Ask the board Thread - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #601
country flag supertom

supertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
Shouldnot sheva and bry17may gat 1 point for correct order of sets - 1 set, actually Federer won the second set.

(Not that it matters, just asking.
Changed it but doesn't change too much. Thanks for pointing it.
TT doubles: - Rank 94 (+175 in 2013)
Titles: CH Buenos-Aires'12, Fut Poitiers'13 , CH Caltanisseta'13, ATP Bogota (with Fickelgruber)
PAW: Rank 36 (Race: 19)
FITD: W Kuala Lumpur'12, Dusseldorf'13, 2nd Sydney'13
DTT: W Doubles (w. goOudinUSA)

Allez les Frenchies (Tsonga/Monfils/Gasquet/Simon/Paire/De Scheeper/Pouille/Bourgue)
supertom is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #602
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Hi guys, been away from the game for awhile but glad to be back in 2014. I'm playing in the 2B Futures this week and I felt like it was a bit unnecessary to play all 32 matches, especially when so many players are guys who nobody has heard about. Most everyone just guessed at them which is how TT shouldn't be played. I know futures aren't played much but maybe we can look in to a way to limit the OOP when it is too excessively large, especially in a qualifying draw for a low-level TT challenger. Thanks
This is one of the topics that was discussed in the End Of Year Changes thread - it was voted that it would remain as the choice of the individual manager.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #603
country flag CoolyBri

CoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond repute

I have one question regarding replacing LLs in doubles.

In Plantation I have 4 teams with 0 or 1 player sending.

These teams are the opponents of the seeds 1, 2, 3 and the third seed itself.
I have one LL team.

I think I'd have to put that LL team in the spot of the opponent of the third seed. One player of that team sent.
Do I have to reshuffle the draw (as it is no "bye" with one player sending and a 2-day-round)?
And would that mean that the 4th seed to get that "bye" plays against the 3rd seed in the first round?

Here's the draw, the teams with missing picks are marked red (Luís Santos/meninosantos is the only team with both players not sending).

00:00 | (1) RHB1993/buji (GER/IND) - tal20/Dangermouse (ISR/GBR)
00:00 | juddy96/ajde! (CAN/SRB) - Limitless/Prakharulz (ROU/IND)
00:00 | Sham Kay/Chris. (GBR/AUS) - (Q) Marksman/a1canada (GBR/CAN)
00:00 | cswab22/Soliloque (USA/FRA) - (4) Ekin/randy72391 (CHN/USA)

00:00 | (3) jpaulo1610/brimoz (BRA) - chowdahead25/Matt121 (USA/XXX)
00:00 | starluk/Normand (CHN/XXX) - (Q) Ozone/piloudethuin01 (USA/BEL)
00:00 | rafagami/mota2803 (BRA) - nicksimioni/Milton (SWE/BRA)
00:00 | meninosantos/Luís Santos (POR) - (2) tealeaves/goOudinUSA (SUI/USA)

Last edited by CoolyBri : 01-06-2014 at 04:22 PM.
CoolyBri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #604
country flag MathMul

MathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond reputeMathMul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolyBri View Post
I have one question regarding replacing LLs in doubles.

In Plantation I have 4 teams with 0 or 1 player sending.

These teams are the opponents of the seeds 1, 2, 3 and the third seed itself.
I have one LL team.

I think I'd have to put that LL team in the spot of the opponent of the third seed. One player of that team sent.
Do I have to reshuffle the draw (as it is no "bye" with one player sending and a 2-day-round)?
And would that mean that the 4th seed to get that "bye" plays against the 3rd seed in the first round?

Here's the draw, the teams with missing picks are marked red (Luís Santos/meninosantos is the only team with both players not sending).

