Challenge: Predict the Top 8 of 2013 [final standings] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #46
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Challenge: Predict the Top 8 of 2013 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I don't think it's so much about consistency, it's rather about being "better".

But Nadal's peak was reached in 2008 and he has physically declined since then, Murray's peak was reached last year and nothing says that he has reached his final peak yet imo as he rather improved in last years and has a lot of weapons in his arsenal and typically those players need time to find how to fully use them well in the end.

Anyway, I understand these arguments but I think Murray is very underrated in this forum, and Djokovic, who imo played his best tennis last year in the end (from Beijing) and the very-beginning of the year (in Australia), had incredibly tough matches against Murray in those "at his best" period last year.
Murray is dangerous enough in the semis or finals, however between Djokovic, Nadal and Murray to have an early, i.e. "shock" exit from a masters, it's been usually Murray so far.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #47
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Murray is dangerous enough in the semis or finals, however between Djokovic, Nadal and Murray to have an early, i.e. "shock" exit from a masters, it's been usually Murray so far.
I could agree with that, but he has improved a lot on that : apart from a loss to Ferrer in Roland-Garros quarterfinal (and personally I have Ferrer on very high esteem on clay and still think that Ferrer being 3-1 against Djokovic on clay is no coincidence), he has not lost before semifinal in slams in 2011 and 2012, and that's a big result.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #48
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I could agree with that, but he has improved a lot on that : apart from a loss to Ferrer in Roland-Garros quarterfinal (and personally I have Ferrer on very high esteem on clay and still think that Ferrer being 3-1 against Djokovic on clay is no coincidence), he has not lost before semifinal in slams in 2011 and 2012.
Yea, but you can't be #1 just on slams performance, not even #2 unless he wins at least three of them. Nadal missed the entire second part of the season and Murray passed him little over 1k.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #49
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Yea, but you can't be #1 just on slams performance, not even #2 unless he wins at least three of them. Nadal missed the entire second part of the season and Murray passed him little over 1k.
yes yes I already talked about that, Murray first was a Masters-1000 king then focused on slams because it got very obsessing that he hadn't won one : now he's won one but clearly needs both to reach his next goal which is clearly the number 1, but why would it be impossible ?

Of course I still think that Djokovic is the huge favorite for number 1 next year, but Murray is surely a contender whom Djokovic highly considers, he praised a lot the level of their last matches by the way.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #50
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Visa View Post
What makes so many people think Nadal does so well? He's gonna be kinda rusty given he didn't play for 6 months....
Rusty but also fresh and motivated.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #51
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic: Wins 1 or 2 slams, titles on all surfaces.
Murray: Wins 1 slam, titles on all surfaces but clay.
Federer: Maybe wins 1 slam, titles on all surfaces.
Nadal: Maybe wins 1 slam, titles just on clay.
Del Potro: Maybe reaches a slam final.
Berdych: Maybe reaches a slam final.
Ferrer: Year not as good as 2012.
Tsonga: Similar to 2012, perhaps.

Last edited by Roy Emerson : 12-07-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #52
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Federer
4. Murray
5. Ferrer
6. Berdych
7. Del Potro
8. Tsonga

Very boring, safe prediction, sorry

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #53
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Nadal
5. Del Potro
6. Tsonga
7. Berdych
8. Ferrer

Murray won't make number 1 because he won't win enough Masters.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #54
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Nadal
5. Ferrer
6. Del Potro
7. Berdych
8. Tsonga
Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #55
country flag Dr. Albans

Dr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Albans has a reputation beyond repute

1. Nadull
2. Djokovic
3. Federer
4. Murray
5. Del Potro
6. Ferrer
7. Verdasco
8. Berdych
Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #56
country flag ZackBusner

ZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond repute

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Del Potro
4. Nadal
5. Federer
6. Raonic
7. Tsonga
8. Ferrer
ZackBusner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #57
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond repute

1. Nadal
2. Djokovic
3. Federer
4. Murray
5. Ferrer
6. Del Potro
7. Tsonga
8. Berdych
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #58
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Federer
4. Murray
5. Ferrer
6. Berdych
7. Del Potro
8. Tsonga

Very boring, safe prediction, sorry
delpo won't be 7 lol
Old 12-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #59
country flag GrimbleGromble

GrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbleGromble has a reputation beyond repute

Murray
Djokovic
Berdych
Nadal
Federer
Raonic
Tsonga
Cilic
GrimbleGromble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #60
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute

1. MUrray
2. Djokovic
3. No?dal
4. Bencherer
5. Delpoptro
6. Berdick
7. Ferrer
8. Tsonga
se7en is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote