Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 101 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #1501
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

I do like how Lincoln is not shown as some infallible guy. The interplay with the others is very interesting.

BOO! Being a lawyer IS interesting, JGL!
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #1502
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

I feel lost. It's not my are of expertise either
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #1503
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

This is pretty good, actually. I was expecting a Hollywood, glossy style film that would leave out the very heart of the politics and history, but it's done a good job to convince me otherwise, so far.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #1504
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I like how they are portraying his wife.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #1505
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Stevens is great.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #1506
country flag arm

my favorite moment so far "no! you're going to tell another story!"
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #1507
country flag Trollicki

Accidently turned off the film Gonna lose some minutes here
Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #1508
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

This will sound weird, but where are the black people?

The film is ultimately about Lincoln, and the end of slavery, but to have the film dominated by white people is not a good representation of what would actually have been the case.

That's really poor.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #1509
country flag arm

I am warming up to the.movie
Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #1510
country flag Trollicki

Well, they have chosen the political angle as the main one. And black politician weren´t a dime a dozen back then. Though you have a point.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #1511
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post

The film is ultimately about Lincoln, and the end of slavery, but to have the film dominated by white people is not a good representation of what would actually have been the case.

That's really poor.
Because this is the behind the scenes part no black people were involved ibm politics. That is their argument I guess!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #1512
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post

That's really poor.
What do you think is a good representation of what actually took place?
star is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #1513
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Well, they have chosen the political angle as the main one. And black politician weren´t a dime a dozen back then. Though you have a point.
There were no black representatives or senators or members of the government. Douglas was the most prominent black man of the time and he conferred in person with Lincoln only a few tines.

I take it that they aren't showing females in the congress either
star is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #1514
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
What do you think is a good representation of what actually took place?
The black people were not waiting passively for the white people to liberate them. That is a common misconception, that is sadly exemplified in this film.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #1515
country flag Trollicki

What´s more, the congress jumped in outrage at the mention of the theoretical possibility women get the vote. How much things have changed in the last century.
Closed Thread