Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #271
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Its really sad I really feel for those parents who cant see their child grow in front of their eyes .
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 AM   #272
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
So many people wanting to be asked questions in NT
These things come in waves. There was an "in the spotlight" trend a few off seasons ago people are bored, but i guarantee no one is getting questions like I got in mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Waking up to the news that 26 people including 18 children killed in another mass shooting in an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut makes me seriously sick in my stomach.
I know I was surprised to see how much different the story was when I was at work when i left for work they thought there were only 2 adults shot and one child dead when I heard 20 children dead... just... I get that this kid hated his mom or whatever, but to go then go to her school and kill her students and the substitute teacher? what the hell is wrong with you.

I'm a big supporter of gun control, as are most people in the NY/NJ area because... a very very very minuscule part of the population here uses guns for "recreation" or even for "defense". This is not the 18th century. Guns do not function in society as they did when the constitution was written. I don't really understand why people who love their guns can't survive with some tighter restrictions. If you're a sane adult who should be owning a gun, you will pass the screening process and still be able to have your damn gun. No one needs to be able to go to Walmart and just get a gun instantly. NRA people love to say "guns don't kills people, people kill people" and I hate that load of BS. People WITH GUNS kill people. Though supposedly it was his mothers guns. Why his MOTHER needed assault weapons is a really great question too. Growing up I did not know anyone whose families owned guns. No one I still don't know anyone who owns guns except my uncle who goes hunting sometimes, but I think sometimes he uses bow and arrow

I just left Connecticut this morning and it's like my second home state I am really angry and sad about this

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #273
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
These things come in waves. There was an "in the spotlight" trend a few off seasons ago people are bored, but i guarantee no one is getting questions like I got in mine

I know I was surprised to see how much different the story was when I was at work when i left for work they thought there were only 2 adults shot and one child dead when I heard 20 children dead... just... I get that this kid hated his mom or whatever, but to go then go to her school and kill her students and the substitute teacher? what the hell is wrong with you.

I'm a big supporter of gun control, as are most people in the NY/NJ area because... a very very very minuscule part of the population here uses guns for "recreation" or even for "defense".
This is not the 18th century. Guns do not function in society as they did when the constitution was written. I don't really understand why people who love their guns can't survive with some tighter restrictions. If you're a sane adult who should be owning a gun, you will pass the screening process and still be able to have your damn gun. No one needs to be able to go to Walmart and just get a gun instantly. NRA people love to say "guns don't kills people, people kill people" and I hate that load of BS. People WITH GUNS kill people. Though supposedly it was his mothers guns. Why his MOTHER needed assault weapons is a really great question too. Growing up I did not know anyone whose families owned guns. No one I still don't know anyone who owns guns except my uncle who goes hunting sometimes, but I think sometimes he uses bow and arrow

I just left Connecticut this morning and it's like my second home state I am really angry and sad about this
I get what you're saying, but unfortunately gun control doesn't stop gun crime all together. If people want to get there hands on a gun they will. In the UK we have gun laws but people are still shot and killed .

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #274
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what the answer is. Certainly I can't see any reason that anyone needs to have a hand gun. I don't understand why this teacher had so many sophisticated guns. Obviously we are never going to be able to enter into the mind of this young man.

I do think that it's deeper than simply the access to guns. Canadians have just as many guns as we do, and I don't hear of this kind of mass killing there. Certainly, they are influenced by exactly the same kind of violent movies and tv shows as we see. Same music too. So there is something more fundamental at play.. Surely, we must have an investigation about the problem and address it.. Unfortunately, I think it is more complex.

Just for myself, I would be happy for no one at all to own a gun, however, I think it's nit possible to disarm the nation. There are simply too many guns in circulation, we could severely limit the sale of ammunition, but as we've seen with other commodities that are banned, that simply leads to a black market,

And gun owners aren't exactly the most rational people around. Living in Utah, I know a lot of people with a lot of guns, one guy I know owns an assault rifle. He's not the least bit crazy (except that he owns an assault rifle) In fact he's the prosecutor in this county. He thinks its fun to go out in the middle of nowhere and shoot the rifle. I think it's even an illegal weapon. He's invited me to come out with them shooting, but, you know, I've declined. I grew up in a rural area and learned to shoot my brothers rifle, but we weren't a hunting people and were basically taught to leave wild creatures alone because they all had their uses in nature. We butchered livestock for food, so we weren't some city people not knowing about intestines and organs and blood. But nobody was cruel either.

Rambling now, but to sum up: I don't think we'll do what is necessary to stop this sort of insanity. The only thing I can think that will be done is for schools to become barricaded like military compounds in Afghanistan.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #275
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I do think that it's deeper than simply the access to guns. Canadians have just as many guns as we do, and I don't hear of this kind of mass killing there. Certainly, they are influenced by exactly the same kind of violent movies and tv shows as we see. Same music too. So there is something more fundamental at play.. Surely, we must have an investigation about the problem and address it.. Unfortunately, I think it is more complex.
It's quite different between gun control in Canada and US. Shot guns and rifles are more common in Canada and semi-automatic weapons are rare. I think it's much harder for Canadians to own semi-auto. City folks mostly don't own guns and it's illegal to carry gun on your person, unlike many states in US. Guns MUST be locked inside your house unlike here everyone put them in their night tables or leaving around in the house. The mentality is different. In Canada, guns are used to protect vs four legs animals while in US, mainly two legs.

But I think the main difference is US are more viloent, not because of TV,etc but society on a whole. Canadians are more inclined to believe there are non-viloent solutions to problems.

It's also much easier to obtain guns illegally. In US, you can walk into a gun show and buy a semi-auto weapon without any background check. You can also easily obtain parts that will alter your semi-auto from legal (like 30 round clips) to illegal (like 100 round clips).

Last edited by Lee : 12-15-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #276
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

star, is it snowing there? It's cold and rainy here! hate the weather but will endure it because of the rain.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #277
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen a lot of comments on Facebook and elsewhere that they think the problem is that there isn't religion in schools anymore. NO. That is not it. There are less violent countries with even more agnostics than here.

I will be very disappointed if that's the only change people can think of. That American needs to get MORE religious of all things.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #278
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's quite different between gun control in Canada and US. Shot guns and rifles are more common in Canada and semi-automatic weapons are rare. I think it's much harder for Canadians to own semi-auto. City folks mostly don't own guns and it's illegal to carry gun on your person, unlike many states in US. Guns MUST be locked inside your house unlike here everyone put them in their night tables or leaving around in the house. The mentality is different. In Canada, guns are used to protect vs four legs animals while in US, mainly two legs.

But I think the main difference is US are more viloent, not because of TV,etc but society on a whole. Canadians are more inclined to believe there are non-viloent solutions to problems.

It's also much easier to obtain guns illegally. In US, you can walk into a gun show and buy a semi-auto weapon without any background check. You can also easily obtain parts that will alter your semi-auto from legal (like 30 round clips) to illegal (like 100 round clips).
Yes. I think it's more of a cultural issue. USians are much more aggressive and we need to work on that. Around here guns are definitely more for hunting than anything else. There seems to be a need for many different guns for hunting. But some people really get into firing guns.

Anyway there seem to be a lot of semi automatic weapons in the Middle East and they aren't shooting up schools,

That fellow in china stabbed 22 children. The difference is that none have died from their wounds. I'm sure it must have been awful for the children, but at least they are alive.

This rifle used in the killings as I understand it is a rifle classified as a hunting rifle.
Quote:
star, is it snowing there? It's cold and rainy here! hate the weather but will endure it because of the rain.
It was forecast it snow today but we had rain instead. Sort of a miserable day, but not freezing. In the 40s
Maybe we will get a little tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
I've seen a lot of comments on Facebook and elsewhere that they think the problem is that there isn't religion in schools anymore. NO. That is not it. There are less violent countries with even more agnostics than here.

I will be very disappointed if that's the only change people can think of. That American needs to get MORE religious of all things.
Hard to imagine it being more religious.

What gets to me is that everyone thinks that in the olden days school was so much more religious. But I went to school a long time ago and we didn't have religion in school. No prayers. Nothing. And we were a very small and religious community. Everyone went to church. And it was noted when someone skipped.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #279
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

We had dinner with Jr.'s BFF and his family. Tuseday was BFF's birthday and his mom and sis went to Target to buy him a birthday present. A guy in the store trying to be helpful, asked what they were looking for and suggested everything a teenager would love to have. All his suggestion ended up BFF already have. (He is the one with a new car before he has his driving permit) Finally, the guy said:"Would you adopt me?"
Old 12-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #280
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We had dinner with Jr.'s BFF and his family. Tuseday was BFF's birthday and his mom and sis went to Target to buy him a birthday present. A guy in the store trying to be helpful, asked what they were looking for and suggested everything a teenager would love to have. All his suggestion ended up BFF already have. (He is the one with a new car before he has his driving permit) Finally, the guy said:"Would you adopt me?"
who wouldnt want ti be adopted by them?

Good morning from rainy Coimbra.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #281
#freeviktor

Rainy in NJ too but I am off to attempt to shop

Old 12-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #282
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I attempted some eye liner on my upper lid. disaster.

I think I am just going to watch Breaking Bad.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #283
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You apply eye liners to the top of cooking utensils
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #284
country flag arm

google it
Old 12-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #285
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Good morning/afternoon/evening Everyone!

Finally, Bright Sunshine here! Well, there are a few clouds in the sky, but I forgive them. It was overcast when I got up this morning, so I'm delighted now.

Quote:
Cute story. Have they gotten another dog, or are they still grieving for the one who died?

Quote:

Clearly, you need to have someone apply it on your eyes so you can see how it is done. Are you using a pencil or liquid liner? I am never successful with liquid liner although others do a great job with it. Also I apply the liner under my lashes on the top lid. If I do it on top of the lashes, it looks garish. I also use a dark violet color because black is too severe for my coloring Brown is ok, but the violet gives a softer look. I don't think you can tell it is violet when it is applied.
Closed Thread