Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF" - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #31
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncle Toni:"it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij
"he only beat Rafa cuz Rafa was injured"
Not exactly what he said, though.

He said:
Quote:
I don't want to take any merit away from Rosol, but I doubt he would have lost if he had been in condition to play that match. We knew we weren't in condition to play, so he came out on court paying much more attention to his knee than his opponent. Anyway, that's over now, Rosol deserved to win and there's no problem.
About doping, he said:
Quote:
We undergo many tests every year and I'm referring to everybody on the tour. It's difficult to dope.
Difficult, Toni said, not "impossible" as duong quoted elsewhere.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post

Nadal back ... whining back
Looks to me like you're the one who's whining.
He was just answering questions in an interview.
If it bothers you this much you can easily choose not to read it.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #33
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

The evil ITF scuppered Sampras's chances at Roland Garros by insisting on holding it on clay instead of rotating the surface.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #34

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

The journalist who did the interview asked him this question
Quote:
Wouldn't it be fairer, for example, for the surface for the (WTF) Masters Cup to alternate?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #35
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
Looks to me like you're the one who's whining.
He was just answering questions in an interview.
If it bothers you this much you can easily choose not to read it.

I will tell you something : if Federer or Djokovic had said what Toni said, I'm certain that you would have posted a thread about it at once.

I will tell you something else : I hesitated a lot about posting what he said about doping in the doping thread, but then I thought "well Just Like Heaven immediately posted the same kind of answers by Djokovic in that same thread" : if I don't do it, someone will answer JustlikeHeaven's post with it.

I would never have posted a thread about that Toni's interview, actually if I had heard of that interview before this thread I would only have posted the only serious info about Nadal's schedule on hardcourts in 2013 in the thread about Nadal's injury and come-back : you can look everywhere on MTF, you will never find me making a thread about such interview as you could do sometimes, or even much more often Ash86 posted a lot of polemical threads like that.

I didn't post this thread : I only answered and said my general impression : you perfectly know that Tignor is a big fan of Rafa's, and I could find you the post on his blog where he said something like "I had forgotten what we missed when Nadal isn't there and here it reminds me what" ... quoting a Nadalcamp's moaning.

Some Nadalfans like you hate me, but I think you should be fair to note that as much as I love Fed and dislike Nadal as you do on the opposite, I don't post threads like that, I mostly post about Nadal's arguments on the calendar and the way he politically raised them. I think that's the reason why you and other Nadalfans hate me because I just don't post such threads then why am I the one on frontpage like in Castafiore's post ?

I utterly respect your love for Nadal, but why am I such targetted by you ? I don't understand

I didn't post this thread, I just posted one reaction in this thread saying a general thing about Nadal's impact on tennis debates : whining. And I'm not the only one saying that : Tignor said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post

About doping, he said:

Difficult, Toni said, not "impossible" as duong quoted elsewhere.
the complete quote was in the article above, I just copied it, that's all and it seems that he said both :

Quote:
I’m fine because Rafa is clean, it’s impossible to dope in tennis. If ATP thinks that is right to increase anti- doping controls, do what they think it’s better. It’s true that there was the case of Mariano Puerta, but since then no top tennis player has ever doped, I think that they are all clean. It’s hard to dope.”
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Toni-N...icolo7169.html

Last edited by duong : 11-29-2012 at 11:44 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #36
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
The evil ITF scuppered Sampras's chances at Roland Garros by insisting on holding it on clay instead of rotating the surface.
Yes, I remember this well. A few times I felt this would be his year until I realized they would play on clay - again!

There might have been a reason, though. In USO they changed from grass to clay so that Borg could win, but still he didn' manage. In desperation they tried HC but he didn't win then either. After that disappointment, they've pretty much given up on changing surface for one player's sake.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #37
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
The ATP also robbed
Lendl and Wilander of Wimbledon
Connors and Nole of RG
Mac of both AO and RG. This is just ridiculous. Robbing a legend of 2 Grand Slams!

Nadal got lucky that he has only been robbed of the WTF, and not a slam, let alone two!
Pratik is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #38

Quote:
I will tell you something : if Federer or Djokovic had said what Toni said, I'm certain that you would have posted a thread about it at once.
Federer and Djokovic are tennis players, Toni is not.
I'm a Rafa fan and I don't like his uncle. Therefore, I choose to ignore his opinions. If I can do it, I don't understand why you (a person who says she's "allergic" to Nadal) can't.
And I don't hate people I don't even know.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #39
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Fedtards are desperate to feed their hatred. I don't want what will happen to them if Rafa does not come back. After all, the h2h vs Federer will stay the same and they will bitch forever about how many more slams Federer had if not Rafa
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #40
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer and Djokovic are tennis players, Toni is not.
I'm a Rafa fan and I don't like his uncle. Therefore, I choose to ignore his opinions. If I can do it, I don't understand why you (a person who says she's "allergic" to Nadal) can't.
And I don't hate people I don't even know.
I can't ignore what Toni says, neither what Rafa says, they're an important part of the tennis world, as for the word "hate" I don't know what it precisely means in this forum but I often see the word "hater" then I used it as a generic (in my case the best word is "allergic" ... to Rafa, not to Toni by the way, and it's nothing about his personality, I think he's a nice boy, it's only about him on court).

And the whining topic on the calendar, surfaces, etc ... is a topic which imo is very important for the whole tennis tour.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #41

Quote:
I can't ignore what Toni says, neither what Rafa says, they're an important part of the tennis world, as for the word "hate" I don't know what it precisely means in this forum but I often see the word "hater" then I used it as a generic (in my case the best word is "allergic" ... to Rafa, not to Toni by the way, and it's nothing about his personality, I think he's a nice boy, it's only about him on court).

And the whining topic on the calendar, surfaces, etc ... is a topic which imo is very important for the whole tennis tour.
Since you follow his matches and like to talk so much about him, it must be a very special type of allergy.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #42
country flag duong

Quote:
Since you follow his matches and like to talk so much about him, it must be a very special type of allergy.
well, to speak honestly, it's not so much of an allergy, it's a kind of unease "je suis mal à l'aise avec lui, ses attitudes et son visage sur le court" is the correct expression as it seems you're French. And it quite has decreased with time, I don't know why, maybe since he gave up tee-shirts without sleeves or he got older and my "natural tolerance" improved ... and he's a great tennis-player for sure although his game is not my favorite one some parts are interesting ... and I'm passionate of tennis, you know it, then yes, I follow his matches, not all of them but quite many ones including the most important ones, yes.

I'm sorry for that "allergy", and now I try not to say it too much (I used to say it too much and realized I hurt people who sincrely loved Nadal as Fed-allergics hurt me the same, then I tried to change that), but I know many other people are allergic to Fed even though they try to hide it under "objective" arguments, I'm convinced there are more "natural reactions" behind all of that.

Last edited by duong : 11-29-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: unease is the correct English word, not disease
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #43
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like uncle Toni had a bad day when he gave that interview....
buzz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #44
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ithe complete quote was in the article above, I just copied it, that's all and it seems that he said both
I read the full article as it was translated from the original one done in Spanish. A translation done by a professional translator.

He didn't say "impossible" in the original interview, but "difficult".

I don't agree with his quote about the ATP being unfair, though. I would not have used the word "unfair" for somebody with a career like Rafa.
I'm not the biggest Toni Nadal fan either. It seems that he often doesn't think about the consequences of his words.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #45
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

man, never noticed he sounds a bit like Takeshi Kitano.
Nole / Tsonga / The Fog / Haas / Brown / Gojowczyk / Colonel / Mahut / Sijsling / Dolgo / Funky Flo / Cuevas / Fed / Stan / Baker / Alund / Kei / Tursunov / Copil / Brands / Benneteau / Steps / Stakh / PHM
Rafter / Edberg / Henman / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread