Q&A With Mark Lenders. - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #541
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Do you think Wawrinka's potential is at a Soderling/Berdych/Tsonga level? Or he is below them?

And do you think he can get back to the top 10 and stay there for some time or he will be his usual self (some great tournaments and losing to mugs the next week) forever?
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #542
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Would you kill 100 million people in order to save your own life? How abou 1 billion

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #543
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Did u watch Barca vs Real Madrid? If so what are your thoughts on the game?

Did u watch Bayern vs Dortmund? If so, what are your thoughts after that game?

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #544
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
1-Do you think Wawrinka's potential is at a Soderling/Berdych/Tsonga level? Or he is below them?

2-And do you think he can get back to the top 10 and stay there for some time or he will be his usual self (some great tournaments and losing to mugs the next week) forever?
1-Below them, most definitely. Soderling, Berdych and Tsonga are players who could realistically aspire to win a Slam in different (faster) conditions. In fact, even in today's conditions they have at least an outside (even if long) shot, after all they've all been to finals and beaten the top guys. All of them have some very consistent huge weapons that can carry them through, unlike Wawrinka. Even his BH, while a great shot, isn't exactly very consistent. Someone like Tsonga can always count on his serve and FH to get him through matches.

2-He can definitely reach the top 10, after all it's not like the field below the top 8 is very deep these days. I don't see him as a consistent threat though, his game and mentality are too flaky for that, look at how he imploded from a break up in every set of the Buenos Aires final. I think he can get some big wins and maybe reach a Slam semi sometime, but no more than that unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Would you kill 100 million people in order to save your own life? How abou 1 billion

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I'd like to think I wouldn't, but it's one of those questions you can only really know the answer to if actually presented with the choice, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
1-Did u watch Barca vs Real Madrid? If so what are your thoughts on the game?

2-Did u watch Bayern vs Dortmund? If so, what are your thoughts after that game?
1-Yup. It was a bit sad seeing Barca so powerless in a Clásico, but at least the league is ours and we'll see about the CL although I'm not optimistic. We need Tito back in the dugout soon I believe.

2-Yeah, total domination from Bayern, they could win the treble this season, amazing team.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #545
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Who will you support in the CL if Barca can't reverse the tie against Milan??

Do you think Juve has a chance of wining it??
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #546
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
1-Yup. It was a bit sad seeing Barca so powerless in a Clásico, but at least the league is ours and we'll see about the CL although I'm not optimistic. We need Tito back in the dugout soon I believe.

2-Yeah, total domination from Bayern, they could win the treble this season, amazing team.
Anyway, well deserved victory for Bayern. They were better side today, and Dortmund could barely get going. Dortmund were poor in defence and missed Hummels big time. He's no doubt the most important player for BVB at the moment, and if it wasn't for Weidenfeller and poor finishing it would have been more. Hummels' ability to read the game was really missed.

Bayern did a good job at keeping Gundogan from playing his game, which affected Reus and Gotze. Marco tried to get a hold and pull something out for BVB but couldn't quite do it. Lewandowski was completely isolated up front, as Dante & Van Buyten did a good job at keeping him quiet.

The better side won no doubt. No shame for BVB though in losing to the best team in the world atm.

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #547

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, had forgotten to answer these questions, better late than never though

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
1-Who will you support in the CL if Barca can't reverse the tie against Milan??

2-Do you think Juve has a chance of wining it??
1-The German clubs, especially Bayern. Should that fail, anyone but Real Madrid. But I hope Barca can turn it around.

2-Yes, I wouldn't make them favorites but they have the right skillset to be a big threat in a Cup format competition with one of the most solid defenses around especially, they definitely have a chance.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #548
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Who has more magic in his left foot, Rivaldo or Messi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #549
country flag TheBigFourFTW

TheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm new here

Here are my questions:
1. How would 2011 Djokovic go up against Prime Federer (2004-2006) on all Grand Slams?
2. Since I've just started, what was the peak year or time of the heated troll, flames wars of the MTF forums?
3. Peak Del Potro (2009) vs Peak Nadal (2008,2012) at Roland Garros?
4. Do you find Lleyton Hewitt's playing style boring? How does it compare to Ferrer and him as player?
5. Who hits harder: Berydch, Del Potro, Tsonga or Soderling?
6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNPkLEoKJSk Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa is world number #1 and this is a 19 year old just out of juniors. yet leads....

