Agassi, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic: How would you rank them on grass? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #106
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agassi, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic: How would you rank them on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
Ivanisevic
Agassi
Roddick
Murray
Djokovic
It's interesting to see a fan of Djokovic place him last.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #107
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agassi, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic: How would you rank them on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
it's a coin flip
nope, only nadal loosing due to this reason
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #108
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
do you get erection/high every time you say "Nadal"?
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #109
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulzhan View Post
do you get erection/high every time you say "Nadal"?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...ight=coin+toss
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #110
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I forgot that .............I miss Start the Game
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #111
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
You may have a point about Roddick. But Murray lost only once to Federer or Sampras in Wimbledon, which was this year.
I can understand your hesitance about Murray, but there are other factors to consider with him.

First, in comparing his stats at Wimbledon to Djokovic, they're not that far off:

Murray, since his breakthrough in '08, has made a QF, 3 semis, and a final. He lost to one of Federer, Nadal, or Roddick in each of those occasions, none of which constitute a bad loss.

Djokovic, since his breakthrough in '07, also has 3 semis and a QF to accompany a win and a second round loss. Outside of last year's win, he's fallen to Federer, Nadal, Berdych, Haas (I think??), and Safin in that time.

Djokovic's Wimbledon last year was a huge addition to what has otherwise been a curious grass resume. Tbh, outside of his performances at the end of last year's Wimbledon, he's never looked convincing on the stuff to me. Again, I believe it was more a product of his generally spectacular level last season. But even as he's established himself as the best player for the past two years, let's not forget that Federer and Murray, between Wimbledon and the Olympics (an invaluable yet neglected aspect of this conversation) firmly established themselves as the best two grass court players this year.

In short, Murray has about as many high notes at Wimbledon as Djokovic, even if the latter's highest note is distinctively higher. That's why Murray's loss to an inspired Federer is something to consider, and why their respective talents on grass is a strong point of discussion for some of us.

Quote:
Agassi lost easily to Sampras in 99', yes. But he took him to 5 sets in 93' being injured and coming back from two sets down IIRC.
That is correct. As I've mentioned, Agassi's early game was much better suited for grass than that of his late years, not unlike Roddick, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
This is (sadly) the truth.
And I say sadly because we all urgently need more grass tournaments.

But today, Wimbledon is the only grass-fact to consider.
If Halle and Queens were taken half as seriously as wimbledon, the first seeds would be always the winners.
How many years in a row did Fed win Halle? Like six? Meanwhile, Queen's has largely been hogged by guys like Mcenroe, Connors, Becker, Hewitt, Roddick, and Murray. Even still, to say that top seeds should win every time is to ignore the potential for upset on fast grass, made easier in a best of three format.

Quote:
I mean... This year Nadal lost to Kohly at Halle, and Murray lost to Mahut.

And then the wimb final was Federer - Murray, who lost to Mahut?
This proves what exactly?

Murray lost to Chardy in Cincinnati this year.

And then the US Open final was Murray over Djokovic. Who lost to Chardy?

Lol, upsets happen all the time in Masters series to every one of the big four. Perhaps the biggest difference between Masters and Queens/Halle is the division of labor between the latter tournaments. Meaning when Federer has his Canas/Volandri type losses at Halle, or Murray has his Young/Guillermo Garcia-Lopez type losses at Queen's, the other isn't there to capitalize on the draw as they would be in the uniformal Masters.

Last edited by BackhandDTL : 12-09-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: grammatical errors
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #112
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Also, I'm not ignoring Le Chuck's post, but it's incredibly lengthy and I have finals I'm supposed to be studying for, so I'll have to address it after Thursday.

Still, a quick LOL @ this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
The long-winded one is...
I literally stopped reading after this because every one of your post is some long, incomprehensible rant about the same nonsense.

For you to call anything long-winded is akin to...well, you calling anyone simple-minded. Wag your tail if you understand, boy. I won't hold my breath, though.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #113
country flag samanosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
I forgot that .............I miss Start the Game
that is one of the finest threads in MTF's history. Every new member instead of posting the welcome thread should go through this thread to be fully aware of risks which he is taking by logging in
Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #114
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that is one of the finest threads in MTF's history. Every new member instead of posting the welcome thread should go through this thread to be fully aware of risks which he is taking by logging in
true that.........I honestly thought he was fucking around for the first 3 pages until I saw he was serious
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #115
country flag samanosuke

sdg joking , it's like nadal honesting
Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #116
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
His return is not as poor, his return is better than the likes of Tsonga and Raonic. He knows how to just put it back in play even in his earlier days. Many experts have said that he would have benefited more than anyone on a faster grass surface and could have won more slams if Wimbledon was faster. ANd Rodick peak when he is attacking is top 10 or even top 10 material, sadly his passiveness is what made his destruction.
My point still stands. I've already explained why his poor return wouldn't hold up. Just because it's better than Tsonga or Raonic's doesn't explain how it would work in the scenarios mentioned.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #117
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
These long-winded posts that say "Goran was sloppy compared to Roddick. Roddick broke Federer's serve! He was quick at net and would be good on 90s fast grass and Roddick lost weight in 2004" are fantastically illogical. The news coverage (if the MTF commenter had any knowledge of it at all) has proven that Roddick only lost weight for a long period of time in 2008.
Stefanki was surprised that he was so slow and that no one told Roddick he needed to lose weight. By '09, it was years too late to win a Slam anywhere.
Jimmy Connors told Tennis Channel "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". Some good tournaments in 12 years do not make a fabulous career. Federer's grass career isn't the greatest even if you tout Roddick's injury-riddled career as an impressive one. Nadal & Djokovic wouldn't be
losing the 2004 Wimbledon if they had played Federer.
Roddick couldn't last 4 sets despite having a set & 4-2 lead & then more coaching during rain delays.
His grass draws were easy; that's why he beat the slow servers. Beginning in 2007, when Federer and Roddick faced the better all-surface players, they couldn't dominate the grass matches even when they won the title.
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 AM   #118
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Heya

Anyways 1. Nole

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #119
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalwareDie View Post
It's interesting to see a fan of Djokovic place him last.
Why?IMO the others are better on grass than himHis incredible run gave him such a boost and determination to win Wimbledon in 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App