I can be the best player ever: Tomic - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #196
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can be the best player ever: Tomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufiors View Post
gosh, his face is priceless after that shot from Fed . Go Tommy boy
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #197
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Not really about Tomic, but an interesting take on this new generation of players vs. the last one (Nole, Murray, Nadal) from Cahill and Evert.

Quote:
AO Conference call with Christ Evert and Darren Cahill

It's a very long article covering many male and female players but there's a paragraph about Nole's very famous press after his 2006 RG QF defeat by Rafa.

Q. Around the time when Nadal or Federer were winning everything, 2005, 2006, I think everyone saw Murray and Djokovic as strong, probably going to get to the top, the only thing holding them back were these two guys.* I don’t know if you would say that now about some of the guys younger than Murray and Djokovic.* What do you two think?* Is that next generation maybe a little bit behind where this generation was a few years ago or are they coming along okay?*

CHRIS EVERT:* I’ll just say briefly, because Darren knows a lot more about this than I do, I’ll say briefly I think this is the year, 2013, for these players to emerge.* I think we kind of saw hints of it last year.*
But especially this year, with Nadal not being 100%, Federer, like I said, as each year goes on, it’s going to be harder and harder for him to be mentally tough for every match.* I think this is the year that some new faces are going to pop up, and have to.* That’s always been the way it’s gone in tennis.*

DARREN CAHILL:* I agree with that.* You’re right, absolutely.* This generation of Murray and Djokovic, the one previous in 2005, 2006 that came up, were right there with these guys.*
I remember a little story actually with Andre.* Remember back at the French Open in 2006 when Djokovic got through the quarterfinals, played that match against Nadal.* He walked off the court after a couple sets because he was injured.* Obviously it was a big thing for the young kid to get through to the quarters.* In the after-match press conference he said he felt comfortable on the court against Nadal.* That caught the attention of Andre back in 2006.* I remember vividly the tournament right before Wimbledon, just before Andre announced it was going to be his last Wimbledon ever, and the US Open was going to be his last tournament, he played an exhibition against Djokovic.*
Andre said, The kid just played Nadal, right?* This is the kid that said he felt like he was the better player at the French, right?* I said, Yeah, this is the kid.* So walking out from the locker room onto the court, I remember walking next to these guys, and Andre peppered him with questions about his career.* This is an 18-, 19-year-old kid that came out and said he felt like he was a better player than Nadal on clay.* Obviously I’m paraphrasing him a little bit.*
Andre peppered him with questions about why he would make such a statement.* Novak wasn’t being cocky, he wasn’t being over the top.* He basically answered each question with, No, I just felt for this reason, if I could play my game off the backhand side, I have a big pocket.* I felt if I could push him back on the backhand side I would make this progress, my forehand down the line, I could make this progress.* He answered every one of Andre’s questions like a true pro.* That’s the intelligence and the thinking of that generation of player.*
Now, Murray was exactly the same.* You’re right, that generation of player is slightly ahead of the generation we see right now.* I think Nadal, Murray, because Nadal is only a year or two older than those guys, but Nadal, Murray and Novak was a unique circumstance for men’s tennis to get those three guys into the game.* But they are special tennis players that you rarely see.* We haven’t got those generation of players coming through.* We have some really good players.* But it might be the generation after that that comes through and pushes them.* But you are right, they are a level ahead of what we have at the moment.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #198
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

One thing is for sure, if Tomic gets to play Federer in the third round, we will actually watch a match, Tomic will put on a good performance, nothing like the sad spectacle we saw from Paire yesterday.

So unprofessional...

Obviously Roger would be the overwhelming favourite, but Tomic will get out there to fight and actually try to win, not goof around and behave like a clown until it's time to go and collect his check.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #199
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, let it go FFS. As if most players don't go out to gift matches to Djokovic .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #200
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic:
“What a match it is,” Tomic said. “I feel so confident. This is the perfect time to play him. I think, you know, I’ve got a good attitude to win. I’ve beaten a lot of good players over the last two weeks, especially Novak. I think I can do it.”

OK, Hopman Cup AKA known as Wimbledon . Nole down, you go Bernie.
then, we have 'this is the perfect time to play him (Fed)'. huh

"I think I can do it ... I'm ready. I mean, I'm not going to say I don't have the belief. I do have the belief now. It's possible. I showed that in Perth, that you can beat these players.

'these players', huh?

ME, ME, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE ... and I, and me, and me,me,me
watch this, the best show ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A
Old 01-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #201
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic owns the Djoker, those wins at Hopman Cup and Kooyong Exhibition have the Djoker terrified at the prospect of facing The Great One ever again.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 AM   #202
country flag Alex999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Tomic owns the Djoker, those wins at Hopman Cup and Kooyong Exhibition have the Djoker terrified at the prospect of facing The Great One ever again.
yup, both Novak and Fed are sh!tting their pants over Tomic. The National Enquirer said so .

seriously, I just wish that this kid would shut up and let his racquet do the job.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #203
country flag Xam'd

Xam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond repute

u guys are so dumb, I don't even... Yes, kid might be arrogant and some comments might be a bit much but if you don't believe in your chances why even bother to play? I don't think other attitudes but "I'm ready" should even be in consideration here, going court thinking u will lose is simply useless and wrong...
Xam'd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #204
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
yup, both Novak and Fed are sh!tting their pants over Tomic. The National Enquirer said so .

seriously, I just wish that this kid would shut up and let his racquet do the job.

Why are you bringing Fed into this?

It's just the truth Djokovic fears Bernie He has said many time he rates Tomic highly.

Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #205
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
he's like safin, except he's about half as talented
less than half

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #206
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

when i see the thread title i think of

Old 01-18-2013, 04:14 AM   #207
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

The best player? In what sport--hot tub fights with his boyfriend?
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #208
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

People are impatient.

The tennis emperor of the Universe (Alex99*tm) will emerge, you'll see.

People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #209
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

So much utter truth.
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #210
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

"I can be the best player ever: Tomic"

Fortunately, this generation sets huge goals in life and is enthusiastically disciplined in playing video games, texting, watching youtube, taking designer drugs, clubbing, driving around aimlessly. You can set your watch to all of those noble pursuits occurring on a regular basis every day. They humour themselves when they laugh at the previous generation that didn't have the internet or texting, and how it had to train and study the old fashioned way. This new generation makes full use of the information age and all of the latest advances in: sports medicine, training, equipment technology etc. Sadly, generation x is not as smart as them, being squares they have nothing to teach them.
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 04-25-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote