The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #61
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Nadal doesn't care about AO, it's the least important major. This MM tournament should be thankful Nadal even made an effort to snatch the title against Olderer in 2009 just to give a little reputation that a spartan GOAT like him care.
se7en is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #62
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

He just had a very Good Clay Season. And in any year that is expected of Rafael Nadal. So that doesnt make him Best Player of 2012.

You need to play at a high Level throughout the year. He doesnt even Qualify for it because he hasnt player throughout the year.

Ridiculous Thread.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #63
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal's win percentage (when healthy) in 2012: 100%

That is the record that is going to last for centuries.

People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #64
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
Hey, masterclass. I have one question for you: why do you say that the Australian Open is the least important major? is it because 40 years ago some players didn't bother to go, or because Novak won it this year?

For many years now all the top players go and play in Australia. And, since it's the first major of the year, most players are rested and haven't picked any injuries. So the Australian Open has actually a stronger field than the other majors. It's tougher to win it.

It's true that every player dreams with winning Wimbledon, because of its history and tradition, but in terms of how hard it is to win a grand slam, I can see no reason to say that one is more difficult than another. To say one of them is less important is, in my opinion, subjective judgement.

We can go back to substance of the thread. Are we doing this in order? So we'll have Ferrer and Berdych next?
>why do you say that the Australian Open is the least important major?

The importance or prestige of winning the tournament has nothing to do with Novak.

It boils down to tradition, remote location vs. participating player demographics, historical surface changes, and harshness of climate.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 12-03-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: previous explanation was too long and too serious for this thread
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #65
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #66
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
I think sportstennis is the infamous federerbestclass

Roger true king, love Roger
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #67
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that impostor well. And that's not the only account as well... cheaternadal, overratednadal, polychronio, etc. Those good ol' youtube days.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #68
country flag caisenma

caisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond repute

masterclass, it would appear as though you lost the plot here.

perhaps for both the first and last time, as i always consider you to be one of the best posters here.

djokovic, federer and murray all had better years no matter how you look at it, and depending on perspective, some others did too.
caisenma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #69
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

still laughing at tards who take this seriously.

Masterclass, you are pure genius!
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #70
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
>why do you say that the Australian Open is the least important major?

The importance or prestige of winning the tournament has nothing to do with Novak.

It boils down to tradition, remote location vs. participating player demographics, historical surface changes, and harshness of climate.

Respectfully,
masterclass
But that's my point: that those were factors in the past. In this day and age, remoteness of location is irrelevant: everybody's there, ready to start the season. I don't know what you mean about player demographics, but in the past 10-15 years I haven't heard of a single top player deciding not to play in Australia because it's too far or the climate is too harsh. Also, other grand slams have changed surfaces: the USO used to be played on grass and on clay. It has changed surfaces and that hasn't made it less important.

We have to move with the times: thhe fact is that nowadawys (not 40 years ago) all the players who can play, do in fact play. After an off season when they can heal injuries, relax, recharge batteries, tinker with their games, and start the new season full of enthusiasm. If anything, all players are even more competitive, ready to start the season on a good note, not tired or diappointed.

It has less tradition, it's true, but it's as important for players as any other slam, and fewer players pull out with injuries here than in the other slams, due to the position in the calendar.

I really don't think any of the reasons you gave are sufficient to consider it the least important grand slam.

Maybe you like watching it less... That's a question of taste. Not of intrinsic importance, in my opinion.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #71
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
still laughing at tards who take this seriously.

Masterclass, you are pure genius!

This thread has made it clear who the best player was during 2012. Thanks.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #72
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post

This thread has made it clear who the best player was during 2012. Thanks.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Too bad I can't give you a second rep in a row for those smilies.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #73
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

RG QF and SF alone is enough to make him the best player of 2012, and it almost certainly confirms his GOATness as well.

17 6 21 77
IOFH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #74
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
it seems we have a Fedtard version of heya

Good for the forum

why haven't I noticed your posts before??
a Fedtard acknowledges the existence of an even greater form of Fedtardism...priceless
^^^after Rafa lost to Ferrer in MC healthy as a horse ofc.
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #75
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Nadal's win percentage (when healthy) in 2012: 100%

That is the record that is going to last for centuries.

let's all bow down to magnificient Humbalito - the unbeatable and divine descendant of spartans. Too bad constant injuries are breaking down his body, otherwise the other mere mortals would not have a prayers chance against our humble hero. VAMOS!!!