Told a group of people to shut up today... - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #46
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Told a group of people to shut up today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Same here. Still though, I do wonder why I even bother turning up for the lectures in the first place
Lol same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #47
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
I'm always part of that group of people
me too

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #48
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

I bet most active MTF posters do a fair share of their posting from their uni clasroom (or even high school)
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #49
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, it's GTFO unless it's about MTF.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #50
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Lol same here.
I go because I need at least 70% of assistance to approve each subject. I should have picked a uni where going to class is optional, I regret that LOL.

I don't take the laptop to class because it's too big, but I'm thinking of buying a new one, so next year I will probably be doing it.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #51
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
exact

but it does happen, not always or like my first degree but it does.

i guess ppl are older and work while they study so they dont have time for b/s and stuff.

only one course?
Yeah doing my first (and only) Masters. There's an Israeli guy in my course. He's really smart. Actually, most people in my course are really smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I assume an even bigger reason is that post-grad students are even more motivated to their studies. Some of the students who don't have a gruduate may study only because they feel they have to study, e.g. to get a job. (Sounds too familiar to me.) But I assume post-grad students study more because they want to, not that much because they'd feel they have to.
Exactly. My parents are paying my school fees and I'm using ALL my savings to finance my own living costs, so I'd better do my Masters properly to justify the cost.

Quote:
This is exactly my situation.
i study b/c i wanna study, i already have a job (who i hate (i said i want use that word but i must, sorry)) and im studing for my own, cuz i enjoy it and want to do PhD. i dont need to for any other reason thats why it bugs me when ppl dont let me listen.

go outside talk to ur friends and enter to classes u want just dont interrupt
Same with me - I quit my job to come here (London) for my Masters. I hated my first job and tolerated my second, and I mean, what's the point of staying in a job that you hate if you think you can find something better, right?

What are you study, Punky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Yeah, well, this attitude is one of the main problems in France, too. Students pay very little, and therefore, they have no respect for education (they also have crappy conditions to study in, to be honest, but if you want to study, you can - I did).

Sometimes that makes me really angry, and I just feel like lecturing them, and saying to them: "do you realize that higher education is a f***ing privilege? Are you not ashamed that French taxpayers are paying for your education, while you just sit there and do nothing, or just disrupt the class?"

And also, I keep thinking that one day, people will realize that students don't care because they don't pay, and when they decide to change the system and make them pay thousands of euros for their education, then they will start crying and getting angry, saying that it's a scandal and education is a right and so on.
I'm from Singapore where there is absolutely no welfare or whatever, so I find it a bit ridiculous that university education is free. We have free education but only up to primary 6 (like when you're 12), but the fees from high school to pre-university aren't that expensive. It's only uni that's more expensive but it's heavily subsidised by the government so it's affordable on average. Most people care; out of all my friends there was only one girl that did really badly but she had some issues at that time so she was the exception.

Quote:
More or less as they do with tests: they don't give a shit during the whole semester, they don't study, but then when they fail they start crying or getting mad at you ("the test is too difficult it's a scandal the teacher's a bitch" and so on), and suddenly it looks as if their whole world is about to crumble. And in a way you feel sorry for them, because they're young and don't know better, but sometimes you're just fed up and you feel like saying: "Well, you see that ridiculous overreaction of yours right now? You should have put that energy into sudying about 6 weeks ago. Now it's too late. Sorry."
What do they expect to happen if they don't study? Being a teacher is pretty crappy these days.

Quote:
Yes, for one, they're more mature, and also (at least in France), none of the "tourists" reach post-grad level. Students who don't give a damn usually don't make it through beyond the 3rd year.
Anyway, even in first year, you have plenty of really great students, but to disrupt a class it only takes a few idiots or even a few selfish good students (the kind who listen to the teacher and contribute when they feel like it, and chat with their friends the rest of the time).
"Tourists". What do people do if they don't graduate though? In Asia, you'd be severely disadvantaged in job hunting without a university degree. Is it the same in France?

By the way, what do you teach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I bet most active MTF posters do a fair share of their posting from their uni clasroom (or even high school)
I read MTF on my phone in Jurisprudence class this week because I had no fucking clue what was going on.

I had a laptop in my first two years of undergrad law school, then stopped bringing it in my final two years because I was finally interested in my classes. But yeah, me and my friends talked to each other on MSN in lectures. Was great fun.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:10 AM   #52
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

My classes are about 20 people or less. (small, liberal arts college) Even if I wanted to, the professor would know if I wasn't paying attention. Besides, most of my classes (besides Calculus) don't have textbooks, so you need to go to class and listen if you want to pass. Either way, I like the classes I'm taking so there's no way I wouldn't want to listen.

And I agree with Sophita's post. Education is a privilege--so yes, if we're lucky enough to get it, we should take advantage of the opportunity, It's worthless to pay and not go or to pay and not listen--and you would be learning more than from a lecture than a textbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #53
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Yeah, well, this attitude is one of the main problems in France, too. Students pay very little, and therefore, they have no respect for education (they also have crappy conditions to study in, to be honest, but if you want to study, you can - I did).

Sometimes that makes me really angry, and I just feel like lecturing them, and saying to them: "do you realize that higher education is a f***ing privilege? Are you not ashamed that French taxpayers are paying for your education, while you just sit there and do nothing, or just disrupt the class?"

And also, I keep thinking that one day, people will realize that students don't care because they don't pay, and when they decide to change the system and make them pay thousands of euros for their education, then they will start crying and getting angry, saying that it's a scandal and education is a right and so on.
I don't know, you pay a lot for education here and (especially) in the US, but kids still goof off The best way to weed out the leeches is to allow the universities to be very strict. If a student is disruptive, the professor should be allowed to throw them out of the classroom, and this counts against them as an absence.

(Although I wouldn't punish students too heavily for non-attendance; some people learn better from reading the material than hearing it in lectures. And some lecturers have nothing special to offer and just rehash everything in the book )
Old 12-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #54
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Yeah doing my first (and only) Masters. There's an Israeli guy in my course. He's really smart. Actually, most people in my course are really smart.

im not Surprised b/c i know a lot of israeli love doing their MA around the world.
why ur only MA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Same with me - I quit my job to come here (London) for my Masters. I hated my first job and tolerated my second, and I mean, what's the point of staying in a job that you hate if you think you can find something better, right?

What are you study, Punky? .

i cant stand my job but i wont quit until i will find another one, i cant b/c im still an intern so its a big problem.
i totally can do better (my pay is pretty great) but i need a Challenge.

i did a double degree (BA in Economy and Industrial and Management) that was a mistake, i should have done one but i couldnt Decide.
then i studied for a Dual license in Portfolio Management and Pension counseling, again a double
now im doing my MBA.

why do u study? cant u study it back home?
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #55
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

If anything, I just wish every subject in University had Lectopia. So if some dickhead is a distraction in a lecture, you can just watch/listen the recorded lecture online.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
Old 12-01-2012, 05:56 AM   #56
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If anything, I just wish every subject in University had Lectopia. So if some dickhead is a distraction in a lecture, you can just watch/listen the recorded lecture online.
same classes have it b/c most of them dont, when i know its going to be an important class or lesson i record the class but some ppl do it for all their classes and share others.

bummer that the Uni doesnt do it.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 12-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #57
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
same classes have it b/c most of them dont, when i know its going to be an important class or lesson i record the class but some ppl do it for all their classes and share others.

bummer that the Uni doesnt do it.
Yeah and, not to mention, Lectopia is quite an expensive piece of equipment - so basically it's unlikely that lecture/class recordings are possible for every single subject. The expenditure for a Uni to invest in all that would be unbelievable. It sucks because, aside from others who distract the class, sometimes you're not always available for a certain class, such as when you have timetable clashes.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 12-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #58
country flag Punky

Quote:
Yeah and, not to mention, Lectopia is quite an expensive piece of equipment - so basically it's unlikely that lecture/class recordings are possible for every single subject. The expenditure for a Uni to invest in all that would be unbelievable. It sucks because, aside from others who distract the class, sometimes you're not always available for a certain class, such as when you have timetable clashes.
sadly that is true but i do think that some classes should have Lectopia but i know everything is a question of Cost \benefit to the university and h
they wont see a benefit just a cost.

lucky, a lot of ppl use their Iphone to record the class and then they upload it, thats the best i have at the moment

Old 12-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #59
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Wow if you sit in the back it means you arent interested in the lecture I somewhat agree with Lenders and Noserer ,those lecturers really spout random nonsense Half of which is not even important

And for Trip who asks why I attend my classes , its because of the minimum attendance required to sit in the exam
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #60
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Same here, I'd not be able to get through uni without my laptop
Laptops arent allowed here but we chat about random stuff and play games like Hangman which are a lot of fun
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote