Q&A With Mark Lenders. - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #121
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noserer View Post
Xavi is the best midfielder of the century. Do you agree?
No. Iniesta for me, absolutely brilliant player - from an individual award perspective it's a shame he's in the same era and in the same team as Messi. Xavi is amazing himself, but Iniesta is just phenomenal.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #122
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post

And I know the feeling, most of my favorites seem to be plagued by injuries too. It is especially frustrating in Delpo's case for me because he actually had (and maybe still has) the potential to win multiple Slams and be #1. Back in late 2009/early 2010 I thought he'd fight with Djokovic for #1 in the future, but it turns out very different fates were reserved for each of them. The fact that he is doing so great after surgery only makes me wonder how far he could have gone without it
I know man, it's sad. The first time i saw Del Po in 2009, i thought that he'd go on to be a multi time grand slam winner by now. But injuries have prevented that. Luckily he's still got plenty of time. Kei's injuries came at a bad time this year. After his Tokyo win, and he was in form. I hope he can put those problems behind him. But like Del Po, he's got plenty of time.

Anyway, some more questions...

Whats your opinion on Hummels? (i saw you included him in you europe 11 earlier and another favourite)

What do you think of Oscar (the Chelsea one and another player i like lol)?

Do you think Tsonga will win a slam?

When do you think Tsonga will call it quits?

Which player do you hate most apart from Ferrer?

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #123

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Bundesliga is an awesome league. Brilliant ticket prices, good football and the fans/ultras are among the best in the world.

Here's some more questions:

1 Best ever Sporting game?
2 Best ever Barcelona game?
3 Do you have a preferred English team?
4 How many slams will Del Potro, Tsonga, Berdych and Cilic finish their careers with?
5 What individual tennis result do you want to see next year?
6 Have you ever been outside your own continent?
7 Which MTFer would you want to meet the most?
Agree about the Bundesliga.

1. Sporting 4-1 Newcastle Europa League 2004/2005

2. Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid 29 Novemember 2010

3. Not really. I love Swansea's football though if that counts.

4. Del Potro 2, the others unfortunately 0 I'm afraid. I hope I'm wrong and at least one of them gets one, if not all, but prospects don't look bright at all.

5. Del Potro def. Nadal at Roland Garros would be great. (I suppose that's what you were looking for with that question).

6. Unfortunately no, I hope to do it as soon as money allows him.

7. There is one I'd love to meet more than anyone else and that person knows who he/she is, but I'm not really going to reveal it here. With that said, there's a lot of MTF members I'd be delighted to meet, including most people who posted in this thread. If you ever happent to pass through Lisbon, just let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Which is the better player? Rooney or Zlatan?
Rooney for me. They are both a bit overrated though. I'm a bit biased here as I really don't like Ibra much
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #124
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your answers.

Here's some more, if you don't mind.

As a Barcelona fan, do you wish La Liga was more than just a two-horse race, or do you like it just as it is?
Who do you think is the best player in Serie A?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #125
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think about Alberto Acosta?? He used to play in Sporting some time ago too (some years before Romagnoli though).

Was he good there?
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
I know man, it's sad. The first time i saw Del Po in 2009, i thought that he'd go on to be a multi time grand slam winner by now. But injuries have prevented that. Luckily he's still got plenty of time. Kei's injuries came at a bad time this year. After his Tokyo win, and he was in form. I hope he can put those problems behind him. But like Del Po, he's got plenty of time.

Anyway, some more questions...

1-Whats your opinion on Hummels? (i saw you included him in you europe 11 earlier and another favourite)

2-What do you think of Oscar (the Chelsea one and another player i like lol)?

3-Do you think Tsonga will win a slam?

4-When do you think Tsonga will call it quits?

5-Which player do you hate most apart from Ferrer?
Yup, breaking his wrist right after winning his first Slam was some horrible luck. But oh well, it will make it all the sweeter in a way if he manages to get another Slam

1-As I included him in my XI, obviously I find him great. He's the best young defender in the world in my opinion and should be one of the best for the next decade, awesome with the ball at his feet going forward too. I like Subotic too, Dortmund have a brilliant CB duo.

2-Very promising player for sure. He reminds me a bit of Ozil, only with some Brazilian flair. I'm definitely interested to see his progress at Chelsea.

3-Realistically, I'd say no. He's kind of playing in the wrong era, one that rewards percentage tennis. His BH and ROS will probably always be too big liabilies for win to get a Slam. I hope he proves me wrong and can play his best tennis for an entire week (second week of a Slam) and get one though, Tsonga at his best is quite unstoppable.

4-He's 27 but has less mileage than, say, Del Potro. He's a very young 27yo, I hope to see him play for 5 more years at the very least, if not more. His style lends itself to longevity too.

5-Gasquet definitely.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #127

Quote:
Thanks for all your answers.

Here's some more, if you don't mind.

1-As a Barcelona fan, do you wish La Liga was more than just a two-horse race, or do you like it just as it is?
2-Who do you think is the best player in Serie A?
Oh I don't mind at all, keep them coming Although this does seem like the kind of questions I'd be getting in a football forum.

1-Yes, I do wish that, it can get boring after a while. Barcelona and Real Madrid getting 500 million+ on TV revenues year after year while the other clubs don't even get 1/10 of that (among other stuff) is an extremely unfair system that only promotes imbalance. I definitely wish it was different, and so do many Barca fans that I know of.

2-Right now, I'd say Cavani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
What do you think about Alberto Acosta?? He used to play in Sporting some time ago too (some years before Romagnoli though).

Was he good there?
He was great. Was Sporting's best scorer in 1999/2000 leading us to the title after an 18 year hiatus. He's still an idol for Sporting fans. I don't remember watching him play much since I was a kid at the time, but he's definitely left a huge mark here, I used to have his shirt when I was a kid.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #128
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Alberto Acosta- I remember him from the 3am Argentine football highlights I used to tape (with ESPN's Max Bretos and a crazy Chilean co-commentator by the name of Christian Bozzo, utterly hilarious duo)

The show ended around 2005 though.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #129
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

What do/did you think of Sampras? (one of my favourite retired players)

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
What do/did you think of Sampras? (one of my favourite retired players)
I'm 19, so I obviously missed his era of dominance although I did watch his swansong in the USO 2002 final. From what I've seen of him in reruns and highlights, he was definitely a great champion and although he did have some limitations he was great at what he did and always came through in clutch situations. I do wonder sometimes how he won 14 Slams, I don't think he was nearly as good a tennis player as Federer, but I guess he had the perfect skill set for the era he played in (a bit like Nadal now) and a champion mentality to boot so kudos to him.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #131
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

What's your opinion on agents in football?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #132

Quote:
What's your opinion on agents in football?
They bore me frankly. One of the main reasons that led me to start following tennis far more than football is the tedious off pitch circus in football, which doesn't appeal to me at all.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #133
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
He was great. Was Sporting's best scorer in 1999/2000 leading us to the title after an 18 year hiatus. He's still an idol for Sporting fans. I don't remember watching him play much since I was a kid at the time, but he's definitely left a huge mark here, I used to have his shirt when I was a kid.
Wow, that's pretty impressive, I remember hearing he had good seasons there.
Here he also was the best scorer some seasons. I'm pretty happy you all have good feelings for him.
I also had his shirt when I was a kid!

As you can see, i'm not the only one here from San Lorenzo
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #134
country flag Noserer
Banned!

Noserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond repute

What's your opinion about Mourinho and AVB?
Noserer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noserer View Post
What's your opinion about Mourinho and AVB?
I think Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world, but I dislike his philosophy and overall attitude greatly.

I love AVB, excellent manager with a very positive football philosophy. I'm glad he's doing such a great job at Tottenham and shutting up the obnoxious British media, I hope and know he will continue to do so