Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #61
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I like the decorations and atmosphere of it but I can't stand the presents part.

Holding a piece of shit without saying it's shit takes some effort. There aren't many things mortals can give to Slade that Slade desires.

Also giving someone a gift and getting an easy read on them that they don't like it makes me think it's a waste of time buying them the gift in the first place. Obviously it's not because people appreciate the intent but still...
Truth be told mate. Truth be fucking told.

I still have a Peter Griffin figurine still in it's packaging from 2 years ago, and it's sitting in my computer desk cabinet. Not that it's a totally shit present... but c'mon.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #62
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I like the decorations and atmosphere of it but I can't stand the presents part.

Holding a piece of shit without saying it's shit takes some effort. There aren't many things mortals can give to Slade that Slade desires.

Also giving someone a gift and getting an easy read on them that they don't like it makes me think it's a waste of time buying them the gift in the first place. Obviously it's not because people appreciate the intent but still...
I'm lucky that my family has no sentimental notions about "gift wrap" and "boxes" and that it has to be an actual item: they are happy to give cash as a present -- and I'm happy to get it

Sometimes I'm boggled by the presents some of my long-time friends give. Like, they've known me for over 10 years; how can they be so clueless? But I do appreciate the thought anyway.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #63
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
I'd be pissed off as well if I had to buy and exchange expensive presents every year and sing about that Coca Cola pedo with a beard. Luckily, Serbian Christmas is different.

My thoughts exactly. Already the tree is not Christian. It was brought to my country by the Germans after WWI. I don't like celebrating the way it exists in my country today.

So the OP is a Jew? How surprisinbg he's trivializing racism then? (For those who read Douglas Reed)

Greg Lake's is still the best Christmas song, denouncing all the commercialization of the event, reminding us it's only a celebration of Jesus' birth, which means, not in the snow but ...

Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #64
country flag Collective

Collective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't the case until I moved to the US of A. Just 10 minutes of stupid songs on December 1 in a mall made me want to kill myself. But nowhere to go, every store, cafe, coworker's car and office building in town has the stupid songs for the whole damn month. Awful.

-Scott Adams-
Collective is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #65
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post

I still have a Peter Griffin figurine still in it's packaging from 2 years ago, and it's sitting in my computer desk cabinet. Not that it's a totally shit present... but c'mon.
Haven't you heard of ''regifting.'' Just make sure you remember who gave it to you.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #66
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Random question, but is anyone still arsed to make the Christmas Tree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Haven't you heard of ''regifting.'' Just make sure you remember who gave it to you.
I doubt anyone would want it
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #67
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I doubt anyone would want it
As with a lot of holiday innovations, ''regifting'' originated on a Seinfeld episode.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #68
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Random question, but is anyone still arsed to make the Christmas Tree?
I have a really cute little fake tree -- barely 2 feet tall. I have a small apartment and not really interested in much bigger. It's predecorated, too. But it's a nice fake tree, not those cheesy ones. Good you reminded me to bring it out. I'll try to take a pic.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #69
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I have a really cute little fake tree -- barely 2 feet tall. I have a small apartment and not really interested in much bigger. It's predecorated, too. But it's a nice fake tree, not those cheesy ones. Good you reminded me to bring it out. I'll try to take a pic.
We also have a fake tree (at my parents’ house, not college) that is about 5 feet tall, but really ugly and full of gaps. We decorate the tree with random ornaments we collected when me and my sister were younger- such as paper snowflakes made of candy wrappers, pinecones, squeaky plastic ducks, and fake moustaches. We had a star that we would place on top, but it was too heavy for the tree, so we put a teddy bear instead. :happy:
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #70
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
2 feet tall? Pre-decorated?! Where's the Christmas spirit in that!!? I suppose everyone's CBF at making a proper one (although my tree is fake as well). But I did mine yesterday. Been doing it by myself these last 4-5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
As with a lot of holiday innovations, ''regifting'' originated on a Seinfeld episode.
I know, but I'm being serious. No one will actually want it.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 12-07-2012, 01:31 AM   #71
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think my parents are going to set up a tree this year because I left home and they'd be too lazy/tired to do it.

Federer will win another grand slam.
Cilic is not a one slam wonder.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #72
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Quote:
2 feet tall? Pre-decorated?! Where's the Christmas spirit in that!!? I suppose everyone's CBF at making a proper one (although my tree is fake as well). But I did mine yesterday. Been doing it by myself these last 4-5 years
what's CBF?

Look my place is small, I got nowhere to put a big tree.

I know there are environmental arguments for and against fake trees, but I think it's a waste to cut down a tree that you'll use as a decoration for a month and then it's just thrown out. You can't even make anything with it like furniture.

If 1,000 people use the same fake tree for 10 years, that's 10,000 trees saved.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #73
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

okay here it is. Lighting is a bit weird in my place or this iPod camera is not to good.

I think it's cute
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #74
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Not Christmas itself, but the craziness on the roads and in stores pretty much for almost 2 months before does get on my nerves.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #75
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
okay here it is. Lighting is a bit weird in my place or this iPod camera is not to good.

I think it's cute
It's actually pretty cute.