Ask the board Thread - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #76
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask the board Thread

Question: I am playing now a couple of tournaments where there are few matches on Monday. In the past the Tuesday OOP was split up and singles round 2 was finished on Tuesday. The same with doubles round 1. Now the tournaments I played put the whole Tuesday OOP as Round 1 for singles. Is there a rule for which days count for which round? And if not, shouldn't we create a rule?

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #77
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Question: I am playing now a couple of tournaments where there are few matches on Monday. In the past the Tuesday OOP was split up and singles round 2 was finished on Tuesday. The same with doubles round 1. Now the tournaments I played put the whole Tuesday OOP as Round 1 for singles. Is there a rule for which days count for which round? And if not, shouldn't we create a rule?
We did have a player vote on the standard minimum of TT Matches of 1R's in the TT Changes thread with regards to the amount of matches in an OOP, this was the outcome :-

OOP

12) Standard minimum of TT matches in first rounds (4, 5, 6, 7, no restrictions?)
Manager's choice (No change)

13) Standardizing the OOP:
No - Manager's choice (Current Rule)
Yes - The order should be decided by the number of differences of each match: more diffs -> higher in the SR order?
Yes - The order should be decided by the order of the matches in the official OOP: left to right or top to bottom?
Manager's choice (No change)

Last edited by AdeyC : 02-19-2013 at 10:29 PM.
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #78
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

My question is actually on the maximum number of matches for round 1!

As i would say doubles should have a first round over 2 days, not 3!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Last edited by rvugt : 02-20-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #79
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

You should purpose it during off-season, now it's up to manager

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 128 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 71 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #80
country flag Nikigreat

Nikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if this is the right thread, but can I know my singles and doubles best ranking?

TT Doubles: 297 (Best 131)
W: '07 Bĺstad (with Albop) - F: '09 Cremona (with Spadea TT), '08 Como (with stealthisnick) - SF: '09 Tunis (with orangehat), '09 Mexico City (with InzainSoulja), '08 Fürth (with Tennis-Engineer)

PAW Ranking: 93 (Best: 70)
PAW Titles: Stuttgart 2009, Sao Paulo 2013

Murray-|-Nalbandian-|-Del Potro-|-Dolgopolov-|-Nishikori-|-Melzer-|-Chardy-|-Paire-|-Tomic-|-Fognini-|-Dimitrov-|-
Nikigreat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #81
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikigreat View Post
Don't know if this is the right thread, but can I know my singles and doubles best ranking?

Gavnich77 will be able to answer that one as he deals with the rankings. If it's for the purpose of a PR enquiry, it'd be best to ask in the PR thread or to PM him.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #82
country flag Nikigreat

Nikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond reputeNikigreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Gavnich77 will be able to answer that one as he deals with the rankings. If it's for the purpose of a PR enquiry, it'd be best to ask in the PR thread or to PM him.
?
Are you telling me that now that I'm back after some year to play I can play with my best ranking as protected ranking?

TT Doubles: 297 (Best 131)
W: '07 Bĺstad (with Albop) - F: '09 Cremona (with Spadea TT), '08 Como (with stealthisnick) - SF: '09 Tunis (with orangehat), '09 Mexico City (with InzainSoulja), '08 Fürth (with Tennis-Engineer)

PAW Ranking: 93 (Best: 70)
PAW Titles: Stuttgart 2009, Sao Paulo 2013

Murray-|-Nalbandian-|-Del Potro-|-Dolgopolov-|-Nishikori-|-Melzer-|-Chardy-|-Paire-|-Tomic-|-Fognini-|-Dimitrov-|-
Nikigreat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #83
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikigreat View Post
?
Are you telling me that now that I'm back after some year to play I can play with my best ranking as protected ranking?
I'm saying it's possible depending on how long you've been away, etc. Look at the PR Thread :-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=163466
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #84
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
You should purpose it during off-season, now it's up to manager
I think this is rather strange. To my knowledge, it was never done before that first round doubles was spread over 3 days. How could I have proposed this during the off-season? And are we really letting something that comes up now, stay that way until the off-season. What kind of bad democracy are we than?

Just an example. I will manage and I will put 3 days of doubles first round. Than 2 days of doubles QF. Than I have only 3 matches left for the SF and F. So if this happens in a tournament, you would say the manager has the right to do that? Just saying that I think the manager never had the right to change the schedule. For sure, he could add some matches of day 2 to the first round in singles, but doubles should be ended by Tuesday. If I am correct, that was also the schedule put on the first page of the tournaments I played. This is a sort of official schedule which managers should handle. But if I am the only one thinking this way I will leave it here.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #85
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
I think this is rather strange. To my knowledge, it was never done before that first round doubles was spread over 3 days. How could I have proposed this during the off-season? And are we really letting something that comes up now, stay that way until the off-season. What kind of bad democracy are we than?

Just an example. I will manage and I will put 3 days of doubles first round. Than 2 days of doubles QF. Than I have only 3 matches left for the SF and F. So if this happens in a tournament, you would say the manager has the right to do that? Just saying that I think the manager never had the right to change the schedule. For sure, he could add some matches of day 2 to the first round in singles, but doubles should be ended by Tuesday. If I am correct, that was also the schedule put on the first page of the tournaments I played. This is a sort of official schedule which managers should handle. But if I am the only one thinking this way I will leave it here.
Of course you can't change the schedule that way, but Memphis' case is different. 1st round ends on Tuesday in many tournaments, so TT doubles first round is often played with 16 matches (20 if the 4 qualifying matches are played on Monday). Then the eight 2nd round matches are used for the QF matches. It's pretty much what was done in Memphis, the only difference was that the first round ended on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. 16 matches counted for TT R1 and 8 matches for TT QF, just like Brisbane 2013 for example.

Last edited by keqtqiadv : 02-20-2013 at 11:24 PM.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #86
country flag traddles

traddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond repute

tal20 first commited to Santiago CH. Then he commited to IW, too. A few days later he withdrew from IW. Since Santiago was his first commitment, it remains as a regular commitment, not a Late Entry, am I right?

Novak Djokovic *** Gael Monfils *** Kei Nishikori *** Andy Murray

TT: London - Special Olympic Games - Doubles Gold Medal (w/ justafanYYC)
traddles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #87
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

It should be LE

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 128 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 71 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #88
country flag traddles

traddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little bit confused:

What happens if a player commits to two different tournaments in the same week?

If the player commited first in a tournament and then commited in another one, the first one prevails. The player must withdraw from the tournament they've previously entered before being accepted in the entry list of the other tournament (as a late entry). If the double commitment is not noticed by the managers, points gained by a player who commits to tournaments in the same week will be disconsidered. If the infraction is noticed before the tournaments start, only the first commitment is valid and no punishment is applied.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #89
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I think you are right. I think you should be in in the first tournament, as soon as you withdraw from the one you commited second. Why would you be LE for the tournament you committed in time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traddles View Post
I'm a little bit confused:

What happens if a player commits to two different tournaments in the same week?

If the player commited first in a tournament and then commited in another one, the first one prevails. The player must withdraw from the tournament they've previously entered before being accepted in the entry list of the other tournament (as a late entry). If the double commitment is not noticed by the managers, points gained by a player who commits to tournaments in the same week will be disconsidered. If the infraction is noticed before the tournaments start, only the first commitment is valid and no punishment is applied.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #90
country flag traddles

It seems doctorlopes, who is in MD in Salinas is banned. I already made the Draws. What should I do in this situation?