2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #496
country flag Nole Rules
Banned!

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
I have Sonja in Round 3 No way I can win that.
Tough luck.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #497
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I feel a little unconfortable with that "Vote for X" or even "Vote for me", I think you all should relax a bit here.
I mean, I have no problem with that, keep it up, be happy .

But what I most enjoy this contest is everyone showing nice feelings for everyone else, saying good things for the others.
I have to admit I feel really good when other users say nice things about me, anyone liking my style is always a pleasure. it's the best gift I can recieve today.

I think this is the best thing about the popcon, showing everyone we can all put tennis on another topic and get into the NT-forum to share nice feelings about other users. Here there aren't "disliked" users like in ACC, it's all matter of who you like, or appreciatte, or even enjoy reading.

For example, I have discussed SOOOO many times with users like Nole Fan, Born in Clay and GSMNadal, and I have no problems in show I can put that discussions aside and tell them I enjoy their posts, their style and voting for them.

I'm a Federer fan, a HUUUUUUUGE Federer fan, when Federer loses it affects my life.

(I have a pretty funny story regarding the Fed-IW tournament, I was supossed to date a girl on friday, and I told her something like this:
- Sorry, I think I won't be able to go during the night, Roger plays tonight vs Del Potro, it'd be a tough match.
- What about tomorrow?
- Um... I don't know. If Roger wins he'd probably play Nadal, I don't want to miss that.
- We can go out after the match.
- Yeah... Probably, but if Rogers loses to Rafa I won't be in a good mood to go nowhere.
- On Sunday?
- Only if Federer loses to Rafa... I won't miss the final, you know?
- Well, you can totally fuck yourself.)
We did go out after the Fedal match, afterwards.

Sorry, where was I?
Oh yeah, i'm a Fed fan, and, of course, I'd almost all the time discuss with Rafa and Nole fans, but I like them beeing there. We need all the fans we can, to have a polarity of opinions, that's the whole reason of a forum, right?

And, what I said before, I can discuss to death with them during the "hot" matches, but after that, it's just a forum, we all can enjoy our company here, and have a good relationship with everyone.

I like this contest, it shows the best of MTF-users (and we're all pretty fuckin crazy).
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #498
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
R4 isn't bad at all imo.
You are the newcomer of the year anyway.
I guess. R4 in Popcon (losing to #5 seed) and R4 in ACC (narrowly losing to the eventual champion) is great for a first year and also shows a vast array of talents: clowning and likeability When I hit my peak, I should become the first MTF poster to do the ACC + Popcon double
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #499
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Just look at that post people. What a thing of beauty. Vote viruzzz, THE badass of MTF.

Remember that sunglasses pic?

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #500

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
(I have a pretty funny story regarding the Fed-IW tournament, I was supossed to date a girl on friday, and I told her something like this:
- Sorry, I think I won't be able to go during the night, Roger plays tonight vs Del Potro, it'd be a tough match.
- What about tomorrow?
- Um... I don't know. If Roger wins he'd probably play Nadal, I don't want to miss that.
- Yeah... Probably, but if Rogers loses to Rafa I won't be in a good mood to go nowhere.
- On Sunday?

Now this is very funny stuff
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #501
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty surprised about how well I'm doing against Dini. But no chance against arm in the next round though. But at least I'll lose to a great poster . Thanks for everyone who's voted for me in this competition so far!

Also, a lot of people also apologized for voting for Dini over me. Don't worry! I'm not offended in the least, this is a positive competition .

I have one question though: I have to know what this means. Care to elaborate, The Bulldog ?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
(47) Lopez vs. Dini - Don't know the opponent, but Lopez is nice, and is good for exercising my gaydar.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #502
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Good to know

Sorry Johnny, I know it takes a lot of work to organize this whole thing, but you were not really thinking of us, Europeans.
It is resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
Oh god, I have 0 chance vs Groove. I need to try smear tatics

viruzzz, you went to IW? You stay near by there?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #503
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
viruzzz, you went to IW? You stay near by there?
Actually, no! That's the worst thing of the story. I denied to date her because I wanted to watch it on TV.

In my defense, I have an awesome TV.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #504
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, no! That's the worst thing of the story. I denied to date her because I wanted to watch it on TV.

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #505
country flag Nole Rules
Banned!

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I feel a little unconfortable with that "Vote for X" or even "Vote for me", I think you all should relax a bit here.
I mean, I have no problem with that, keep it up, be happy .

But what I most enjoy this contest is everyone showing nice feelings for everyone else, saying good things for the others.
I have to admit I feel really good when other users say nice things about me, anyone liking my style is always a pleasure. it's the best gift I can recieve today.

I think this is the best thing about the popcon, showing everyone we can all put tennis on another topic and get into the NT-forum to share nice feelings about other users. Here there aren't "disliked" users like in ACC, it's all matter of who you like, or appreciatte, or even enjoy reading.

For example, I have discussed SOOOO many times with users like Nole Fan, Born in Clay and GSMNadal, and I have no problems in show I can put that discussions aside and tell them I enjoy their posts, their style and voting for them.

I'm a Federer fan, a HUUUUUUUGE Federer fan, when Federer loses it affects my life.

- What about tomorrow?
- On Sunday?

Sorry, where was I?
Oh yeah, i'm a Fed fan, and, of course, I'd almost all the time discuss with Rafa and Nole fans, but I like them beeing there. We need all the fans we can, to have a polarity of opinions, that's the whole reason of a forum, right?

And, what I said before, I can discuss to death with them during the "hot" matches, but after that, it's just a forum, we all can enjoy our company here, and have a good relationship with everyone.

I like this contest, it shows the best of MTF-users (and we're all pretty fuckin crazy).

Shame I can't goodrep you again. Damn shame. You deserve 10 goodreps for this post alone.
Great stuff.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #506
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have done that before too- more than once (and usually to watch it on a computer)

Matosevic, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Dolgopolov, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Gonzalez, Monaco, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #507
country flag Nole Rules
Banned!

I love your johnny depp avies, Johnny.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #508

Quote:

That's awesome

That said, a real bad ass would have got her to make you sandwiches and give you a blowjob while you watched the match(es) though Just saying.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #509
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Although viruzzz, after a Fed victory over Nadal that must've been one hell of a date.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #510
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
I love your johnny depp avies, Johnny.
Just trying to find what avvie would be an accurate description of me at the moment, it is tough.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote