The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

As Alex999 said, it's not all about the points. Forget runner-up and semi results and points - those are for bean counters. The typical fan only remembers winners of the big events. The #1 ranked player, Novak Djokovic, started out well, barely winning the AO, the least important major. Thereafter, Nadal dominated Djokovic 3 straight times.

Australian Open (Djokovic)

Monte-Carlo (Nadal) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------Rome (Nadal)

Roland Garros (Nadal)

Clay King Rafael Nadal, winner of his record 7th Roland Garros title, had an equivalent or better record against his top rivals head-to-head for the year. Nadal had the highest match winning percentage of the year - .875 (Djokovic - .862).

Unfortunately Rafa was unable to compete in good condition after Roland Garros (he competed at Halle/Wimbledon, but he was clearly not himself, losing early), so Federer's Wimbledon and Murray's Olympic and US Open wins were obviously tainted (*) because of Nadal's absence, as were Djokovic's later wins in Toronto, Shanghai, and perhaps a lesser extent, the World Tour Finals.

In terms of overall quality and performance against his main rivals, it was an impressive year for Rafa even with his absence post Wimbledon, and many would say he deserves Player of the Year. His rivals realize they have work to do.

Respectfully,
masterclass

P.S. Roger: Nole, you're the best! Nole: Whatever you say King Roger. Andy: After I cried, King Roger decreed I would win 1 slam and it happened. I guess I need to cry more.
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Good thread.
Clearly Nadal is the best player this year, being the one with the best winning percentage among the top 4. Had he not been injured ( it is always the case when he loses to anyone ) and lost to a mug like Rosol, he would have piled more wins in the latter part of the season from hard courts to indoors where historically he's been a major force to begin with.
se7en is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

This is the best trolling I've seen in years. And I mean it in the nicest, most positive way.

Very high quality, and obviously a lot of work has been put into it.

Well done, masterclass!
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed with just about everything. His level of play was by far the highest of them all.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Affirmative. #humble

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
country flag MinioNole

MinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond repute

yep.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute

You know he was injured against Rosol, it doesn't count. Everyone should all forget the disaster that the 2nd round of Wimbledon brought ever happened.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

So why he didn't won Indian Wells, Miami, Halle, Doha?
And why 0 title on hardcourt, or grass?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Do we even need to start a thread to state the obvious.....

And masterclass you forgot one very important stat, nadal's match winning percentage when healthy this year is 100% (best ever).
Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
country flag se7en

He was injured like always...If he was 100% physically he would have slaughtered Murray and Novak in Miami back to back. He was just unlucky, cos that's the prize of being the spartan that he is, his body breaks down.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D. View Post
So why he didn't won Indian Wells, Miami, Halle, Doha?
And why 0 title on hardcourt, or grass?
Injured, dah.....
Old 12-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

lol.

Nadtard.

Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #13
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

arrogant Toni Nadal wishes an injury of Roger and Djokovic.

arrogant jerk team.

nothing new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
lol. right. I have never heard that other active players insulted the past time and past great players.

I have never seen the player who has in the custom of dirty gamesmanship like Nadal.

I have never seen the player an excuse when it loses like Nadal is always justified. Injury. sick. surface..

I have not seen the player who continues a selfish hope like Nadal. Two-year ranking. The increase in clay, and reduction of a hard court. It always complains about a schedule and always plans EX. etc.

Even Nadal insults the Sampras era. Even Nadal makes arrogant diplomacy into a custom. Even if Nadal has an always annoying troublesome routine.

It is like a cult to continue saying that a fanaticism fan and the partial media are humble. Even in the when Nadal's making the remark which looks down on the Sampras era, I looked at it only in the topic of some tennis forum.

ridiculous

Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan

Last edited by sportstennis : 12-02-2012 at 09:28 AM.
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #14
country flag se7en

What's wrong with wishing injury? It's christmas afterall. Nadal isn't arrogant, he is the epitome of humbleness, hence his nick humblelito.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

I see what you did there
Now we just have to wait for the ***** to show up.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote