Q&A With Mark Lenders. - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #301
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRickyDD View Post
1-Which international football team do you support?
2-What's your favourite Grand Slam?
3-Do you have any pets?
4-Which country did you support at the Olympics?
5-What do you think of Liverpool Football Club?
6-What do you think of Fulham Football Club?
7-Who's your favourite comedian?
1-I don't care too much about international football, but tend to side with my own country of course - Portugal.

2-US Open, it has always been the only Slam I can watch in its entirety without sacrificing hours of sleep/change my routine or anything (recently even more so since I have exams during the other three).

3-No, I don't.

4-Portugal

5-Great club, one of Europe's giants. Hope they can find a way out of their current slump and rise again soon.

6-They are just... there.

7-Hmm maybe Eddie Murphy. I don't watch much stand up comedy though.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #302
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yes, I rememeber the golden set, that was some great stuff. Of course it's harder to do that in the men's game where players, even journeyman, serve bigger and are likely to get at least one free service point and/or easy put away after serve.

1-Reus, one of my favorite players.

2-Messi of course

3-If you had asked me this question even a year ago, I'd have said football easily. These days, it's tennis though.

4-Bundesliga, best league in the world

5-Euros, every match tends to be competitive more so than at the World Cup

6-Neuer

7-Falcao

8-Ronaldo (by those who think he's the best in the world/on a par with Messi) and Ibrahimovic come to mind

9-Busquets, Reus, Aguero, Gomez...

10-Gasquet, Dimitrov, Goffin and Ferrer. I guess no one even rates Tomic anymore.

11-Del Potro, Cilic and Nadal (although his tards overrating him kind of makes up for the general underrating of his talent/achievements)

12-The Simpsons, they are the original.

13-Hmm maybe something like: 1-Del Potro 2-Tsonga 3-Nishikori 4-Berdych 5-Cilic I have a lot of favorite though (relatively speaking) and their order might change at any time, I like them all equally Delpo at #1 is kind of secure since he's the only one whose career I followed from the very start.

14-I'd go with Mata. Silva is more flashy, but Mata is the more complete player and generally has better end product too. Close call though.
I agree with Busquets and Reus for your under-rated players list. Aguero gets a lot of credit over here, so i can't say he's under-rated. Great footballer though. Busquets is known for his play acting, and that overshadows that he's a very good footballer.

I agree on Mata vs Silva too

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #303
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think of Dante?

And seen as though you asked me Post your Champions League last 16 draw?

Old 12-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #304

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
1-What do you think of Dante?

2-And seen as though you asked me Post your Champions League last 16 draw?
1-His hairstyles are always very peculiar Seriously, I think he's a very good player and was a great signing for Bayern. He's extremely solid and fit enough to play a full season with no injuries or fatigue, it's kind of a shame for the league both he and Reus left Gladbach.

2-

Arsenal vs Barcelona
Milan vs Dortmund
Porto vs Malaga
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich
Valencia vs PSG
Shakhtar vs Schalke
Celtic vs United
Galatasaray vs Juventus
Old 12-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #305
country flag nazzac

Arsenal vs Barcelona again eh . I was going to put that, but then i though that i want something a little different, so i choose Arsenal vs Bayern. Either way, Arsenal get a tough draw. In reality, they'll end up getting Malaga

I will ask for you predictions after the draw is made tomorrow.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #306

Quote:
Arsenal vs Barcelona again eh . I was going to put that, but then i though that i want something a little different, so i choose Arsenal vs Bayern. Either way, Arsenal get a tough draw. In reality, they'll end up getting Malaga

I will ask for you predictions after the draw is made tomorrow.
Yup, the sooner Arsenal are eliminated, the better. If it can't be Barca taking care of it, let someone like Bayern or something do it. Everyone but Malaga really.

And sounds cool, I'll ask for yours in your thread as well
Old 12-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #307
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yup, the sooner Arsenal are eliminated, the better. If it can't be Barca taking care of it, let someone like Bayern or something do it. Everyone but Malaga really.

And sounds cool, I'll ask for yours in your thread as well
The sooner both English clubs are out the better. Then we'll get some good quality football on ITV for the remainder of the competition

Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #308
country flag nazzac

So, whats your Champions League last 16 predictions...

Galatasary vs Schalke
Celtic vs Juventus
Real Madrid vs Man United
Arsenal vs Bayern Munich
Shakhtar vs Dortmund
AC Milan vs Barcelona
Porto vs Malaga
Valencia vs PSG

Old 12-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #309

Quote:
So, whats your Champions League last 16 predictions...

Galatasary vs Schalke
Celtic vs Juventus
Arsenal vs Bayern Munich
Shakhtar vs Dortmund
AC Milan vs Barcelona
Porto vs Malaga
Valencia vs PSG
Galatasary vs Schalke

Easy picking for the Germans. Expect little suspense in this one, Galatasaray are quite lucky to have got this far and their run will end here.

80-20 for the Germans

Celtic vs Juventus

Another side who is very lucky to have gone past the group stages, Juventus should have little trouble disposing of them although the first leg in Scotland could be tricky.

75-25 for Juve

This is a more interesting one for sure. Although Real were second in the group stages, I think they are the better team of the two and they will more focused on the Champions League with Barcelona 13 points ahead in La Liga. But United are pretty strong themselves especially in Cup competitions and could very well Real, the second leg at home will only help them. Besides, Real Madrid will have El Clásico to deal wit during this tie.

55-45 for Madrid

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

People are probably expecting an exciting tie but I don't think we will see one. Bayern are considerably stronger in all areas of the pitch and would have to fuck up big time for this to be a contest. Having lost two finals in the last three years, Bayern are among the favorites again and it is unlikely that it will be Arsenal to derail them.

75-25 for Bayern

Shakhtar vs Dortmund

This one should be exciting, two of the most attacking and entertaining teams in Europe and both on the rise. I expect Dortmund to eventually prevail, but don't be surprised if Shakhtar make an upset.

60-40 Dortmund

AC Milan vs Barcelona

Like Arsenal vs Bayern, this matchup is more exciting on paper than it is likely to be on the pitch. Milan were soundly beaten by Barcelona last season and they've only become weaker since, while Barcelona remain as dominant as ever. Expect Messi, Iniesta and co. to make mince meat of Milan's weakened defense.

80-20 for Barcelona

Porto vs Malaga

Malaga are the group winners here, but Porto are the stronger and more experienced side and should prevail over two legs. Wouldn't rule out an upset though, as Malaga have the quality to do it. Whoever wins here will be a very strong dark horse I think, especially if it's Porto.

65-35 Porto

Valencia vs PSG

This is the most intriguing tie of the round, I believe, it's really hard to call. PSG have the millions on their side, but Valencia are no slouches themselves and are more experienced as a club at this level and they don't have to worry about La Liga anymore. I think they'll edge it.

50-50
Old 12-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #310
country flag nazzac

We agree on all except the last 2. But tbh, they are close ties that will divide opinion

Old 12-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #311
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Agree in most of them. But I think Arsenal can beat Bayern and Malaga will beat Porto.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Agree in most of them. But I think Arsenal can beat Bayern and Malaga will beat Porto.
I think Bayern will win rather routinely. They will not let Arsenal control possession and relentlessly exploit Arsenal's defensive weakness. I suppose it's not impossible for Arsenal, but it'd have to be a smash and grab job: Bayern are stronger in every area of the pitch, especially in midfield and will seize control of the match even on the road I think.

As for Malaga vs Porto, I'd expect Porto's superior experience at this level to prevail, not to mention they're pretty strong this season.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #313
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

I think Bayern might actually go into the 2nd leg narrowly behind, before pummelling Arsenal at the Allianz.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I think Bayern might actually go into the 2nd leg narrowly behind, before pummelling Arsenal at the Allianz.
I don't know. I can't see Arsenal controlling the game even at home. It's a matchup where Arsenal will be forced to defend a lot more than they want to and are comfortable with.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #315
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't trust their defence not to concede sloppy goals. It's cost them in previous CL campaigns. But Arsenal are cannon fodder on their travels. Even average Milan side thumped them at the San Siro.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote