Q&A With Mark Lenders. - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #181
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Oh shame, I only have PS3, oh well

Yeah, Sampras and Nadal are good too, Agassi as well. Federer sucks big time, it's hilarious, the game makes it look like he is the mug of the week or something I am convinced Murray paid 2k or something, he's irrealistically good in the game. I took very long to finally beat him on expert.

I created a pro too, but he doesn't exactly play long rallies: Power 100 Serve 91 Forehand 89 Del Potro on steroids if you will. I initially created this player to face similar power players online, but I've grown to love playing with him actually, the game often frustrates me because of how slow it is and how hard it is to hit winners vs good players, my pro eliminates that problem

1-No, I don't play tennis. Used to at a purely recreational level, but not anymore. Too lazy I guess.

2-I definitely think I'd be an attacking player, aggressive from the baseline, looking to dictate and finish points off. That's the kind of tennis I enjoy most so I'd like to believe that's how I would play
I took my first pro through career, and i didn't really like him, so after i unlocked the 50,000 fast builder thing, i deleted him and created a 100 power pro, a serve and Volleyer, Ultra defensive player and an all rounder. I like playing with my all roudner the most.

With Murray, i struggle against him with most players, but with my 100 power pro, i destroy him. I used him in my first match against Murray on expert and beat him 6-0,6-2

I play a little. My game is very comparable to Tsonga's haha

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #182
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
I took my first pro through career, and i didn't really like him, so after i unlocked the 50,000 fast builder thing, i deleted him and created a 100 power pro, a serve and Volleyer, Ultra defensive player and an all rounder. I like playing with my all roudner the most.

With Murray, i struggle against him with most players, but with my 100 power pro, i destroy him. I used him in my first match against Murray on expert and beat him 6-0,6-2
It took me a couple of seconds to realize you were talking about video game tennis, and then I was like "Ohhhhh!"
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #183
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
On a TS4 career, which scoring format do you use?
3 sets, 6 games. (5 sets, 6 games in Slams)

Quote:

I see. I can beat anyone with my all power pro really My main problem with TS4 is that it generally favors defense/pushing as it's very hard to hit a winner with normal players, but it's almost impossible to beat a power player no matter the difference in skill ie George (The Bulldog) double bagelled me once with Nadal vs Djokovic, in the next match I switched to my power pro (and he stayed with Nadal) and routined him

Awesome that your game is comparable to Tsonga. I'm sure your BH and ROS are better tho
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #184
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Do you find TS4 easy on expert? In career mode, how often do you lose and at what stage?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #185
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Awesome that your game is comparable to Tsonga. I'm sure your BH and ROS are better tho
This is me In comparison to others i play with. Good serve, good volleys, good forehand, bad back-hand, bad ROS. I play aggressively too.

Sounds like Tsonga doesn't it

Although, i don't think my ROS is as weak at my level as Tsonga's at his.

Question:

If only one of your favourites could win a slam in the future. Which one would you want it to be?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #186

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you find TS4 easy on expert? In career mode, how often do you lose and at what stage?
It's generally easy, yes, except against Murray, who can I only easily beat with my pro.

Quote:
This is me In comparison to others i play with. Good serve, good volleys, good forehand, bad back-hand, bad ROS. I play aggressively too.

Question:

If only one of your favourites could win a slam in the future. Which one would you want it to be?
Yup, you do sound like Tsonga

That's a very tough question, I'd go for Ancic but that'd be cheating since he's retired unfortunately. I'd probably go with Tsonga, I feel he deserves a Slam more than any other Slamless player at the moment due to how entertaining his game is and the way he plays explosive, risky tennis in this era where high percentage tennis rules.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #187
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I know this is Lenders' question thread, but what surface do you play on and what standard?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #188

Quote:
I know this is Lenders' question thread, but what surface do you play on and what standard?
It's ok. I don't mind, actually encourage the thread to have as informal a tone as possible and posters to be plesant and get to know each other
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #189
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Hard, and okay. I sometimes play on the Park with mates which is poor , and play at a small club which the surface is decent but quite slow. I don't get coaching or anything, we just play matches.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #190
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Let's ask something. I'm kinda bored and want to chat.

Mr. Lenders, you probably answered it before, but if not, I'd like to know... Why did you choose the japanese flag in your mtf profile?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Let's ask something. I'm kinda bored and want to chat.

Mr. Lenders, you probably answered it before, but if not, I'd like to know... Why did you choose the japanese flag in your mtf profile?
Because the username I selected - Mark Lenders - is a character of a Japanese anime/manga series - Captain Tsubasa. Just seemed fitting to use the Japanese flag, especially as I'm a fan of a lot of things Japanese although unfortunately I've never been to Japan.

Also, it's Friday nights, there's no shortage of places you could go to fight that boredom
Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #192
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because the username I selected - Mark Lenders - is a character of a Japanese anime/manga series - Captain Tsubasa. Just seemed fitting to use the Japanese flag, especially as I'm a fan of a lot of things Japanese although unfortunately I've never been to Japan.

Also, it's Friday nights, there's no shortage of places you could go to fight that boredom
Oh, I will... I should be at my friend's house in 30 minutes.

So... I'd be there in 2 hours.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #193
country flag The Prince

Do you think I can go all the way in PopCon? Or am I not at the required standard?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #194

Quote:
Do you think I can go all the way in PopCon? Or am I not at the required standard?
You have what it takes. You are nice and you post a lot in a lot of chat threads - since it's held in NT, the contest is obviously biased towards chat thread juggernauts. The problem for you might be that there are a few posters with similar characteristics who might have been around for longer and they might edge you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Oh, I will... I should be at my friend's house in 30 minutes.

So... I'd be there in 2 hours.
I see you're not the most punctual guy around
Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #195
country flag The Prince

If I donate a win to you on TS4, would you change from abstaining to voting for me in the QF?