Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #16
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Starry, what sort of temperatures do you get in December/January compared to June/July? I imagine it must be a massive difference?

Depends on the winter. This winter has been great so far. Today is 11c. It normally stays above freezing in the daytime and it is sunny and bright. Today I took off my cardigan while out for a walk. January is usually a bit dreary with more clouds. Some years it drops below zero F at night and stays below freezing during the day. Then the river nearly freezes over. But still less than 100 years ago the river froze solid in the winter and they drove heavy machinery on it. In the summer it nearly always gets up to 40c. And some summers even more. But it's not humid. Also it cools off at night. It's not unusual to have a 40 degree difference between an early summer day high and a nighttime low. So 100 in the day and then 60 in the early morning.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
When adeegee came to the US open he was complaining and sweating buckets and I was wearing long jeans comfortably lol.
Ha! My brother is afraid to come to the u.s. in the summer.

We rarely see Brit tourists here. The Germans and French seem hardier although its cold as the devil in their countries too
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #18
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I live in the US about an hour from new York city :-)
Lucky!

I wish I lived within that distance of where a slam was played. Heck even I'd be happy for a 250 ATP event to come to Manchester

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #19
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Depends on the winter. This winter has been great so far. Today is 11c. It normally stays above freezing in the daytime and it is sunny and bright. Today I took off my cardigan while out for a walk. January is usually a bit dreary with more clouds. Some years it drops below zero F at night and stays below freezing during the day. Then the river nearly freezes over. But still less than 100 years ago the river froze solid in the winter and they drove heavy machinery on it. In the summer it nearly always gets up to 40c. And some summers even more. But it's not humid. Also it cools off at night. It's not unusual to have a 40 degree difference between an early summer day high and a nighttime low. So 100 in the day and then 60 in the early morning.
Sounds lovely.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #20
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Morning

Have to leave soon for another dim sum brunch with relatives on a Saturday. The noise will drive me crazy.

star, I took some pics finally. Not really good quality as I don't have a tripod and not a good photographer. I let the camera did all the work.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #21
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Morning

Have to leave soon for another dim sum brunch with relatives on a Saturday. The noise will drive me crazy.

star, I took some pics finally. Not really good quality as I don't have a tripod and not a good photographer. I let the camera did all the work.

Thank you!

More dim sum. You won't even want eat Chinese food when you come home!

Are you getting anxious to see hubby and jr,?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #22
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Morning

Photos only for star?
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #23
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Morning

Have fun.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #24
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Ha! My brother is afraid to come to the u.s. in the summer.

We rarely see Brit tourists here. The Germans and French seem hardier although its cold as the devil in their countries too
There are actually loads of British expats in the area where I work I am not really sure why

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #25
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
There are actually loads of British expats in the area where I work I am not really sure why
There are lots in southern california too.

Maybe they just don't like the rugged backwoods areas.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #26
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

What about Indians ? When I visited the US , I saw plenty of Indians wherever I went
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #27
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
What about Indians ? When I visited the US , I saw plenty of Indians wherever I went
There aren't many or really any Indian tourists here.

Recently, we have had one family of Indians settle in town. I know this because one of the sons was recognized in the newspaper as an outstanding student in his graduating class, and I see his sister working in a local restaurant. I think the family are immigrants because the daughter speaks with an Indian accent.

And at first, I thought you were asking about the Navajos who live here.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #28
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
New Jersey has a large Indian population Especially in the central NJ area I live in.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #29
#freeviktor

Quote:
New Jersey is one of the most ethnically and religiously diverse states in the country. As of 2011, 56.4% of New Jersey's population younger than age 1 were minorities.[44] It has the second largest Jewish population by percentage (after New York);[45] the second largest Muslim population by percentage (after Michigan); the largest population of Peruvian Americans in the United States; the largest population of Cubans outside of Florida; the third highest Asian population by percentage; and the third highest Italian population by percentage according to the 2000 Census. African Americans, Hispanics and Latinos, and Arabs are also high in number. It has the third highest Indian population of any state by absolute numbers.[46][47][48][49] It has the third largest Korean population, fourth largest Filipino population, and fourth largest Chinese population, per the 2010 U.S. Census. The five largest ethnic groups are: Italian (17.9%), Irish (15.9%), African (13.6%), German (12.6%), Polish (6.9%).
All in our tiny little state

What does this diversity lead to?

Delicious food

Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #30
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
All in our tiny little state

What does this diversity lead to?

Delicious food

I know! This is why I don't understand opponents of immigration. It's good food!

I remember when after the Vietnam war, Vietnamese began to flood into the Houston area. People worried, but then -- it was just good food!
Closed Thread