(Q) Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) def (WC)(1) Domonik Hrbaty (SVK) 7/6 7/6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-14-2004, 02:56 PM   #1
country flag Domino

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default (Q) Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) def (WC)(1) Domonik Hrbaty (SVK) 7/6 7/6

He did it! Great job Marcos!
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2004, 02:57 PM   #2
country flag Supersonik

Supersonik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: (Q) Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) def (WC)(1) Domonik Hrbaty (SVK) 7/6 7/6

Congratulations Marcos and now it's time to qualify for some more ATP main draws in 2005.

I hope he keeps playing with a smile on his face.
Supersonik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:03 PM   #3
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo marcos
Old 11-14-2004, 03:04 PM   #4
country flag Domino

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

If he sticks with that coach he had at the US Open, I think he's going to keep that smile. That guy had to have been the coolest coach the comentators interviewed. He said stuff like "It is important for Marcos to have fun" and on the same tone as that. I know that most coaches say that, but it seemed like that was his whole philosophy on the game.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
country flag RPH

RPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond repute

Marcos

Glad Hrbaty lost should never be playing in a challenger with his ranking
RPH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:06 PM   #6
country flag FryslanBoppe

FryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant future

Great stuff Marcos. I hope he tries to qualify for the Aus Open, if he does he will get a lot of support from the Greek community in Melbourne.

Thanks for that piece of news Domino, it's good to hear and what I saw of Marcos I liked so far.
FryslanBoppe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:07 PM   #7

FryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPH

Glad Hrbaty lost should never be playing in a challenger with his ranking
Hrbaty was playing at home and it's not like Bratislava is the epicentre of the tennis world.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:09 PM   #8
country flag Domino

btw, his ranking is going to shoot up to about 152, up more than 50 places after this result. Man, he went through Beck and then Hrbaty, two really good players, especially the latter.

Yes, the Greeks should support him, since he is from the Greek portion of Cyprus. I think any crowd could warm up to him, considering his personality.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino
btw, his ranking is going to shoot up to about 152, up more than 50 places after this result. Man, he went through Beck and then Hrbaty, two really good players, especially the latter.

Yes, the Greeks should support him, since he is from the Greek portion of Cyprus. I think any crowd could warm up to him, considering his personality.
He would be foolish not to play the qualies of the Aus Open, as he would have a very good chance on Rebound Ace and he did win the juniors there.

The Greeks will support him especially since Sampras has retired and Danilidou is very up and down.

I am travelling from the cold winter to the Aus Open, so I hope he shows up.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:14 PM   #10
country flag Domino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryslanBoppe
He would be foolish not to play the qualies of the Aus Open, as he would have a very good chance on Rebound Ace and he did win the juniors there.

The Greeks will support him especially since Sampras has retired and Danilidou is very up and down.
And since Mark is playing like shit.

Yeah, he should try to qualify. He should also try hard to maybe get his ranking high enough to enter directly, if he wins a couple more challengers before the cutoff next year.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:15 PM   #11
country flag -wokkel-

-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute

Marcos!!

Check Marcos' cheering thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...5&page=1&pp=15

Tomas Berdych | Marcos Baghdatis | Gilles Muller | Novak Djokovic | Janko Tipsarevic | Nicolas Kiefer | Dudi Sela | Richard Gasquet
-wokkel- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino
And since Mark is playing like shit.

Yeah, he should try to qualify. He should also try hard to maybe get his ranking high enough to enter directly, if he wins a couple more challengers before the cutoff next year.
The Poo really stinks at the moment and needs a WC for the Aus Open.

I mean if he qualifies and wins 2 rounds which he is very capable of that will help his ranking in a big way. Though injury free next season, there could be some big strides.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:32 PM   #13
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very nice result for him. I would have preferred to have seen Dominik win it, but it doesn't really matter.. Karol lost in the semis

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:33 PM   #14

I am still stunned that great Mecir played at this event.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:33 PM   #15
country flag RPH

RPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond reputeRPH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryslanBoppe
Hrbaty was playing at home and it's not like Bratislava is the epicentre of the tennis world.
That's not a good enough excuse IMO
No top 50 player should be playing challengers let alone somebody ranked #14 in the world
And Hrbaty has been in great form it's not one of those situations where you are in a slump and it's a good idea to go to a challenger
RPH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote