Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF" - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #151
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
This.

And it is not Rafa Nadal who said those things anyway. I cannot understand why Nadal's fans defend such remarks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Like Rafa, despise Toni. Probably the biggest, disagreeable clown next to Don Tiriac.
Joining in with the club.
I like Raf (in fact, very much), but honestly DESPISE that slavedriver idiot of a so-called uncle 'coach' of his, with all his idiotic nonsense he continuously spouts towards the media.

I will pull out the Spanish national flag from my balcony the moment when Tio Horribli indeed resigns from being Rafa's coach.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #152
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Since you had enough time to reply to my posts and put them in your sig, I see you are just trolling.

Quote:
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #153
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
"INDOOR SEASON". as though you need a season for INDOORS? the fact that it's indoor means weather affects it not at all so you can have indoor tournaments whenever

just because there is like Shanghai and Paris does not mean it should affect the WTF's surface

you're mistake is you include the Tour Finals WITH a particular branch of tournaments. the World Tour finals are literally the season finale on their own, it's not automatically connected to Paris and such stuff because the dates are closeby

should Australian Open be clay too then since there are only South American clay tournaments in the month following? bad logic. indoor hard is one of the least common surfaces now, so it is strange that there has not been much consideration on rotating the world tour finals surface. even outdoor hard would make more sense. it also skews the significance of the WTF because there are particular players, ala Federer, with a perfect game for indoors. a tournament that is summing up the season should not be slanted every single season
I think WTF being on indoor HC increases its prestige. On outdoor HC, clay, or grass, it'd be even more clearly a 2nd tier event to slams. But now it's the most prestigious indoor HC tournament.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #154
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Toni should spend the rest of his life in prison for crimes against tennis
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #155
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I basically said that the conditions indoors are different compared to outdoors (and gave exmaples for that) and that different players cope with that differently. Do you agree with that? If you say no, it's clear that you have never touched a tennis racquet in your life (unlike me). If your answer is yes, then you are right.

Now I'm waiting for your answer.
Yes they are. And players need to adapt to different conditions.
Basically, not only do you want surface homogenisation, but now you are also asking for condition homogenisation.
Why not go all the way and keep a controlled environment with exact same temperature, wind conditions and lightnings in every single tournament. While we are at it, why not isolate the sound coming for the audience, as different players adapt to sound different.
Unless this happens, Toni will always have the ATP to blame for Rafa not wining something.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 AM   #156
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
This was also part of the interview.

The rivalry between Federer and Nadal has enriched the sport, but it has caused collateral damage. I mean, there are now radicals, fans, from both sides who insult and attack those of the other instead of watching tennis and enjoying each player.

First this hasn't been caused by either Federer or Nadal, but by the bad upbringing of those people who insult the rival for being in favour of a particular player. The collateral damage is not the rivalry, it's the bad manners of the followers who because of a defeat or victory of their player can come to hate the opponent. For years tennis has enjoyed a good and healthy rivalry and now there’s a time when there are several players who aspire to being number one in the world and to winning all the tournaments. Worse for us, but better for tennis.
Can't argue with this part. And I think it's good he brings this up. I think he is addressing us here guys and gals
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #157
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

wheres Fed forwin, he must be crying with joy

Toni
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #158
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncle Toni:"it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

[quote=duong;12584972]

Nadal back ... whining back (Tignor himself who is a Nadal-fan said a few months ago that he had realized that was what was missing from the Tour when Nadal was absent) and no journalist dares answer them and put them back in their place.

Can't imagine Lendl whining like that about Wimbledon being on fast grass in his time.

the Nadal clan has adopted a strategy which I thought was typically French : the more you moan the more you get. Or maybe it's just their natural mentality (like the French -PS I'm French-) but the result is the same

Dead on target. I once had a French girlfriend and the more she moaned the more she got. Are you saying that Nadal is a slut? I'm confused.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #159
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudio Spanlatine View Post
wheres Fed forwin, he must be crying with joy

Toni
Fed fordawin was banned.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #160
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
It's always a level playing field, because conditions are always the same for everyone (ignoring erratic gusts of wind or whatever).