00:00 | (1) RHB1993/buji (GER/IND) - tal20/Dangermouse (ISR/GBR)
00:00 | cswab22/Soliloque (USA/FRA) - (4) Ekin/randy72391 (CHN/USA)

00:00 | (3) jpaulo1610/brimoz (BRA) - chowdahead25/Matt121 (USA/XXX)
00:00 | meninosantos/Luís Santos (POR) - (2) tealeaves/goOudinUSA (SUI/USA)
Considering this: http://s107.photobucket.com/user/keq...-Alt4.png.html
and this (rule 3.1.8): http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...50&postcount=4
I think you have to replace chowdahead25/Matt121 with the LL and then reshuffle the draw as follows:
LL/ALT can not play against a team that did not send, so swap cswab22/Soliloque with jpaulo1610/brimoz, as opponents of #1 and #2 seeds did not send either. #4 seed then get the bye (that means remove jpaulo1610/brimoz from the draw). tal20/Dangermouse and meninosantos/Luís Santos remain will also become a bye and get therefore removed from the draw.
Bottom line: #1, #2 and #4 seed have a bye, #3 seed gets removed and ALT plays the opponent of #4 seed.
However, as always, I'm not 100% sure.

Would look like that now:

00:00 | (1) RHB1993/buji (GER/IND) - bye
00:00 | bye - (4) Ekin/randy72391 (CHN/USA)

00:00 | cswab22/Soliloque (USA/FRA) - LL
00:00 | bye - (2) tealeaves/goOudinUSA (SUI/USA)
Ranking current/high: 41/40

TT Doubles 2012: W: Shanghai CH /w FernandoToshiba; Lermontov CH, Charlottesville CH /w Freak3yman84
TT Doubles 2013: W: Bastad, Bol Fut /w Freak3yman84; F: Kitzbühel, Kasan CH /w Freak3yman84
TT Doubles 2014: F: Memphis, Schwieberdingen Fut /w Freak3yman84; SF: Indian Wells, Gstaad /w Freak3yman84, Cincinnati /w Goldenoldie
Ranking current/high: 78/66

Last edited by MathMul : 01-06-2014 at 07:20 PM.
MathMul is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #605
country flag jahrastaman_BR

jahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond repute

we have 2014 tt rankings ??? can't find it. thks
jahrastaman_BR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #606
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahrastaman_BR View Post
When Gavnich is ready he will post them

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 125 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 65 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #607
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahrastaman_BR View Post
I think today they'll be published, he's working on it.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #608
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkulpus View Post
When Gavnich is ready he will post them
He's done them now - I've stickied the threads.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #609
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

I have an issue in the AO, Can a player pull out of doubles and change of partner like one hour before the deadline?

ST----(7/5)----Winner: Roland Garros 2013, Eastbourne 2013, US Open 2013, Beijing 2013
FITD-(59/53)---
PAW---(7/7) ---Winner: Wimbledon 2013 Indian Wells 2014
TT---(94/88)---Winner: Gstaad 2013, Acapulco 2014; Finalist: Savannah 2013, Noumea 2013
TTD--(147/136)-Winner: Mexico City 2013; Finalist: Marburg 2013, Este 2013, Petange 2013
DTT--(10)------Finalist: Indian Wells 2013, Beijing 2013, Shanghai 2013
DTTD-(13)------Finalist: Wimbledon 2013, Cincinnati 2013, Shanghai 2013
bry17may is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #610
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry17may View Post
I have an issue in the AO, Can a player pull out of doubles and change of partner like one hour before the deadline?
No

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 125 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 65 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #611
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry17may View Post
Why not? It is not nice, but i guess there is no rule against that!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #612
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldnot the qualifying points look like this for AO?

Q..... 20
QR3... 13
QR2... 6
QR1... 0
valac222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #613
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:

Q..... 20
QR3... 13
QR2... 6
QR1... 0
Yes - the link to the rankings points is here :

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=137927
Old 01-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #614
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Q..... 20
QR3... 13
QR2... 6
QR1... 0
In the thread the points given are those you get for a win, not for reaching that round. So six for winning QR1 etc. Amounts to the same thing
vBookie net amount won: 19109 (2014: +12414, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #615
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond reputevalac222 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
In the thread the points given are those you get for a win, not for reaching that round. So six for winning QR1 etc. Amounts to the same thing
Actually not

Code:
TT RANKING POINTS

W....  1000
F.....  700 for loosing F
SF....  450 for loosing SF
QF...   250 for loosing QF
R16...  150 for loosing R16
R32....  75 for loosing R32
R64....  35 for loosing R64
R128...   5 for loosing R128
Q.....   20