But no problem can be found?

Argument?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Kyrgios defeats Nadal 7-6 (7-5) 5-7 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 in 4 sets.
TheBigFourFTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Who has more magic in his left foot, Rivaldo or Messi?
Messi has more magic definitely, Rivaldo has more sheer power (although quite a lot of magic as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigFourFTW View Post
I'm new here

Here are my questions:
1. How would 2011 Djokovic go up against Prime Federer (2004-2006) on all Grand Slams?
2. Since I've just started, what was the peak year or time of the heated troll, flames wars of the MTF forums?
3. Peak Del Potro (2009) vs Peak Nadal (2008,2012) at Roland Garros?
4. Do you find Lleyton Hewitt's playing style boring? How does it compare to Ferrer and him as player?
5. Who hits harder: Berydch, Del Potro, Tsonga or Soderling?
6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNPkLEoKJSk Thoughts?
Welcome. I see you've been lurking based on your questions

1-Prime Federer would win everywhere (most of the time anyway), I believe, although not without difficulties on hardcourts and clay. Apart from being generally a better player, he's also a bad matchup for Djokovic with his variety, would never let Djokovic get into a rhythm. I believe Djokovic's best chance would come at the current AO courts (Plexicuxion, not Rebound Ace) where he can defend against Federer more effectively, but I'd still take Federer - in his prime he could make even very slow courts look quick with how early he took the ball and how clean he hit every time. Matchup advantage to Federer on all 4 Slams imo. Djokovic would have to play very differently from what he does now vs Federer to challenge him, waiting for Fed to eventually shank a shot is an effective strategy now for the most part, but it wasn't in his prime.

2-I've joined a year ago so can't really tell either, sorry.

3-Nadal would win in 4 tight sets most likely. Del Potro is a bad matchup for him (Nadal's topspin shots play right into his striking zone) and would definitely take at least a set assuming he's in his peak (so far anyway, hope his best is still to come), but Nadal would definitely grind him out over the course of a 5 set match. There'd be a better chance at an upset in a 3 set match. I believe it'd be similar to their 2011 DC match in Spain, only even higher quality since both were not in their peak at the time. It'd all come down to, unlike Del Potro, Nadal being supremely fit and capable of keeping up his level for 3,4,5 hours if needed.

4-No, Hewitt was a very complete player who excelled as a counterpuncher and played the percentages better than most (if not all) players in tennis history, I liked watching him play in his prime definitely. He's much better than Ferrer obviously, Ferrer is a marathon runner on the tennis court, Hewitt actually had a lot of court craft and was (still is) a pretty good tactician. The only similarity is that neither had big weapons to rely upon.

5-Del Potro hands down, he's perhaps the hardest hitter (consistently) tennis has ever seen. Del Potro >>> Soderling >> Berdych >> Tsonga in terms of power off both wings.

6-

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 03-10-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #551
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Mild Curry or Hot Curry?

Kebab or Pizza?

Peak Federer or Peak Nadal?

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
1-Mild Curry or Hot Curry?

2-Kebab or Pizza?

3-Peak Federer or Peak Nadal?
1-Hot. Not a big fan of curry though.

2-Kebab definitely.

3-Peak Federer was the better player, but H2H I'd have to go with Nadal - he has the right game to matchup against Federer.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #553
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Would you say a players peak is when they have their best results, or when they play their best?

Do you think Andy Murray has only just reached his peak?

argument.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
1-Would you say a players peak is when they have their best results, or when they play their best?

2-Do you think Andy Murray has only just reached his peak?
1-It's when they play their best, or rather when they're physically and mentally at the peak of their powers. Results are not a good indication because they depend on the player as much as on the competition around him.

2-Murray is in the middle of his peak years, about to become 26yo. He should remain that way for at least two more years I'd say before some decline in movement kicks in. Physically he's definitely at his peak.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #555
country flag ProdigyEng

Do you think Murray will win more slams?

argument.