If you deal better with these external factors than your opponent does, then of course you're going to be disadvantaged when you move indoors!
This I think is what Matt01 was trying to say. And it's true, if obvious. What I don't understand is why anybody would draw the conclusion that we shouldn't have any important tournaments indoors.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #161
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

The need for a good indoor season on HC is one thing. Currently, I feel that too much of the season is played on HC, the grass season is too short and too quicly after the clay season + the main clay season is too packed within too short a period of the year. This has been discussed a lot on MTF before. This is not going to change very quickly. What's good for all the players and for the sport + what gets done are often two different things. Financial issues matter more than sport issues in some cases.

WTF isn't part of the indoor HC season as such, though.
WTF offers a competition of the best players of the entire season, so those who performed well throughout the year on various surfaces. If it's a celebration of the best of the season, it should also reflect that in the surfaces. In that sense and on paper, it would make sense to alternate the surface of WTF.

However, WTF comes after the outdoor HC season, followed by the indoor HC season and before the new outdoor HC season of the following year. This makes it in reality more sensible if it's played on HC and since it's played in the autumn in London, indoors.

Toni should learn to think about what he wants to say and weigh his words a bit more before he speaks. He suffers from the "open mouth, insert foot" illness. The word "unfair" in his interview is not a word I would have chosen for a player with a career like Rafa, for example.
However, to describe him as "slavedriving idiot" and "mobster" and such while at the same time, giving a sermon on what a sensible fan should write, defend or not defend? ACC material but too bad it's over for another season.

Last edited by Castafiore : 11-30-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #162
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
This I think is what Matt01 was trying to say. And it's true, if obvious. What I don't understand is why anybody would draw the conclusion that we shouldn't have any important tournaments indoors.
What Matt01 said about lights in indoor conditions, the size of the court and arena ... can also be true (Fed himself often talks of that topic, for instance he said he had problems with the size of the arena and the lights in Bercy and he like many players spoke of the specificity of the size of Roland-Garros center court).

But I really don't think that Nadal had worse results indoors because of vision problems (Djokovic should be more sensitive to that because of his lens)

and I think Matt01 also knows that it's not the reason, it's a matter of bounce (the bounce in 02 arena is quite low for instance, even if it's not at all like carpet) and quickness of the court.

I've often said that I think the idea that the H2H between Fed and Nadal on hardcourts is "apparently" different indoors and outdoors is imo not mainly related to indoors/outdoors but rather to quick-low bouncing hardcourts / slow-high bouncing hardcourts (because Fed only met Nadal once on outdoors quick hardcourts : in Dubai but the bounce is also high in Dubai and one match is not enough to draw conclusions imo). The way Fed defeated Nadal in awful conditions in Indian Wells should make people at least wonder more about that assertion that it depends on indoors/outdoors imo. It's not clear at all imo. One can contest my opinion that it's more a matter of slow/quick hardcourts but the other opinion that it's indoors/outdoors can be contested as much, and it's much more widespread.

Last edited by duong : 11-30-2012 at 09:48 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #163
country flag choppaa

choppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncle Toni:"it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
I can get everything but to wish someone an injury even as a joke is disgusting.No one cause to Rafa getting injured he did it himself.
It's not the first time. In 2011 he "jokingly" hoped that Novak breaks a leg. Disgusting individual indeed.
choppaa is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #164
country flag Noserer
Banned!

Noserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond repute

11 pages of Fed's fangirls' crying Keep it up.
Noserer is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #165
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Yes they are. And players need to adapt to different conditions.
Basically, not only do you want surface homogenisation, but now you are also asking for condition homogenisation.
Why not go all the way and keep a controlled environment with exact same temperature, wind conditions and lightnings in every single tournament. While we are at it, why not isolate the sound coming for the audience, as different players adapt to sound different.
Unless this happens, Toni will always have the ATP to blame for Rafa not wining something.

I am not asking for anything. I am against surface homogenization. I was just trying to state the obvious. Please do not confuse me with Uncle Toni, we are not the same person.