Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 172 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #2566
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Ohhhhhhh

That was a match either could have won. I think now Nole would win simply because of confidence.

This is the peak of Nole's career and all fans should enjoy it and revel in it. It lasts such a short time for a tennis player.

Lucky for Nole, Rafa, and Murray that the next crop of youngsters is sort of blah.

Talking about the generation right before Filip and Alex, of course.
It was really painful to me. The loss. Even a year after it I would almost tear up when thinking about it. But really the whole match + my marathon to the airport is quite a tale. Everyone laughs when I tell them the story.

Filip I have been a bad fan for almost two months. I need to redeem myself!
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #2567
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I went there for ONE DAY AND ONE DAY ONLY! Toasted under the sun and he lost to Ljubo

Looks like cramping to me. Took lots of energy to save all those BPs.

btw, thanks for the link!
Thanks.

Klizan looked good opening set tho. Probably has to work on fitness and controlling emotions.

Can't believe the commenters want him to retire.

Did you like the vid?
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #2568
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think travelling to tournaments is cheaper in Europe than in North America and the tickets are cheaper, right?
I don't know. How much would a day session for, let's say, R2 in IW cost? The cheapest ticket for Center Court?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #2569
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks.

Klizan looked good opening set tho. Probably has to work on fitness and controlling emotions.

Can't believe the commenters want him to retire.

Did you like the vid?
Klizan retired.

Yes, I watched the vid. Your Anna is not bad in jump rope.
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #2570
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I don't know. How much would a day session for, let's say, R2 in IW cost? The cheapest ticket for Center Court?
http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/Ticket...y-Tickets.aspx
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #2571
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Klizan retired.

Yes, I watched the vid. Your Anna is not bad in jump rope.
She messed up in the double dutch though.

Both girls are quite coordinated -- Julia is probably the more athletic one, but she devoted her talents to dance.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #2572
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think travelling to tournaments is cheaper in Europe than in North America and the tickets are cheaper, right?
Honestly, I know too little about the prices of travel and tickets in North America to make a good comparison. But say, when I went to Rotterdam in 2010:

Travel from Amsterdam-Rotterdam ( about 100 kilometres, so 60 miles more or less) was 15 euros (20 dollars)
The ticket for a seat on the 2nd ring was 45 euros, so 60 dollars.

EDIT: And I watched a SF match.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #2573
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

all the reserved seats in stadium 2 & 3 are gone. So as day session on first Saturday. It will be a zoo there the first weekend, star!

Raquel, you need to add accomodation which is not cheap and I don't think there's hostel in IW Plus, you need to drive there (aka paid parking) or stay in a hotel (pricey enough) with shuttle buses.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #2574
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
all the reserved seats in stadium 2 & 3 are gone. So as day session on first Saturday. It will be a zoo there the first weekend, star!

Raquel, you need to add accomodation which is not cheap and I don't think there's hostel in IW Plus, you need to drive there (aka paid parking) or stay in a hotel (pricey enough) with shuttle buses.
All of this is why we need to rent a house together.

Lee, I have extra tickets this time around if you need some. Courtside.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #2575
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Also Raquel did you know there is a movie about two women who are living on those sand dunes in Bahia Brazil? House of Sand Also it's in Portuguese with subtitles for English.

Last edited by star : 02-15-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #2576
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
All of this is why we need to rent a house together.

Lee, I have extra tickets this time around if you need some. Courtside.
You need to wait until I'm a empty nester Jr. has a doctor's appointment on March 12 and his spring break is the second week of IW. So the chance I make it this year is slim. Not zero but slim
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #2577
country flag arm

OK to make things easy I can tell you more or less how much I spend on a regular trip to Madrid:

Train: from Coimbra to Porto and Porto to Coimbra, it's 120kms, 11€ for each soo 22€ total
Flights: Porto-Madrid and back, I can normally book a 50€ flight return with Ryanair
Transportation in Madrid: from airport to hostel, hostel to tennis, etc... normally I spend like 15€ on subway (buy a 10 ticket package)
Tennis tickets: I normally buy day and night session tickets for R2 and R3, the cheapest seats available, normally pay in totalk something ike 110€
Accommodation: Cat's Hostel (I love this hostel), something like 15€ a night for the cheapest bed + breakfast, maybe a bit less, normally stay 4 nights, 5 tops, so something like 60€
Food: at the tennis center is very expensive, and they don't let you bring any food or drinks in. So I normally starve all day. this is sadly true. I mean, I don't starve, but I eat less than I normally do. I probably spend like 15€ a day for food (it helps when you're a girl, small and don't need to eat much).. so 60€

I always stay until friday or saturday, so that if i wish, I can buy a ticket for QF and have one more tennis day... but I won't count that.

So in total... something like 300€? Give it a margin of 50€... so 350€

But you have to understand that I don't do luxuries, or stuff that for my parents, Lee, star are normal and necessary. Like food, during these days is basics. eat as much as possible for breakfast at the hostel, , then a few sandwiches and ice creams during the day. And if I an sightseeing Madrid, then I may allow myself to eat junk, yet cheap, food like McDonalds, etc... also hostels, well I love them, but I am 22 years old.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #2578
country flag arm

Quote:
Also Raquel did you know there is a movie about two women who are living on those sand dunes in Bahia Brazil? House of Sand Also it's in Portuguese with subtitles for English.
We should watch it during the weekend! can we find it online?

Quote:
You need to wait until I'm a empty nester Jr. has a doctor's appointment on March 12 and his spring break is the second week of IW. So the chance I make it this year is slim. Not zero but slim
My tennis plays for clay reason are at the same stange too. Not zero chance, but about 0,5% chance.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #2579
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Good night ladies
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #2580
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Cat's Hostel!! is it full of cats ?
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread