection and the pill should always be used first.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #4288
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:

Now that I have actually had a child? I could not do it but I understand those who need to. Wouldn't it be a perfect world if one did not want children to use contraception and take responsibility for not having to make abortion a choice? I wish politicians would get the hell out of it. It should be between a woman and her doctor personally. I could go on but not on a tennis forum
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #4289
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Great minds really do think alike.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #4290
country flag arm

Yeah, yeah. I am in favour too, although my reasons may differ.

But I was asking for a personal point of view. Lets say you are you, 22, and your gf gets pregnant. Would you consider it? (Don't amswer if the question is too personal )
Closed Thread