2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #1531
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Wait, let me get this straight...Groove had a double account registered and ready to go after he announced his "retirement" from MTF and started posting on that shortly after?

Damn, this kid's life must be pathetic:
- Conjured up all these stories about his life in which he got shot, stabbed, had a baby and subsequently killed him off, had inordinate amounts of sex, and pretended to be and type "drunk"
- Talked about being a top 100 player in a few years yet can't win a round of qualifying in a futures event at age of 20+
- Tried to retire from a message board and come back with a fresh start under a new username and got caught
Yeah, pretty pathetic
No wonder one of the posters here who will remain nameless, and who is called samanosuke is so sympathetic towards JG

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #1532
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post

If you want to dig further down the rabbit hole, the Mods will have to meet JG (and his 'friend' if applicable) in person to get genuine evidence.
I offered mods to skype when they banned me for my sister's account. Since I used to check MTF from every house of my family, now no one can open an MTF account Not my daughter, not my two nieces, not even my mother who is a huge tennis fan Not that they wanted though I asked my sister to open MTF/TF accounts because I wanted her to play games. She got permbanned from MTF but still has account on TF that she rarely uses because she is generally not an internet person.
gulzhan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #1533
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Anyway, before anyone here gets permabanned, he gets a ton of warnings and a ton of short bans. If he/she still gets permabanned in the end, then we are usually talking about a hard-core troll or simply a nutcase, no need to see them again via DA.
Not true. I got permbanned without any warning. At least it felt like that to me. I made a joke, got 3 months ban for death threat in the middle of USO. Didn't even know for what! Had no idea it was my joke on live scores thread, thought it was for an angry threat to kill Kuznetsova on chat Used my friend's account to tell people on chat thread of what happened, got 3 more months of ban. No message, no warning, just additional ban. A month or so later my sister who witnessed me playing games on MTF offered to open accounts. I showed her what to do, she herself registered, started posting, started playing PAW/suicide (not regularly), few weeks later she called me and said she was banned. I opened my account and discovered I was banned permanently.

The point is, I believe Johnny had a friend or roommate whom he talked into opening an MTF account, as I did. But when mods make their decision, you can't talk to them, can't explain anything, there is no dialogue. All you do, you write an appeal and wait. I must say, you feel pretty helpless. And I believe that makes MTF less interesting place. Look at TF, it's so much more fun there right now! Too bad WTA sucks
Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #1534
country flag gulzhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Damn, this kid's life must be pathetic:
Not at all Some people like to socialize in net forums even though they have a real life too. Especially if they want to talk about tennis or something similar. I mean, how much of my whining about Nadal/Federer can my family tolerate? 5 minutes max, then they shut me up and continue with talking about something else
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #1535
country flag gulzhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post

Congrats trips on a still to be deserved title

Grats to viruzzz for making the final

Congrats to Hewitt =Legend and the Bulldog as well

Thanks to JG for organizing and anyone who helped count votes
+1

Just edited a little
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #1536
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulzhan View Post
I offered mods to skype when they banned me for my sister's account. Since I used to check MTF from every house of my family, now no one can open an MTF account Not my daughter, not my two nieces, not even my mother who is a huge tennis fan Not that they wanted though I asked my sister to open MTF/TF accounts because I wanted her to play games. She got permbanned from MTF but still has account on TF that she rarely uses because she is generally not an internet person.
Yeah exactly. That's why it's hard to 100% assume that just because the account was created on the same IP means it's from the same person. I know the fashion of having a 'family PC' is beginning to get outdated these days, but you can never rule out that possibility. But sadly, the moral of the story is, don't create more than one account from the same PC and/or IP address. Or alternatively, the family could share that one MTF account; but that's hardly a good idea

But in regards to this issue, I don't believe in any side of the story because there's still just too many factors to consider.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #1537
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Yeah exactly. That's why it's hard to 100% assume that just because the account was created on the same IP means it's from the same person. I know the fashion of a 'family PC' is outdated these days, but you can never rule out that possibility. But sadly, the moral of the story is, don't create more than one account from the same PC and/or IP address. Otherwise the family could share that one MTF account, but that's hardly a good idea
I read somewhere two accounts from the same address is something you should ask the mods about before registering the second one. Easier to get permission than forgiveness, I assume.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #1538
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

RNIG was a clown account and if JG was him then that's disappointing I suppose.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #1539
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I read somewhere two accounts from the same address is something you should ask the mods about before registering the second one. Easier to get permission than forgiveness, I assume.
Ah right, I didn't know that. But that sounds about right.

With a 'family PC' (hence same IP), say if each family member is wanting to register to MTF, there needs to be a rule (if there is already, my apologies in advance) to request for photo ID for each member (or meet up face-to-face, but that's just too much IMO) that is registering for an account, so that the accounts created, do indeed belong to each different member in the family. Sadly for JG, if this was the case, he probably didn't bring this up with the Mods beforehand. So it's either; he didn't know about 'asking for permission first' (if that other account belonged to an associate of his), or he did indeed create a double/multi.

But at the end of the day, the Mod's called it based on their criteria which was violated. It might not have been a right or wrong decision, but it was their 'best' decision given what transpired. Unfortunately we can't really tell what's right or wrong because when we're online, you can never fully escape anonymity. And because of this, it's understandable that fellow users protest this decision, and rightly so. We gotta know what's at hand here; because for all we know, we're all anonymous. The fact that we all have usernames and an avatar doesn't change anything.

Hell, I could very well be one of the permabanned posters on that list who is acting like someone else and I'm not getting caught because I changed internet by either changing the company, moving house, moving country, etc, etc. I'm not by the way (otherwise start questioning me if you're all so suspicious now), but this is an example to show a potential flaw in the the DA/MA rule violation. We just don't get the full picture sometimes.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #1540
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
i heard miss mtf need a volunteer to organise the contest. there only nine days left until everyone is wiped out from existence, so it would nice to see mtf finest ladies competing in one last contest.
I already ran it last year and I think as an 'organizer' you should not vote, so I won't organize it again since I want to vote as well this year.

But it's no big deal to host it, only the nominations should take some time but if you do that with 2 people it can easy be done. By the way, there are a lot of more competitors in Mr than in Ms so Ms should be fairly easy. You think we should have a Miss contest first, and then the Mr because of the end of the world?

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #1541
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
I already ran it last year and I think as an 'organizer' you should not vote, so I won't organize it again since I want to vote as well this year.

But it's no big deal to host it, only the nominations should take some time but if you do that with 2 people it can easy be done. By the way, there are a lot of more competitors in Mr than in Ms so Ms should be fairly easy. You think we should have a Miss contest first, and then the Mr because of the end of the world?
Is this specific to this competition or is it your personal opinion? I noticed AJ voted in the ACC contest, and JG in the PopCon.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #1542
country flag Nikki♥

Nikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond repute

I will never forget the countless amount of rotten eggs and tomatoes I saw coming my way when I was running Mr. MTF and was actively participating as cheerleader at the same time. Bottom line: it is best to stay neutral when you are running such a contest, abstain from voting, rigging the draw in favor of your vfriends or whatever. It is useless, only creates drama. Especially when one vote can decide an entire match, an organizer shouldn't get involved.

Even better: never run a contest at all, no one will thank you for that anyway, they will only complain and whine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Bičuj me mamita!
Nikki♥ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #1543
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Is this specific to this competition or is it your personal opinion? I noticed AJ voted in the ACC contest, and JG in the PopCon.
It's just my personal opinion, mate. I think it looks a little biased when an organizer is going to vote, campaign and stuff. An organizer should be unbiased and provide help to every contestant equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki♥ View Post
I will never forget the countless amount of rotten eggs and tomatoes I saw coming my way when I was running Mr. MTF and was actively participating as cheerleader at the same time. Bottom line: it is best to stay neutral when you are running such a contest, abstain from voting, rigging the draw in favor of your vfriends or whatever. It is useless, only creates drama. Especially when one vote can decide an entire match, an organizer shouldn't get involved.
Exactly what Nikki said. You don't want to create unnecessary fuzz. And if you host 1 contest in let's say 3 years you can still vote for 11/12 contests so 1 non-voting contest wouldn't kill you.

Quote:
Even better: never run a contest at all, no one will thank you for that anyway, they will only complain and whine.
There have to be people who organize contests, otherwise there won't be any
And I think these contests in the off season are pretty fun since there is no tennis around.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #1544
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I agree that organizers probably shouldn't vote in their own contests.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #1545
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

i voted when i ran popcon but didnt vote during mr mtf

you get a bit personal with all the people who send you their stuff, sometimes ask you to help with their english, ask for advice which pic suits the best and stuff. these pageant contests are always more personal, because you basically reveal your all physical appearance and personality

however, they are always, every year, beginning of the best friendships on this forum, even for people who lose in R1

www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote