Roger wins Swiss Sports Award 2012 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Roger wins Swiss Sports Award 2012

Roger directly flew from Colombia to Switzerland to attend the Swiss Sports Award 2012.

Some pictures and screenshots:

Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger wins Swiss Sports Award 2012

Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

1. Roger Federer 43,90%
2. Dario Cologna 20.33%
3. Steve Guerdat 15.37%
4. Didier Cuche 10.93%
5. Nino Schurter 9.47%
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Spirig (who won gold medal in triathlon) ofc won the womens award.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Roger won for the first time since 2007 and equalized the record of Vreni Schneider who was named Swiss Sports Athlete of the Year for 5 times as well.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Roger was so emotional when he saw the standing ovation from the audience.
You could really see how much this award means to him
Old 12-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
country flag niff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Roger won for the first time since 2007 and equalized the record of Vreni Schneider who was named Swiss Sports Athlete of the Year for 5 times as well.
Tying with skiing in Switzerland
Old 12-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Legendary stuff. Another great achievement for our champ!

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #10
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Roger said in his victory speech that there is nothing better as to get Standing Ovations in Switzerland.
He congratulates the other athletes who would have deserved the title as well and an applause.
He said that it was an incredible year with Wimbledon and getting back to #1.
He hoped for Gold at the Olympics but got Silver and is very proud about this.
He thanked the team who made it possible to travel the whole year and said that there would be a lot of logistic especially now with the family.
He thanked the team then again and also everyone who voted for him and support him through the whole year.
He said that he hopes to continue to show good tennis and cause emotions and that he hopes that he will be able to do this for a long time.
He is happy that he can be at the event again and apologizes for not being there in the past. It was one of the victims he has to make.
He hopes for a great evening for everyone.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Winning for the first time in 5 years must be awesome for Roger . Well deserved winner.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #12
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling slightly better about the BBC Sports Personality ignoring him now. ProdigyEng, were you watching? Did they really not even credit his winning his 17th GS? I thought all the other GS winners got named.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #13
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

yayyyyyyyyyyyy!
Bravo Rog! Well deserved.
I am so proud of you.

Doris, thanks for the fab pics & translation!

Damn.
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute