High percentage tennis is boring - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #31
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High percentage tennis is boring

Not only is it boring, but I kind of get anxious/squirm around when it is a nadal/novak final or andy/novak matchup. They come up with some awesome shots at times, but it mentally wipes you out after watching their constant 30 something shot rallies.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #32
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Shooting 3s is not risky if done by the right people, and as a result of well-constructed plays. On the other hand, chucking a 3 when the shot clock is running out and double teamed, is what the teams on the bottom often do, and usually that's why they are on the bottom
Really? Steve Kerr for example, when he left the NBA, had the highest single season and career percentages for 3s. For single season, his record was .524 and his career was .454.. You gotta be fucking shitting me if you don't think those percentages are considered risky. Whatever you think, 2s are a lot less risky, and yet basketball teams are handing the ball to players that are no where near Kerr's consistency with 3s. Your argument is valid. Teams DO in fact play risky from time to time. Obviously no one wins championships playing entirely risky, but no one wins games just playing not to lose either. Risky plays bring home the wins and entertain the crowd.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #33
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

his Highness passed decisive ball to Kerr to shot it in NBA finals. it's was for 2 but still nothing risky in guy with such pedigree
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #34
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Obviously no one wins championships playing entirely risky, but no one wins games just playing not to lose either. Risky plays bring home the wins and entertain the crowd.
Same in tennis then, you don't see Monfils and Simon winning multiple slams. Nadal is pretty much the only one who can win frequently without risking a whole lot, but it's unlikely anyone could copy that style and have the same amount of success.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #35
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

It depends. Agassi 2.0 (AKA The Punisher) was never boring. Watching Andre make opponents run from side to side to side with little chance of winning points until they no longer had legs was awesome.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #36
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I see lately there's a peace between Fedfans and Djokofans
with the exception of some HORRIBLE Djokotards which are spoiling the party ...

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-325
TBkeeper is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:45 AM   #37
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

High percentage, low percentage... it's all good. It's like life man; gotta respect the highs and lows of it. Because at the end of the day, whether shit is high or low, it's fine.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #38
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

High percentage = high injury rate.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #39
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
lol what? We talking about tennis here?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #40
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, hence why GOATro is our only hope for the future, he'll lead the way for talented attacking tennis
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #41
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Running around the court like a headless chicken high percentage tennis for you, yes that makes sense.
se7en is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #42
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's boring. Waiting for mistakes is classless. I don't hate Simon, but his playstyle is boring. At least, Kinder Bueno takes risks, makes UE mostly but he tries.
Gasquet, when he's on, plays suicide tennis, and that's clearly the best tennis for me.

"wow! 75% on first serve! delightful!" "and 38% on returns, gorgeous!" "I'm ecstatic, he's reached 79,75% on second serve!!"

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #43
country flag giosanti

giosanti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
In which sport do you have top sportsmen taking huge risks? Whether it's basketball, football, etc. you will most likely see that top teams/guys are just too solid and will rarely try something crazy.
I'll give you GSP, but what about Anderson Silva and Jon Jones?
giosanti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #44
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

MMA? I don't think that's something you can compare with ball sports
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote