The MTF BSG #5 - Congratulations to scarecrows ! [ Arab Strap - "Girls of Summer" ] - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #1
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute
Default The MTF BSG #5 - Congratulations to scarecrows ! [ Arab Strap - "Girls of Summer" ]

(an Original idea by sfar.)
Welcome to the MTF Best Song game!
(5th Edition)

Anyone can participate.

How to play?

Phase I: Anyone can commit to the game by sending me a YouTube link of your song via PM.
After this phase, I will give a list of songs and players, without revealing which songs was selected by whom.
Phase II: Vote for your favourite songs by PM.
<29 songs: Direct Final.
30-40 songs: 2 Semi-Finals followed by a Final containing the 20 songs with the most points.
After (each part of) this phase, I will reveal the votes, the points tally, and the player behind each song. After the SF, only the eliminated songs will be revealed.

The song with the most points wins!

Rules:
1. Your song must follow the theme of the game. For Game #5: 1990s includes any song that was released between 1st Jan 1990 and 31st Dec 1999. Check the release dates before sending me the link to the song.
2. You have to vote for exactly 10 songs, in order of preference. Your voted songs will receive points in the following format (inspired by the Eurovision system):
Code:
12 points: favourite song
10 points: 2nd favourite song
 8 points: 3rd favourite song
 7 points: 4th favourite song
 6 points: ...
 5 points: ...
 4 points: ...
 3 points: ...
 2 points: ...
  1 point: 10th favourite song
3. You can not vote for your own song.
4. You can not send a song selected in a previous game. One of the purposes of this game is to discover new music. For a list of these previously selected songs, see Post #3. The same song by a different artist/band is allowed.
5. Only committed players can vote. Eliminated semifinalist can also vote in the Final.
6. If you do not vote, your song will receive a 12 point penalty (in the part of phase in which you did not vote).
7. If the same song is sent by 2+ different players, the 2nd+ player to send will be asked to chose another one.
8. You can change your song only once. You can't change your votes.
9. If the manager is playing the game, he/she will have to send his votes to another player.

Other informations:
1. There will be a musically themed interview via PM, which will be revealed after the Final.
2. The theme (if wanted) of the next game will be selected by the winner.

1st Edition | 2nd Edition | 3rd Edition | 4th Edition

Strategies are welcome. All forms of drama including but not limited to insulting, fighting, bickering, bitching, vSlapping, vPunching, repping, and selling your soul to the devil manager for votes are strongly encouraged!

Good luck!

Smoking the Rosmalen grass
and rolling in the Stuttgart silt.

> Patron Saint of MTF's collective Desire <

Last edited by MachineGun : 06-30-2014 at 10:09 PM.
MachineGun is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #2
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The MTF Best Song Game #5 [Theme: 90's songs] - Commit! (until June 16th, 10 PM C

The Theme of Game 5:

90's songs *

(as chosen by the previous winner, tripwires)

* Any track that was released between
January 1st 1990 and December 31st 1999.

Last edited by MachineGun : 06-10-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #3
country flag MachineGun

Default Re: The MTF Best Song Game #5 [Theme: 90's songs] - Commit! (until June 16th, 10 PM C

Timeline

1st deadline: the commitments.
Monday, June 16th (10 PM CET)

(If there is a stagnation in the # of songs sent or if the maximum # of songs (40)
is sent in less than 7 days, the deadline will be shortened)

2nd deadline: the Semifinal - Voting process.
Monday, June 23rd (8 PM CET)

( There are x songs in this contest. So 2 SFs with x/2 songs in each.
You have to vote with the system described in the first post for EACH Semifinal.
And the votes for both groups of songs must be sent before this deadline!
10 songs (out of x) from each SF will qualify for the Final (total of 20 songs). )

3rd deadline: the Final - Voting process.
Sunday, June 29th (8 PM CET)

( Everyone that has committed to the game can vote in the final:
finalists must do it and semifinalists can do it if they wish to.
You must use the same rating system described in the very first post. )

Last edited by MachineGun : 06-10-2014 at 06:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #4
country flag MachineGun

MTF Players

Code:
afterglows August BlackeyeVuk Chris Seahorse Clashcityrocker Crustaceok Deathless Mortal Delusionalist. Doktor Carpet Droog Featherer Firebrd Franie Herzeleid HoorayBeer Just like heaven kinski76 Litotes lucyfur MachineGun Mae mcarvalho MichaelKrep nadeeya Nathaliia Pablo23 Pratik ProdigyEng Roger the Dodger Sauletekis scarecrows streetballdude TigerTim tripwires Trollicki
In brown, the players who qualified for the Final.

Selected songs

Code:
SF 1 (the videos here)

Green Day -         "When I Come Around"
Faith No More -     "Midlife Crisis"
Happy Mondays -     "Step On"
Electrafixion -     "Bed of Nails"
Crni Bombarder -    "Crne Rupe"
The Offspring -     "Self Esteem"
Catatonia -         "Mulder and Scully"
Aphex Twin -        "To Cure a Weakling Child"
System of a Down -  "Sugar"
Radiohead -         "Climbing Up the Walls"
Lamb -              "Górecki" (Live)
Haddaway -          "What Is Love"
Slowdive -          "Altogether"
Placebo -           "Every You Every Me"
Sublime -           "Santeria"
Silence 4 -         "Angel Song"
Bruce Springsteen - "Streets of Philadelphia"
Garth Brooks -      "The River"
Code:
SF 2 (the videos here)

Tracy Chapman -         "Give Me One Reason"
Garbage -               "#1 Crush"
The Cranberries -       "Linger"
Prljavo Kazalište -     "Tu noć kad si se udavala"
Enigma -                "Return to Innocence"
The Cure -              "A Letter to Elise"
Arab Strap -            "Girls of Summer"
Boredoms -              "Super Are"
Soundgarden -           "Black Hole Sun"
Grant Lee Buffalo -     "Fuzzy"
Leftfield -             "Melt"
Sigur Rós -             "Starálfur"
Oasis -                 "Champagne Supernova"
RMB -                   "Spring"
Prolapse -              "TCR"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Scar Tissue"
Bon Jovi -              "Keep the Faith"

Code:
The Finalist songs

The Cure              - "A Letter to Elise"
Slowdive              - "Altogether"
Soundgarden           - "Black Hole Sun"
Radiohead             - "Climbing Up the Walls"
Crni Bombarder        - "Crne Rupe"
Placebo               - "Every You Every Me"
Grant Lee Buffalo     - "Fuzzy"
Arab Strap            - "Girls of Summer"
Tracy Chapman         - "Give Me One Reason"
Lamb                  - "Górecki" (Live)
The Cranberries       - "Linger"
Leftfield             - "Melt"
Catatonia             - "Mulder and Scully"
Enigma                - "Return to Innocence"
Sublime               - "Santeria"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Scar Tissue"
Sigur Rós             - "Starálfur"
Happy Mondays         - "Step On"
Bruce Springsteen     - "Streets of Philadelphia"
Aphex Twin            - "To Cure a Weakling Child"

[ Link to the videos here ]

Last edited by MachineGun : 06-25-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:15 AM   #5
country flag MachineGun

Results

( TBA )

Last edited by MachineGun : 06-10-2014 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:16 AM   #6
country flag MachineGun

Rankings and Past results

Attached Images
File Type: png BSG1 - 1.png (41.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg BSG1 - 2.jpg (79.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg BSG2 - 1.jpg (215.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg BSG2 - 2.jpg (117.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg BSG3 - 1.jpg (237.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg BSG3 - 2.jpg (129.7 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by MachineGun : 06-14-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:17 AM   #7
country flag MachineGun

You can now start commiting by posting here and by sending me your song via PM.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:36 AM   #8
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Counting down...thread to be flooded with GNR, Nirvana, Aerosmith, and Pearl Jam ... in 3, 2, 1...
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #9
country flag MachineGun

The 6th post (with the rankings, past results and list of previously selected songs) will be updated later.

Read everything, please, everyone!

Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #10
country flag BlackeyeVuk

BlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond repute

Tis a nice touch. MachineGun will be good host. I sure hope he is less corruptible then any women out there.... beacuse I have a coookieeee!

Im no fan, nor im proud of anyone.
I just cheer for good tennis player. Im a cheerladie or golddigger whatever-"flout"-your-boat
I made a pun! Yey.
BlackeyeVuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:45 AM   #11
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Should send smells like teen spirit really quick before it is taken

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #12
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Undecided between 3 songs

- the one which will surely make top 3
- the indie kne which will be top 10
Or
- the less famous one which whill be a bit hard to digest for many here

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #13
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
Should send smells like teen spirit really quick before it is taken
Send it quick and then change a couple of days later, that way it will be unavailable when everyone else tries to take it
vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #14
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Counting down...thread to be flooded with GNR, Nirvana, Aerosmith, and Pearl Jam ... in 3, 2, 1...
Who do you think will nominate this one?

vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #15
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely love the 90's, but then it also brings a problem of choosing the best song as I love so many of them, and all for different reasons.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote