Architect designer of Brasilia dies at the age of 104 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Architect designer of Brasilia dies at the age of 104

Oscar Niemeyer died today at 104 years of age.RIP
He was the architect responsible for the futuristic design of Brazils Capital. Brasilia.

The curiosity is that he used a lot of curves to create very interesting buldings.

Here are some images

Sketches:

National Congress of Brazil

Cathedral of Brasilia

Contemporany Art Museum at Rio

A Church in BH

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 12-05-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Architect designer of Brasilia dies at the age of 104

RIP Oscar. One of the biggest influences in the world of architecture. He will be sorely missed.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

RIP. I'll ask my mom if she knows him.

Interesting designs. Not my style but very interesting. I actually quite like the Congress one.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Now please compare his work to this:

This:

Or this:

The building of the French Communist Party is also Niemeyer's. Of course, it's ugly as hell:

The UN Building in New-York is a partnership between Niemeyer and the infamous Le Corbusier, on a land purchased by the Rockefeller's.

If that's beautiful, I might be turned into a pink elephant.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote