Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF" - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #106
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
The stupidity of this "argument" is enough to turn Medusa herself to stone

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #107
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OMG

I'm not going to answer all your useless questions. Just read my post again and try to use your brain. Answers are all in it.
I think it is you that needs help. Please, tell me Rafa has eyesight and hearing problems. Or maybe Federer has the superior eyesight and hearing? Maybe if some clay events changed to indoors, Rafa will be struggling really badly?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #108
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
To be fair too all players, each player can choose the kind of surface on his side of court.

Nadal, clay
Federer, grass
Djokovic, AO Plexicushion
Murray, Cincy fast hard or Dubai

No need to change side
Ironically though, if this was actually a choice, I don't think anyone would choose grass. One of the biggest strengths of faster surfaces lies in causing your opponent to struggle more.

Imagine if Federer chose grass and Rafa played on clay. Federer has less time to react while Rafa would have more time to react. This was the exact scenario when the two played at the Battle of the Surfaces exhibition event. Whoever was on the grass side was pretty much at a disadvantage while whoever was playing on the clay side was just beating on the ball. If anything, Federer would choose a medium pace/bounce hardcourt for such a choice.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #109
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I think it is you that needs help. Please, tell me Rafa has eyesight and hearing problems. Or maybe Federer has the superior eyesight and hearing? Maybe if some clay events changed to indoors, Rafa will be struggling really badly?

If you think that I claimed that Rafa has eyesight or hearing problems then you obviously did not understand my post which is why I politely told you to read my post again but you didn't do that either.

And I repeat: I won't answer your useless questions so please refrain from asking them.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #110
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

It's Uncle Toni's fault Rafa was a tennis player. Ironic how he criticizes the ATP, when he commited a larger crime.
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #111
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
If you think that I claimed that Rafa has eyesight or hearing problems then you obviously did not understand my post which is why I politely told you to read my post again but you didn't do that either.

And I repeat: I won't answer your useless questions so please refrain from asking them.
No I totally read what you wrote. The vision and listening aspects are "different" in an indoor event. But you know what? Your post was so fucking clownishly asinine (almost made my brain explode that is how foolish it was) that I responded back that way. Maybe pick up a racket, go play in an indoor court, come back and tell us your findings. Your post was utterly disgraceful to Rafa.

Regardless what you claim or say, some buffoonery, the vision aspect is very similar unless you are hitting overheads, and Rafa isn't hitting 1000 overheads in every match. Now the hearing part is even more ridiculous to try to argue with you. What does listening, when Rafa makes tremendous noise when he hits the ball, have anything to do with his movement, ball striking, winning a match, etc? Come genius who apparently understands this without ever touching a racket perhaps, tell me.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #112
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Regardless what you claim or say, some buffoonery, the vision aspect is very similar unless you are hitting overheads, and Rafa isn't hitting 1000 overheads in every match. Now the hearing part is even more ridiculous to try to argue with you. What does listening, when Rafa makes tremendous noise when he hits the ball, have anything to do with his movement, ball striking, winning a match, etc? Come genius who apparently understands this without ever touching a racket perhaps, tell me.

I basically said that the conditions indoors are different compared to outdoors (and gave exmaples for that) and that different players cope with that differently. Do you agree with that? If you say no, it's clear that you have never touched a tennis racquet in your life (unlike me). If your answer is yes, then you are right.

Now I'm waiting for your answer.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #113
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
I basically said that the conditions indoors are different compared to outdoors (and gave exmaples for that) and that different players cope with that differently. Do you agree with that? If you say no, it's clear that you have never touched a tennis racquet in your life (unlike me). If your answer is yes, then you are right.

Now I'm waiting for your answer.
No shit it is different. How much of an IQ point did you have to waste to figure that one out Sherlock? What is there to cope with? Oh shit, there is no wind, the temperature is too ideal, fuck there is no sun to beat down on me, damn it no rain delays, I'm going to lose now. So was Rafa lucky then during that Wimbledon match in 2008? The TV cameras struggled to pick up the balls, and I'm sure the players were too but Rafa was still hitting fine, but now you're saying good lightning in an indoor event is something Rafa has to "cope" with, or that Federer "copes" with better..LOL.. Wow you are a piece of work.

And the sound aspect, omfg, too hysterical. Shit, the crowd and my grunting sounds different! Now I can't run as fast, I can't return as well, in fact it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to play tennis at my highest level anymore! I can't cope with the sound!

I'm not the only one who thought your posts need help... Unless we are all dumb and apparently you're smart right? Yes, I never picked up a racket in my life, because my avatar/sig aren't me, right
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #114
country flag Matt01

Quote:
No shit it is different. How much of an IQ point did you have to waste to figure that one out Sherlock? What is there to cope with? Oh shit, there is no wind, the temperature is too ideal, fuck there is no sun to beat down on me, damn it no rain delays, I'm going to lose now. So was Rafa lucky then during that Wimbledon match in 2008? The TV cameras struggled to pick up the balls, and I'm sure the players were too but Rafa was still hitting fine, but now you're saying good lightning in an indoor event is something Rafa has to "cope" with, or that Federer "copes" with better..LOL.. Wow you are a piece of work.

And the sound aspect, omfg, too hysterical. Shit, the crowd and my grunting sounds different! Now I can't run as fast, I can't return as well, in fact it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to play tennis at my highest level anymore! I can't cope with the sound!

I'm not the only one who thought your posts need help... Unless we are all dumb and apparently you're smart right? Yes, I never picked up a racket in my life, because my avatar/sig aren't me, right

Ok, so it is clear that you don't any clue what you are talking about so I'm not going to waste my time with you any longer. The sad thing that is that I can't even say what I really think of you (because I would get banned immediately) but whatever

Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #115
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ugh, I absolutely do not get this notion of indoors....how just because it is indoors it suits some players and apparently hurts others. How does removing things like wind and temperature exactly hurt a player? If you claim it does, then the opposite must be true, and you are basically saying that particular player wins more because of factors other his own tennis. By having it indoors, you remove the factors for everyone, level playing field right there.
It's always a level playing field, because conditions are always the same for everyone (ignoring erratic gusts of wind or whatever).

If you deal better with these external factors than your opponent does, then of course you're going to be disadvantaged when you move indoors!
Singularity is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #116
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
It's Uncle Toni's fault Rafa was a tennis player. Ironic how he criticizes the ATP, when he commited a larger crime.
excellent post

Quote:
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #117
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

It's Nadull's father fault he was born.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #118
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, so it is clear that you don't any clue what you are talking about so I'm not going to waste my time with you any longer. The sad thing that is that I can't even say what I really think of you (because I would get banned immediately) but whatever

What a clown you are don't even know how to reply...you have no argument so you say you're not going to waste your time because you have no fucking clue what you're talking about

dull fans

Quote:
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #119
country flag Noserer
Banned!

Noserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post

What a clown you are don't even know how to reply...you have no argument so you say you're not going to waste your time because you have no fucking clue what you're talking about

dull fans
And you're such a visionary with analytic posts like that
Noserer is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #120
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
It's always a level playing field, because conditions are always the same for everyone (ignoring erratic gusts of wind or whatever).

If you deal better with these external factors than your opponent does, then of course you're going to be disadvantaged when you move indoors!
While that would seem logical for most situations when comparing opposites, it doesn't apply here. For tennis, not sure how those external factors that are taken out gives you an actual disadvantage...sure you don't have the advantage over your opponent when playing outdoors, as like you said, a player would have an advantage over their opponent if they are better at handling conditions, but the opposite doesn't mean that players then has a disadvantage and the other players has an advantage...it just leave them neutral.

Quote:

Please do, let's hear it. Since you clearly posted something that dug you into a clownish hole, let's resort to something else. Yeah, I have no clue you're so sure about that.