Johnny Mac: Fed, Djokovic should let emotions out - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #46
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Mac: Fed, Djokovic should let emotions out

There might be a good point here. It often seems that the chumminess between the top guys takes an edge of the competition. The year's most fun match was Rosol over Rafa where there was bitter contention. At times I miss Connors who personally despised whoever was on the other side of the net. All this love and respect gets a bit old.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #47
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiznot View Post
There might be a good point here. It often seems that the chumminess between the top guys takes an edge of the competition. The year's most fun match was Rosol over Rafa where there was bitter contention. At times I miss Connors who personally despised whoever was on the other side of the net. All this love and respect gets a bit old.
I agree, and that's why the most compelling rivalry is Djokovic/Federer. Not only for the quality of their matches, they bring out the best in each other, but also because it's quite clear that they have never liked each other. There are fireworks every time they play. Great stuff...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #48
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
McEnroe misses his own brief time when any media outlet gave a damn about him. He admits that Federer wasn't really number 1 this year, so he felt a desperate need to promote Fed to the intelligent audience that still doesn't quite buy Fed as a quiet, gentle-natured sweetheart (in reality, Fed's his fellow badmouthing asshole hero). It's BS written all over the place when he believes Djoker shows no emotion. Not every champion should be stereotyped like Mr. Peachy, Polished Federer just because imagination-deficient McEnroe's bitter about his regretful career, which was full of bad tantrums.
McEnroe will always be bitter at how he tanked his career. In 1984 he had the best year ever and was unbeatable in singles and doubles before he married an actress and started smoking pot and doing coke. As soon as McEnroe got into drugs the lightning reflexes disappeared and he flinched at the net every time Lendl cranked a forehand at him.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #49
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Fish had health problems. Roddick couldn't move. Both confessed that they didn't take care of themselves. In the charity event for courageous Tsunami survivors, crybaby Roddick moaned "I'm sick of Federer"; no one begged Roddick to make millions of dollars from sponsors back in 2001. McEnroe also played in that charity event; why didn't these "loud" US flag wavers donate their millions?
Donate millions? Is she high again
jeezuz, she trying to be a saint here after all
the trolling and hatred she spews
I say get off the coke granma
get over the disappoinment
of the failure
that you boyfriend Rodduck was
you give him a chance make up you two, you know you're crazy bout him
se7en is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #50
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I agree, and that's why the most compelling rivalry is Djokovic/Federer. Not only for the quality of their matches, they bring out the best in each other, but also because it's quite clear that they have never liked each other. There are fireworks every time they play. Great stuff...
mostly in your head from your personal history and what you heard about them (quite a lot of other Djokofans, esp. Serbian ones, also feel like that apparently), not so much from what we see now and from what others like me may feel : I don't ignore their early personal opposition more than you, but when I see them playing now, I mostly see a tennis opposition, nothing else.

Others have something else in their mind and are more excited and feel a more personal opposition when Fed and Nadal face each other, it's still the most appealing opposition for most fans.

And some Murray-fans like Muzzalovah and others who were touched by some Fed's words surely feel a lot of tension when Murray faces Fed, some others it's against Nadal the nemesis or Djokovic the generation opponent ...

it's mostly a matter of what a fan has in mind.

Personally I feel most tension when Fed faces Nadal, for you it's when Djokovic faces Fed (and when Fed loses to Djokovic, I feel no tension at all, seriously it's the least disappointing losses for me ), for others like Murrayfans it's something else ...

Last edited by duong : 12-06-2012 at 10:43 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #51
country flag fluffyyelloballz

fluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond repute

Fed has done pretty well with his keeping emotions under control thing. Better than McEnore did anyway with his let it all hang out thing.
As for Novak, he is also doing pretty well.
Why does McEnroe think they should be more like him and less like themselves?

http://www.thetennisreview.com/roger...r-and-against/
Federer, the US Open 2014 and Slam No.18- The Case For and Against
fluffyyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #52
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyyelloballz View Post
Fed has done pretty well with his keeping emotions under control thing. Better than McEnore did anyway with his let it all hang out thing.
As for Novak, he is also doing pretty well.
Why does McEnroe think they should be more like him and less like themselves?
McEnroe doesn't say that they would play better tennis (only says it might be better for them to avoid ulcers later ), from what I understand he mostly means for spectators.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #53
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis is a game mostly played by gentlemen not by thugs, so it come as no surprise that two of the most popular are as well-behaved as they can be.
se7en is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote