Ask the board Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #46
country flag hugocnamaral

hugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond repute

So i should win

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

Doubles
W:(2014)Delray Beach(250),Prostejov CH, Bastad (250), Vancouver CH, Vigo Fut, Reunion Island (2012)Rio Quente CH,Gexto F,Madrid F, Istambul F,Yokohama CH
F:(2013)Leon CH (2012)Blumenau CH,Monza CH,Marburg CH

PAW:
W: Washington 2013, Bangkok 2013
RU:Bangkok 2012
hugocnamaral is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #47
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusz2904 View Post
I think we should create some kind of a list of players who don't send picks in the proper format. Let's say that after appearing there for the second time there will some kind of a warning for a player, then a punishment (e.g. 2 weeks of disqualification). Of course we can't exaggerate - one spelling mistake shouldn't be treated that bad. It's still should be discussed by all players, maybe we should create some pool.

After what happened in Australian Open QR1 something must be done. We have to respect the people who spend their free time as managers. I don't think the list should be created to punish anybody. Look what happened - after many problems and requests all picks in QR2 where in correct format. If people know that they can't make these kind of mistakes, they will be more motivated.

So first - I suggest to create a pool if we should have this list or not. Then, if necessary, we should determine the rules.
This is definitely something that I think needs looking into before the next big 128 player event. Because we're getting more and more players which is fantastic, it means also some newbies who may not be aware of the importance of this and the hassle it can cause

Personally it's not a major thing to me if it happens in a general 32 player draw with less matches to pick - but this was a nightmare
Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #48
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

I do think like some other players that the last name wasn't as defined as it should of been. I realize alot of the names should be familiar but the last thing I'm thinking about when I'm making picks is whether the name was spelled right as long as it's my pick to win.

And actually, that was fixed in Q2 picks so I'm sure the managers were aware of that issue.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #49
country flag ESimp

ESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
This is definitely something that I think needs looking into before the next big 128 player event. Because we're getting more and more players which is fantastic, it means also some newbies who may not be aware of the importance of this and the hassle it can cause

Personally it's not a major thing to me if it happens in a general 32 player draw with less matches to pick - but this was a nightmare
Fully agree. I think part of it had to do with the last names not being capitalized like they have been the last two days. However it was just crazy how many mistakes there were. De Schepper is not Schepper, De Bakker is not Baker, just to name a few.

I think it should be looked at before IW. Never really an issue with the smaller tournaments as it is pretty easy to spot the spelling mistake using the spreadsheet. Def. not as easy in the Grand Slams.
ESimp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #50
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

Hey

I have a situation in Glasgow where a player withdrew from the main draw after the qualies draw was made. I'd like to ask what would be the right thing to do? I'm thinking about moving one player from the QD to MD and replacing him with the first alternate. Another option probably would be to do nothing and leave the spot for LL.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #51
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

In the match between Crivoi against Bognaovic in the Plantation Futures Crivoi won by retirement because Bogo didnt show up. We picked Crivoi +2 and the opponents picked Bogdanovic +2. The match is void then?

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #52
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Hello

In the match between Crivoi against Bognaovic in the Plantation Futures Crivoi won by retirement because Bogo didnt show up. We picked Crivoi +2 and the opponents picked Bogdanovic +2. The match is void then?
If it was walkover then the match is void, if at least one point was played then the winner counts (but SR doesn't).
So in this case it's void.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #53
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilnietė View Post
Hey

I have a situation in Glasgow where a player withdrew from the main draw after the qualies draw was made. I'd like to ask what would be the right thing to do? I'm thinking about moving one player from the QD to MD and replacing him with the first alternate. Another option probably would be to do nothing and leave the spot for LL.
If the qualifying competition has begun, the vacancy is filled by the eligible lucky loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Hello

You are right - this match would be void.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #54
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Vilniete.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #55
country flag Vilnietė

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
If the qualifying competition has begun, the vacancy is filled by the eligible lucky loser.
I decided to move one player to MD and place Alt. The reason was that this player would have been removed from the MD earlier if there wasn't one mistake in AO doubles FQ results.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #56
country flag Tomek.

Tomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond repute

can LE be seeded in the MD draw?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #57
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek. View Post
can LE be seeded in the MD draw?
Yes - unless it's a top 30 singles player who is playing in a Challenger as a LE.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #58
country flag Tomek.

Tomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond repute

so I as a LE but with rank 45 should be seeded in Bressuire?
Old 01-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #59
country flag keqtqiadv

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek. View Post
so I as a LE but with rank 45 should be seeded in Bressuire?
Yes.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #60
country flag Mahqz

Mahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond repute

If somebody leaves a tournament after deadline but before play starts and commits to another he's ALT there, right? Or isn't it even possible?
TT Singles ranking: 66 (High: 52)

TT Doubles: W 2013: Winston-Salem, Sarajevo; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2012: Antalya, Tiburon; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2011: Izmir CH (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles ranking: 57 (High: 31)

-- TT Board Member --
Mahqz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote