I can be the best player ever: Tomic - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can be the best player ever: Tomic

OK, can someone kill me right now, please?
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/ne...er-ever-tomic/

Bernard Tomic has brushed aside his reported axing from Australia’s Davis Cup side and claimed he can be the best tennis player of all time.

Tomic strongly denies he was dumped by Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter due to behavioral issues, saying he never made himself available.

"I was never meant to play that tie," Tomic said.

"I'm going to use that time to train to prepare for tournaments in America.

"I spoke to Pat and told him I would miss the first one and maybe the second one ... I was never meant to play, I told Pat that."

The world No.52 says he is getting his career back on track.

"I'm young and I'm learning. You get to a point where you need to stop and I think it's a good bit of advice," said Tomic.

"I'm working really hard and trying to push myself to become the best tennis player I can be.

"I've had a slippery slope the last year. It's changing me and I'll prove I'm going to be the best-ever player one day to play this game."

Tennis Australia director of tennis Craig Tiley was quoted on Thursday as saying Rafter won't consider Tomic for the tie against Taiwan while questioning the 20-year-old's commitment to representing his country.

Australia's most recent grand slam winner, Sam Stosur, believes it's time for Tomic to "knuckle down" if he's going to have any chance of fulfilling his enormous potential.

When asked what advice she would give the under-fire Tomic, Stosur said he must ask himself some tough questions if he's going to bounce back from a dismal end to the year when his ranking slid from No.27 in June to No.52.

"What are you doing? Are you wanting to play tennis?," Stosur queried in Sydney.

"If you are, then give it 100 per cent because you only get one crack at it.

"He's going to have to decide what he wants to do and how he's going to approach his career.

"Until that improves in a lot of people's eyes, he's going to have to deal with things like being dropped out of the Davis Cup team."

Stosur added it would be unfortunate to witness Tomic's undoubted talent go to waste.

"That's probably the most disappointing thing for a lot of people on the outside - that he's got this unbelievable tennis ability and he's not really using it at the moment," said the 28-year-old world No.9.

"So I think everyone would like to see him knuckle down and do his best and see where that gets him."

Tomic responded positively to the words of wisdom from the 2011 US Open champion, who is about to head into her 14th year on the WTA tour.

Tomic will get the chance to start proving the doubters wrong when he represents Australia at the Hopman Cup in Perth later this month.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can be the best player ever: Tomic

Oh boy I hope that's fake

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

he's like safin, except he's about half as talented
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god, he's becoming such a human comedy it's hurting my hatred of him

Matosevic, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Dolgopolov, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Gonzalez, Monaco, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #5
country flag Legendary Lopata
Banned!

Legendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond reputeLegendary Lopata has a reputation beyond repute

If people call such mug as Olderer as Best, why such a great talent as Tomic can't be consider as the Best?
Legendary Lopata is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #6
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Ajde B-Nard.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
OK, can someone kill me right now, please?
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/ne...er-ever-tomic/

Bernard Tomic has brushed aside his reported axing from Australia’s Davis Cup side and claimed he can be the best tennis player of all time.

Tomic strongly denies he was dumped by Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter due to behavioral issues, saying he never made himself available.

"I was never meant to play that tie," Tomic said.

"I'm going to use that time to train to prepare for tournaments in America.

"I spoke to Pat and told him I would miss the first one and maybe the second one ... I was never meant to play, I told Pat that."

The world No.52 says he is getting his career back on track.

"I'm young and I'm learning. You get to a point where you need to stop and I think it's a good bit of advice," said Tomic.

"I'm working really hard and trying to push myself to become the best tennis player I can be.

"I've had a slippery slope the last year. It's changing me and I'll prove I'm going to be the best-ever player one day to play this game."

Tennis Australia director of tennis Craig Tiley was quoted on Thursday as saying Rafter won't consider Tomic for the tie against Taiwan while questioning the 20-year-old's commitment to representing his country.

Australia's most recent grand slam winner, Sam Stosur, believes it's time for Tomic to "knuckle down" if he's going to have any chance of fulfilling his enormous potential.

When asked what advice she would give the under-fire Tomic, Stosur said he must ask himself some tough questions if he's going to bounce back from a dismal end to the year when his ranking slid from No.27 in June to No.52.

"What are you doing? Are you wanting to play tennis?," Stosur queried in Sydney.

"If you are, then give it 100 per cent because you only get one crack at it.

"He's going to have to decide what he wants to do and how he's going to approach his career.

"Until that improves in a lot of people's eyes, he's going to have to deal with things like being dropped out of the Davis Cup team."

Stosur added it would be unfortunate to witness Tomic's undoubted talent go to waste.

"That's probably the most disappointing thing for a lot of people on the outside - that he's got this unbelievable tennis ability and he's not really using it at the moment," said the 28-year-old world No.9.

"So I think everyone would like to see him knuckle down and do his best and see where that gets him."

Tomic responded positively to the words of wisdom from the 2011 US Open champion, who is about to head into her 14th year on the WTA tour.

Tomic will get the chance to start proving the doubters wrong when he represents Australia at the Hopman Cup in Perth later this month.
Stosur giving Tomic career advice

not to be a hater, but Tomic is infinitely more talented than her, even in contrast to the leagues they partake in. Bernard may be being unwise at the moment, but he's 19/20 years old, he's been developing fine and he will certainly have big success in his career as things go on

he's the most promising person in his generation and has loads of talent. if I were him I would just do it how he prefers, he's shown he's got the game, he'll fill the shoes at some point. Stosur of all people though, with her up and down play and flash in the pan moments of success is not really a great person to have lecture however

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
Oh my god, he's becoming such a human comedy it's hurting my hatred of him
You can say that again Maybe his strategy is to wait for another 6 to 10 years for everybody to retire, and then to sweep 4 slams a year between his 31 and 41
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #9
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Reaching the final of an ATP tournament would be a good start to his quest of becoming the best ever.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #10
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Would be kind of nice to see him start putting up results just to troll the pundits.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute

Who is this guy?
outrider is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #12
country flag Lestat

Lestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
half? you are being so kind with Tomic

This generation of players is so annoying, this one specially. He is still young and has time to develop, but please shut the fuck and win a crappy 250 title at least.

Quote:
Nickname according to Wiki: Bernie, Grand Slam Kid
Pusher Nation's Reign of Terror is coming to an end, their borders are conquered and we won't take any prisoners!
Get Ready King Mandy!

everytime Mandy wins, a little ballbasher kitty dies somewhere... Save kitties; support Ballbasher Nation
Lestat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #13
country flag nolop

nolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond reputenolop has a reputation beyond repute

Poor guy. He isn't even a bb to have SOME succes.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #14
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
And Safin was half as arrogant and stupid.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #15
country flag danieln1

danieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Laver is the best Australian

But he can surpass Hewitt for sure

Fabrice Santoro (legend), Novak Djokovic, all the brazilian guys, Del Potro, Zeballos, Rosol, Dodig, Darcis, Wawrinka, Dolgopolov, Ferrer
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote