Q&A With Mark Lenders. - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #106
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Hummels!!!

Speaking of Hummels in a way

1-What do you make of Borussia Dortmund? (One of my favourite teams)
2-What do you make of Marco Reus? (one of my favourite players atm)
3-What do you make of Chelsea? (another one of my favourite teams)

4-If Del Po was to win 1 more slam, which slam would you want it to be?
5-When are you getting rid of your Ferrer AV ?
6-How far do you think Nishikori will go in his career?
1-I like them, although Bayern is my favorite German club. I love German football and the Bundesliga in general, I think it's the best league in Europe even though I'm not a fan of any club (in the same way that I am a Barca fan). Klopp has done amazing job at Dortmund, made them play some superb football, I'm very glad they are doing well in the Champions League this year unlike last year. I just hope their project can continue.

2-He's one of my favorite players too. I remember I was laughed at in BarcaForum when I put Reus in my team of the year in 2011 after his heroics saved Gladbach from near certain relegation. He surely has been proving me right, amazing player. I like him better than Goetze.

3-I greatly dislike Chelsea and everything they stand for. Eliminating Barca last year and then winning the CL only made me more bitter towards them I'm generally not a fan of clubs like Chelsea, City, PSG..., and Chelsea's defensive football philosophy only further turns me off.

4-Roland Garros. He was a few points away of winning it in 2009 and I've always felt clay is the surface where his game is the most natural. I'd love him to win there before retiring, preferrably beating Nadal. That said, I'd be very happy with one more Slam for Delpo regardless of the venue; it'd be beyond amazing to win a Slam after all he's been through.

5-When Ferrer loses his next match, so hopefully Auckland and whatever Mickey Mouse tournament Ferrer plays before AO. A bet is a bet

6-It's hard to say; his potential is immense, but his body is too fragile Assuming he can find a way to stay healthy for extended periods, I definitely think that winning a Slam is a possibility - he might not have the power or defensive ability you need to succeed in this era, but he is a brilliant returner and shotmaker off both wings. There's a reason he has a positive H2H against three of current top 8 players and has beaten Nole with a bagel too. Plus, he still has plenty of room to improve as he's still quite young.

I think that if he stays away from injury, he has a chance of going as high as becoming the sixth best player in the world in the next year - only the current top 4 and Del Potro are insurmountable for him at the moment. If he can improve his serve (he basically gets no free points) and execution from defensive positions, he could potentially challenge those guys. It all starts with remaining healthy though - that's the biggest challenge for Kei, even more so than for JMDP.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #107
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
1-I like them, although Bayern is my favorite German club. I love German football and the Bundesliga in general, I think it's the best league in Europe even though I'm not a fan of any club (in the same way that I am a Barca fan). Klopp has done amazing job at Dortmund, made them play some superb football, I'm very glad they are doing well in the Champions League this year unlike last year. I just hope their project can continue.

2-He's one of my favorite players too. I remember I was laughed at in BarcaForum when I put Reus in my team of the year in 2011 after his heroics saved Gladbach from near certain relegation. He surely has been proving me right, amazing player. I like him better than Goetze.

3-I greatly dislike Chelsea and everything they stand for. Eliminating Barca last year and then winning the CL only made me more bitter towards them I'm generally not a fan of clubs like Chelsea, City, PSG..., and Chelsea's defensive football philosophy only further turns me off.

4-Roland Garros. He was a few points away of winning it in 2009 and I've always felt clay is the surface where his game is the most natural. I'd love him to win there before retiring, preferrably beating Nadal. That said, I'd be very happy with one more Slam for Delpo regardless of the venue; it'd be beyond amazing to win a Slam after all he's been through.

5-When Ferrer loses his next match, so hopefully Auckland and whatever Mickey Mouse tournament Ferrer plays before AO. A bet is a bet

6-It's hard to say; his potential is immense, but his body is too fragile Assuming he can find a way to stay healthy for extended periods, I definitely think that winning a Slam is a possibility - he might not have the power or defensive ability you need to succeed in this era, but he is a brilliant returner and shotmaker off both wings. There's a reason he has a positive H2H against three of current top 8 players and has beaten Nole with a bagel too.

I think that if he stays away from injury, he can go as high as becoming the sixth best player in the workd next year - only the current top 4 and Del Potro are insurmountable for him at the moment. If he can improve his serve (he basically gets no free points) and execution from defensive positions, he could potentially challenge those guys. It all starts with remaining healthy though - that's the biggest challenge for Kei, even more so than for JMDP.
I agree with the bold. Bundesliga has become my favourite league recently, and Dortmund are my favourite German team. I love the way they play football, and some of the players that play for them.

I was laughed at when i said that Dortmund would win Group D, ahead of Real Madrid. Now i can laugh at those people because i was right Hope they can continue to do well in the Champions League.

I first noticed Reus last season when watching the Bundesliga. I thought that he was a great talent and should be playing for a bigger team than Gladbach. Then the Euro's came on, and i was happy when he was picked for Germany. When he made his first appearance i said to my dad "this guy is good. Watch him closely" and he played pretty well. I was happy when he moved to BVB where he could show off his potential, and he ahsn't disapointed. Cracking player

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #108
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Your opinion on Paulo Bento?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #109

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with the bold. Bundesliga has become my favourite league recently, and Dortmund are my favourite German team. I love the way they play football, and some of the players that play for them.

I was laughed at when i said that Dortmund would win Group D, ahead of Real Madrid. Now i can laugh at those people because i was right Hope they can continue to do well in the Champions League.

I first noticed Reus last season when watching the Bundesliga. I thought that he was a great talent and should be playing for a bigger team than Gladbach. Then the Euro's came on, and i was happy when he was picked for Germany. When he made his first appearance i said to my dad "this guy is good. Watch him closely" and he played pretty well. I was happy when he moved to BVB where he could show off his potential, and he ahsn't disapointed. Cracking player
Same here. It is much better than La Liga or, I know you're British but it must be said, the ever overrated Premier League. There's genuine balance accross the league, with even bottom teams able to play some great football, lots of exciting young players and no debt at all - and all this without ripping off the fans (cheapest tickets out of all European leagues). Definitely a model everyone should follow.

I also thought Dortmund would win the group honestly, I was hoping City could be a little less useless and kick out Real Madrid though, but it wasn't to be.

Fully agree about Reus, I first noticed him back in 2010/2011 when his heroics saved Gladbach from almost certain relegation, brilliant player.

Also, I know this is my Q&A, but I'm kind of curious to know whether you agree with my expectations for Kei and what are yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Your opinion on Paulo Bento?
I like him. He was at Sporting for four seasons and did an amazing job with quite limited resources and did very well rejuvenating the Portuguese National Team too, very good manager imo.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #110
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Same here. It is much better than La Liga or, I know you're British but it must be said, the ever overrated Premier League. There's genuine balance accross the league, with even bottom teams able to play some great football, lots of exciting young players and no debt at all - and all this without ripping off the fans (cheapest tickets out of all European leagues). Definitely a model everyone should follow.

I also thought Dortmund would win the group honestly, I was hoping City could be a little less useless and kick out Real Madrid though, but it wasn't to be.

Fully agree about Reus, I first noticed him back in 2010/2011 when his heroics saved Gladbach from almost certain relegation, brilliant player.

Also, I know this is my Q&A, but I'm kind of curious to know whether you agree with my expectations for Kei and what are yours
I'm British, but i also think that the Premier League is over-rated. Have thought that for a long time, and i often get slated by friends because of it. The Quality of football isn't good compared to other European leagues. The teams aren't as good techinically (as proved by the champions league this year). And all this excitement stuff they go on about is kinda false. The Bundesiga had the best goal-game ratio last season out of the 3 major European leagues.

As for Kei. I think that Nei is a talented player, who has been held back by injuries and inconsistency. He is a typical nazzac favourite (All my favourites have been held back by injuries, and/or inconsistency. My favourite womens player, Shvedova is the same). I think Kei has the potential to be a solid top 10 player and have a career like Tsonga although with more masters titles . I think he will enter top 10 next year at some point, and my even finish top 10, which will be great. If he works on a few things like his serve, and stays clear of injuries then i think he can go on to have a great career. Best of the young players looking to break top 10 imo.

I don't know how long the big 4 will last tbh. Federer is 31, Nadal has injuries, and Djokovic/Murray are a few years older than Kei and may be in decline when Kei hits his peak years. Ferrer, Tsonga, Berdych will be gone, and that leavs Del Potro who is also injury prone. So if everything goes right for him, he might win a slam. But it will require some great play over a two weeks span and perhaps a bit of luck

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #111
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Your opinion on Nelson Oliveira?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #112
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Clownders, Benfica need a win at Camp Nou.Do you think Barca will play with B team and let them win?
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #113

Quote:
I'm British, but i also think that the Premier League is over-rated. Have thought that for a long time, and i often get slated by friends because of it. The Quality of football isn't good compared to other European leagues. The teams aren't as good techinically (as proved by the champions league this year). And all this excitement stuff they go on about is kinda false. The Bundesiga had the best goal-game ratio last season out of the 3 major European leagues.

As for Kei. I think that Nei is a talented player, who has been held back by injuries and inconsistency. He is a typical nazzac favourite (All my favourites have been held back by injuries, and/or inconsistency. My favourite womens player, Shvedova is the same). I think Kei has the potential to be a solid top 10 player and have a career like Tsonga although with more masters titles . I think he will enter top 10 next year at some point, and my even finish top 10, which will be great. If he works on a few things like his serve, and stays clear of injuries then i think he can go on to have a great career. Best of the young players looking to break top 10 imo.

I don't know how long the big 4 will last tbh. Federer is 31, Nadal has injuries, and Djokovic/Murray are a few years older than Kei and may be in decline when Kei hits his peak years. Ferrer, Tsonga, Berdych will be gone, and that leavs Del Potro who is also injury prone. So if everything goes right for him, he might win a slam. But it will require some great play over a two weeks span and perhaps a bit of luck
Fully agree about the Premier League. I keep hearing about how the PL is 'fast paced' and that might be right, but what good is that if the technical quality isn't there? No wonder the English National Team keeps getting exposed in the big events, and also that very good but not that special players in La Liga (Silva, Mata...) look so amazing once they get to England.

Kind of agree about Kei, he's definitely the best player U-24 (Delpo's age) imo. I'm not worried about the top 4 or any other player though, if Kei stays away from injury and keeps improving his game he should get a shot at a Slam title either way. Would be great if he did win one. Same for Tsonga really, hope Rasheed can help him become a threat again and make some deep runs. He might be 27, but he doesn't have much mileage so he still has some time.

And I know the feeling, most of my favorites seem to be plagued by injuries too. It is especially frustrating in Delpo's case for me because he actually had (and maybe still has) the potential to win multiple Slams and be #1. Back in late 2009/early 2010 I thought he'd fight with Djokovic for #1 in the future, but it turns out very different fates were reserved for each of them. The fact that he is doing so great after surgery only makes me wonder how far he could have gone without it

Quote:
Your opinion on Nelson Oliveira?
Decent player, no more than that. Not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Hey Clownders, Benfica need a win at Camp Nou.Do you think Barca will play with B team and let them win?
I sure hope not, since I will be at Camp Nou to watch that match. I'm sure Messi will play as he is seeking after the record of goals in a single year. I hope Iniesta plays too at least.

Also, Benfica doesn't necessarily need to win, they only need to make the same result as Celtic ie if Celtic lose, Benfica advance anyway, if Celtic draw Benfica only need a draw. They only need to win if Celtic win (which they're favored to do, I concede).
Old 12-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #114
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

You're from portugal, right?
If that's so...

Do you have any opinion of Leandro Romagnoli? He used to play in Sporting Lisboa some years ago.
I... ask you this because he's a player from my Football team, one of the last "Big idols" of the club.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #115
country flag The Prince

Your opinion on Ricardo Sa Pinto?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
1-You're from portugal, right?
If that's so...

2-Do you have any opinion of Leandro Romagnoli? He used to play in Sporting Lisboa some years ago.
I... ask you this because he's a player from my Football team, one of the last "Big idols" of the club.
1-Right.

2-Yup, I remember him. He was a pretty good player for Sporting and a nice guy too. My best memory of him is from when he scored a pretty important goal against Benfica in the derby. He definitely left fond memories to Sporting fans here.

By your club I assume you mean San Lorenzo.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #117

Quote:
Your opinion on Ricardo Sa Pinto?
Never liked him and now that he had a stint managing Sporting I like him even less. He's an idiot, not to mention a frankly terrible manager
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #118
country flag Noserer
Banned!

Noserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond repute

Xavi is the best midfielder of the century. Do you agree?
Noserer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #119
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Bundesliga is an awesome league. Brilliant ticket prices, good football and the fans/ultras are among the best in the world.

Here's some more questions:

1 Best ever Sporting game?
2 Best ever Barcelona game?
3 Do you have a preferred English team?
4 How many slams will Del Potro, Tsonga, Berdych and Cilic finish their careers with?
5 What individual tennis result do you want to see next year?
6 Have you ever been outside your own continent?
7 Which MTFer would you want to meet the most?
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #120
country flag The Prince

Which is the better player? Rooney or Zlatan?