Q&A With Mark Lenders. - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #211
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
There's a lot to say about that, but in short I believe it constitutes a serious violation of the freedom of religion on quite a few levels and is a disproportionate measure.
How do you feel about the ban on public nudity most places in the world? Is it as bad banning too little clothing as it is banning too much?
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #212
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Whats your favourate movie ?
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #213
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
How do you feel about the ban on public nudity most places in the world? Is it as bad banning too little clothing as it is banning too much?
It is very different. Limitations to the freedom of religion, or any other freedom, are justifiable when they promote the greater good, that is when their exercise ineluctably disturbs public order. While I for one have absolutely no problem with nudity, it is quite understandable/justifiable why a lot/most people do and why a lot of people walking naked on the streets would be bound to create social chaos.

You can't possibly offer a plausible justification for banning the niqab though, in no way does it offend public order in any defensible way, certainly not to an extent that could justify such limitation to the freedom of religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Whats your favourate movie ?
I have a lot of favorite movies of all types/genres, to name a few: Forrest Gump, Rain Man, Casablanca, Titanic, The Devil Wears Prada, Napoleon Dynamite, Star Wars Trilogy (the final ones too I guess), The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Godfather Trilogy, Beautiful Loser, some Disney movies, some animated movies.... and many more really, I used to watch a lot of movies, although not so much these days. If I had to pick a favorite one(s), would probably go with the Back to the Future trilogy, love those.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #214
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Shame this match wasn't in the anime. Is Ryōma Hino's tornado shot actually more powerful than Hyuga's shot? I didn't read the manga of this chapter.

Quote:
At this point, Sweden Youth's science delegation notes that the shot Hino did had a speed of 250 km/h and an impact value of 380 max - both exceeding their previous measurement of Hyuga's Raiju Shoot.
Is this true?
http://captaintsubasa.wikia.com/wiki/Ryoma_Hino

So Hino's is the most powerful shot in the Manga? What about schneider's fire shot? Is it weaker than Hino's and Hyuga's shots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #215
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Hino/Hyuga was one of the best rivalries imo.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #216

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Shame this match wasn't in the anime. Is Ryōma Hino's tornado shot actually more powerful than Hyuga's shot? I didn't read the manga of this chapter.

Is this true?
http://captaintsubasa.wikia.com/wiki/Ryoma_Hino

So Hino's is the most powerful shot in the Manga? What about schneider's fire shot? Is it weaker than Hino's and Hyuga's shots?
Embarassing article, seems like I need to dedicate a few of my uni lectures to editing Captain Tsubasa articles on Wikipedia

There are no measurements for Sneijder's fire shot, but I believe it's a bit weaker.

And yes, it's a shame the Captain Tsubasa J anime didn't include the Asian Cup and the World Youth, would have been epic

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 12-17-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #217

Quote:
Hino/Hyuga was one of the best rivalries imo.
I agree. I loved the entire Real Japan 7 arc both in the manga and the anime mostly because of the dynamics of their rivalry.

BTW, notice how I knew exactly where to find the shot speed page #animeandmangageek #captaintsubasafanboy
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #218
country flag Nole Rules

Quote:
Embarassing article, seems like I need to dedicate a few of my uni lectures to editing Captain Tsubasa articles on Wikipedia

There are no measurements for Sneijder's fire shot, but I believe it's a bit weaker.

And yes, it's a shame the Captain Tsubasa J anime didn't include the Asian Cup and the World Youth, would have been epic

Thanks. I felt something was wrong.
That swede captain has a killer shot too. Forgot his name.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #219
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Worst poster on MTF (apart from me, obviously)?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #220
country flag Nole Rules

Quote:
I agree. I loved the entire Real Japan 7 arc both in the manga and the anime mostly because of the dynamics of their rivalry.

BTW, notice how I knew exactly where to find the shot speed page #animeandmangageek #captaintsubasafanboy
So true.
What's your best 5 rivalries in the manga? and What's your fav 10 shots in the manga? Rank them from the most fav to the least fav.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #221

Quote:

Thanks. I felt something was wrong.
That swede captain has a killer shot too. Forgot his name.
Glad I cleared that up, any such questions you should always ask me

The Swede captain's name was Levin and yes his Levin Shoot was pretty powerful.

If you ever feel like reading the mangas, here's a helpful link

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Worst poster on MTF (apart from me, obviously)?
It's between Action Jackson and Corey Feldman. Failman takes it due to sheer volume of relentless stupidity and idiocy and lack of redeeming qualities.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #222

Quote:
So true.
What's your best 5 rivalries in the manga? and What's your fav 10 shots in the manga? Rank them from the most fav to the least fav.
Great question

Rivalries:

1-Lenders* vs Hino

2-Sneijder vs Wakabayashi

3-Lenders vs the Toho manager (don't know if this counts as a rivalry, but the whole saga in the first series was pretty good).

4-Tsubasa vs Naturezza (because Tsubasa gets shown up time and again)

5-Shingo Aoi vs Gentille/Misugi vs Tsubasa/Tsubasa vs Santana (only at the start)/Tsubasa vs Hyuga (it was cool at times even if frustrating)/Tsubasa vs Rivaul (also because he keeps getting shown up)

Shots:

1-Raiju Shot (Lenders)

2-Tiger Shot/Neo Tiger Shot (Lenders)

3-Eagle Shot (Matsuyama)

4-Kakudo 0 no Shoot (Naturezza)

5-Tornado Shot (Hino)

6-Fire Shot (Sneijder)

7-Drive Shot (Misugi)

8-Boomerang Shot (Misaki)

9-Arrow Shot (Santana)

10-Levine Shoot (Levin)

There are many more great shots, but if I have to narrow it down to 10, that's it.

*Hope you don't mind me calling him Lenders, just not used to calling him Hyuga.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #223
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Favourate Dragonball series episode ?
Favourate Beyblade episode ?
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
1-Favourate Dragonball series episode ?
2-Favourate Beyblade episode ?
1-Not exactly a huge Dragon Ball fan (I prefer Pokemon and especially Digimon in this genre), but would maybe go with episode 101, The Fallen, where Goku and Tien Shinham finish their battle in the air.

2-I am a big fan

First season - Episode 16, My Enemy, My Friend, where Ray and Mariah play each other in the Asian tournament

V-Force - episode 90 (39 of the series), The Bit Beast Bond, with Tyson and Ozuma figthing it out in the amusement park, one of the best beybattles in the entire series and some awesome dialogue and introspect into Ozuma's mission.

G-Revolution - Episode 125 (23), Ray And Kai: The Ultimate Face-off..., where Kai and Ray have an epic beybattle in the World Championship, and episode 48, Beyblading Spirit, where Kai gets his revenge against Brooklin.

Overall, probably episode 90.

I don't like the new seasons, they just replaced the whole cast with dull characters and ridiculous plots For me, Beyblade will always be about Kai, Ray, Max, Kenny and even Tyson.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #225
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

How about a complete list of all the anime you enjoy/enjoyed?
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote