The "Waiting For Paulo's Comeback" Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute
Wink The "Waiting For Paulo's Comeback" Thread

Guideline to stay as Paulo fan/supporter:

#1 Make sure you're in a good health condition when you're about to watch Paulo's match or following live SB. Live matches can damage your health further than you originally thought!

#2 If you're watching a live coverage on TV, switch to live SB whenever the match is too tight. Paulo wants you to stay ALIVE after the match. Secret: If you suspect a bad loss, don't watch the end of the match. Just turn it off!

#3 It is advised that you stay out of other part of MTF during the match or after his loss.

#4 In case of a bad loss, find at least one positivity from the match. It might be something as silly as "He's hotter than the last time I saw him!" or "That ugly shirt does look good on him!"

#5 In case of a HORRIBLE loss (eg. losing after a tremendous lead and/or having MP(s))... It is strongly advised that you stay out of any part of the internet world, but here GM is prohibited for a few days after the match!!

#7 Recall your Paulo's great memory:
- You may take a look at a tape of his winning matches, for example; vs Canas in Montreal...
- You may read some of a beautiful quotes from Paulo.
- Shirtless pictures (or even shortless picture ) work too

And you'll find a way back from there

#8 Avoid using smileys such as , , or anything with tears. Won't make things any better. is suggested instead of those drama queen smileys.

#9 Recall the (far) worse memories like DC 2002, Coria in Monteal, etc. Just think to yourself, what a journey it has been. Appreciate his effort. What he does is extraordinary. It's important to remember that. You know how easy it is to give up, but he doesn't! How cool is that?!!

#10 If he loses a match, blame it on everything you can think of!
1) His opponent is too good.
2) The freakin' wind/rain
3) Mismatched clothes or new shoes?
4) Court surface. (Too fast/too slow)
5) The ball. (Too round?)
6) The coach(es). (Where the heck are they? )
7) Simply just isn't his day.
8) God sucks or he's late for work.
9) He has something on his mind. Just isn't there.
10) Pure (bad) luck, this loss.

#11 Think of something positive and POST it. It helps.

#12 Take a break. The sun will come up tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day

#13 Enjoy your other favorites' wins as much as possible Come back here with a smile.

And remember, it takes a lot of courage to even think of supporting him It takes a special person so thank you on behave of one of his long-time fans.

P Musketeer

Last edited by Ome : 12-21-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Ome is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute
Talking PHM Chat

Chat #1
Chat #2
Chat #3
Chat #4
Chat #5

Maria
Things are back to normal... almost But I'm about to go because of all the exams!
How about you?

You're so nice Genci

Last edited by Carlita : 04-05-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Ome is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Zadig et Voltaire Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
Maria
Things are back to normal... almost But I'm about to go because of all the exams!
How about you?

You're so nice Genci
You have the last exam coming up? Good luck. Then you get some Xmas break I suppose.
I'm doing OK, should be getting back to work. But MTF is too addictive.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
country flag Ome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
You have the last exam coming up? Good luck. Then you get some Xmas break I suppose.
I'm doing OK, should be getting back to work. But MTF is too addictive.
There's no Xmas break here, unfortunately But I'll sneak around it... will just announce my own holiday
Internet - overall - is addictive
Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's no Xmas break here, unfortunately But I'll sneak around it... will just announce my own holiday
Internet - overall - is addictive
Boooo, so the lectures will start soon again?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
country flag Ome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Boooo, so the lectures will start soon again?
Yep, it'll start on Tuesday
Old 12-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Yep, it'll start on Tuesday
Old 12-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: " Sunday, 1 December, 2002 "

Quote:
I'm more concerned about the confidence issue. If only he can feel more comfortable out there again... I know anything can happen

Rotterdam and Zagreb? He can take his gf to Dubai for a hot romantic getaway again
I hope I don't jinx him, but he has the worst luck in the beginning of the year A few (serious) injuries in the AO I just hope he makes it through perfectly healthy in 2009!
Well, indeed! I hope, that Courteau might help with this, though it's up to Paulo himself in a whole

Oh, I didn't think about Zagreb Seems a strange decision to me for some reason
It's time for tennis gods to work off their fee 'Cause it's always been a tough luck for Paulo with all those injuries

Ah, Jai, so your exams are almost over? And it's a new semester starts on Tuesday already?

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #9
Sharon

Quote:
Marshall is freakin' crazy!!
Robin is getting weirder and weirder every episode

Barney The bartender was really lame

I love that scene!!! Serena... it's so obvious that she belongs with Dan
I really like Blair's stepdad

They made it seems like such a BIG secret... I mean, she had an abortion --- so what?
Marshall is... legendary.

The bartender and his Toupee Barney was

I think every scene with CHuck and Blair I almost cried... that episode was too good. I want to watch it again but I have to study for exams... TWO MORE but then it's break

BUT what if... Lily didn't have an abortion and Serena's brother is really Rufus' son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
Go vote for Paulo if you haven't already!! He will especially need the help of his regular supporters this round
Where is this link?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the link to vote for Paulo!

Allez Les Bleus
Old 12-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #11
Sharon

Thanks tufani What is your real name??

I only voted for Paulo and Gulbis even though I wanted to vote for half the people in there almost I didn't know Gulbis was so popular
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #12
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

I'm Olga

Yeah, Gulbis is sooo popular on MTF I don't get where all this popularity came from, actually He even beats Marat

Well, I voted for all the Frenchies in previous rounds And now only for Paulo and Richard

Allez Les Bleus
Old 12-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #13
country flag Ome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post

BUT what if... Lily didn't have an abortion and Serena's brother is really Rufus' son
That would be shockingly lame
Old 12-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #14
country flag Ome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post

Yeah, Gulbis is sooo popular on MTF I don't get where all this popularity came from, actually He even beats Marat

Well, I voted for all the Frenchies in previous rounds And now only for Paulo and Richard
I have the exact same thought about Gulbis He's too cute for my liking

I thought Richard already has so many fans so my vote was only for Paulo. Well, I have to be faithful... our anniversary just passed
Old 12-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #15
country flag Ome

Darn... I really miss Mister Zadig et Voltaire fanatic I wish we have some sort of GPS on him so we'd know where he is... media is useless these days

BTW, Olga... the woman we're talking about in the PM, she has a Facebook account!!