! ATP Tour - The Game 2005 ! - News, Rules & Sign-Up - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #1
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default ! ATP Tour - The Game 2005 ! - News, Rules & Sign-Up

Hey everyone

Some of you may remember the 'ATP Tour - The Game' that I ran some time this year. Well, the good news is that this game will be relaunched the next year! GeorgeWHitler told me he wanted the game to make a restart and said that he would run it. I will be helping him out occasionally, and anyone else who wants to help out is more than welcome!

Those who do not know what this game is about, will read about it below. Those who do know should pay attention to some slight changes For instance, we will use the ATP Calendar of 2005. That means, we will play all weeks long, all events on the ATP Tour! And you can no longer pick just any two players; everyone is limited to one player in the Top 20 (we will use the ranking that will be published later in this thread).

TOUR DIRECTORS:

GeorgeWHitler & CooCooCachoo
We are welcoming new directors too! PM us if you want to be a part of this unique game

SUGGESTIONS & NOTES:

- As some might know, this game originates on WTAworld, where it run by the lovely S-T-E-V-E . To do his hard work justice, we will want to stick to this version of the game as much as possible. However, we have made some changes, because of some differences between MTF and WTAworld (e.g. MTF has fewer members. Hence we allow every poster to select two players to play with).
- Participate with zeal and vigour! Try not to forget about this game when you leave the game's forum.
- Be as bitchy or nice as you want.
- Points can be sent in before the start of every tournament. Deadlines will be clearly stated. Once a tournament has started, you cannot change your points.
- Respect the other players, respect the directors and respect yourself!
- Have fun!
- Write articles They will make the game more fun!
- Check the rules thread frequently, because rules can change!

THE RULES:

For this game, you have a certain number of points to divide into 3 sets (5 for Grand Slams and TMS Series finals). This number of points is the minimum of 200 + the amount of surface points you have for the surface the tournament is played on.

You have to split 20 surface points on these four surfaces:

Hard
Grass
Carpet
Clay

There is a maximum of 10 points per surface!

For example:

Hard:0
Grass:5
Carpet10
Clay:5

In this case, that would mean that you can split 205 points into five sets for Roland Garros (Grand Slam, Clay); and 205 in three sets for the Gerry Weber Open in Halle (International Series, Grass).

You will also play doubles. I will add the singles points of you and your doubles partner together.

So how do we decide the score? We do that based on the difference between your and your opponent's points:

Difference between the points:
150 or more - the set is 6-0
120-149 - the set is 6-1
90-119 - the set is 6-2
60-89 - the set is 6-3
30-59 - the set is 6-4
9-29 - the set is 7-5
8 - the set is 7-6 (0)
7 - the set is 7-6 (1)
6 - the set is 7-6 (2)
5 - the set is 7-6 (3)
4 - the set is 7-6 (4)
3 - the set is 7-6 (5)
2 - the set is 7-6 (6)
1 - the set is 7-6 (7)
0 - we flip a coin and the score will be 7-6 (9) for the winner of the coin toss

For example:

You: 5-10-80-5-100
Your Opponent: 10-5-5-100-80

You would win 6-7(3) 7-6(3) 6-3 2-6 7-5

Remember:

- For regular tournaments (International Series, International Series Gold, Tennis Masters Series and Challengers), split the points into three sets.
- For Grand Slams, Davis Cup, Tennis Masters Cup and Tennis Masters Series Finals, split the points into five sets.

The way you want to split those points is all up to you. You can have all points in one set, or you can split them evenly. As long as the total number of points adds up to your surface points + 200, it is fine with us!

Think of a good strategy before you send in your points! Whoever has the most points in a set wins the set. In case of a tie, we will flip a coin. You can see this as a net ball Sending in your points has to be done via a PM to the ATPTOUR account which will be created

HOW TO SIGN UP:

You can sign up whenever you like. Even if it is halfway through the year, you can still join the game. But, for your ranking, it would be best to join as soon as possible!
Signing up can be done by stating the two players you'd like (remember: a maximum of one top 20 player. The available and taken players will be mentioned in a later post) to play with. Do so in this thread, or send George or CooCooCachoo a PM. Of course, if you want, you can also select just one player.

AND THEN...

Once you have picked your player(s), be sure to commit to tournaments! The Tournament Calendar will be posted later as well; you can commit in the special Commitment Threads that will be made once the forum is operational again! Remember.. We start in 2005

Also, don't forget to pick your doubles partner!

If you have any further questions or comments, just PM us!

So sign up and have fun!

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

Last edited by CooCooCachoo : 11-15-2004 at 08:34 AM.
CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
Buddy

Buddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeBuddy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ! ATP Tour - The Game 2005 ! - News, Rules & Sign-Up

Rainer Schuettler and Max Mirnyi pls!!!
Don't be deceived by the rankings!! Coria, Roddick, Mirnyi, Schuettler, Fish, Safin, Henman, Tursunov, Ljubicic, Bovina, Li Na, Ivanovic, Chan YJ, Dementieva, Vinci, Sugiyama, Coetzer, Tanasugarn, Vaidisova, Zheng, Dokic and Kournikova are the world's best tennis players in the world!!!
Buddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:39 PM   #3
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ! ATP Tour - The Game 2005 ! - News, Rules & Sign-Up

ok thanks alot i would like to join, i suppose george has already picked gaudio?

my choices are (if not already taken, i would like two)
1 Gaudio
2 Volandri

Last edited by joeb_uk : 11-14-2004 at 12:45 PM.
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:48 PM   #4
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

joeb, could you swap Gaudio for Canas?

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:53 PM   #5
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like fun Can I have David please (what a surprise!), and Agustin Calleri. Thanks.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

which two players do you want to pick george?
Old 11-14-2004, 12:56 PM   #7
country flag FryslanBoppe

FryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant future

1. Fernando Gonzalez
2. Jiri Novak

Last edited by FryslanBoppe : 11-14-2004 at 01:50 PM.
FryslanBoppe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:58 PM   #8
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
which two players do you want to pick george?
Gaudio
Zabaleta or Mantilla

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-14-2004, 01:00 PM   #9
country flag joeb_uk

ok my picks are mantilla and volandri

you can choose gaudio and zabaleta? is that ok?
Old 11-14-2004, 01:11 PM   #10
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
ok my picks are mantilla and volandri

you can choose gaudio and zabaleta? is that ok?
Fine

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-14-2004, 01:12 PM   #11
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

The Tournament Calendar:

Week: Tournament (Surface - ID):

Week 1....Qater ExxonMobil Open - Doha, Qatar (OH)
Week 1....Next Generation Hardcourts - Adelaide, Australia (OH)
Week 1....TATA Open - Chennai, India (OH)

Week 2....Heineken Open - Auckland, New Zealand (OH)
Week 2....Adidas International - Sydney, Australia (OH)

Week 3....Australian Open - Melbourne, Australia (OH)
Week 4....Australian Open - Melbourne, Australia (OH)

Week 5....Indesit ATP Milan Indoors - Milan, Italy (IC)
Week 5....Millennium International Tennis Championships - Delray Beach, Florida, USA (OH)
Week 5....BellSouth Open - Vina del Mar, Chile (C)

Week 6....Open 13 - Marseilles, France (IH)
Week 6....SAP Open - San Jose, California, USA (IH)
Week 6....ATP Buenos Aires 2005 - Buenos Aires, Argentina (C)

Week 7....ABN/AMRO World Tennis Tournament - Rotterdam, The Netherlands (IH)
Week 7....Regions Morgan Keegan Championships - Memphis, Tennessee, USA (IH)
Week 7....Brasil Open - Costa do Sauipe, Brazil (C)

Week 8....The Dubai Duty Free Men's Open - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (OH)
Week 8....Abierta Mexicano de Tenis - Acapulco, Mexico (C)
Week 8....The Arizona Men's Tennis Classic - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA (OH)

Week 9....The Pacific Life Open - Indian Wells, California, USA (OH)
Week 10....The Pacific Life Open - Indian Wells, California, USA (OH)

Week 11....The Nasdaq-100 Open - Miami, Florida, USA (OH)
Week 12....The Nasdaq-100 Open - Miami, Florida, USA (OH)

Week 13....Open de Tenis Comunidad Valenciana - Valencia, Spain (C)
Week 13....Grand Prix Hassan II - Casablanca, Morocco (C)

Week 14....Tennis Masters Series Monte Carlo - Monte Carlo, Monaco (C)

Week 15....Open Seat Godo - Barcelona, Spain (C)
Week 15....US Men's Clay Court Championships - Houston, Texas, USA (C)

Week 16....Estoril Open - Estoril, Portugal (C)
Week 16....BMW Open - Munich, Germany (C)

Week 17....Telecom Italia Masters Roma - Rome, Italy (C)

Week 18....Tennis Masters Series Hamburg - Hamburg, Germany (C)

Week 19....Internationaler Raiffeisen Grand Prix - St. Pölten, Austria (C)
Week 19....ATP World Team Championship - Düsseldorf, Germany (C)

Week 20....Roland Garros - Paris, France (C)
Week 21....Roland Garros - Paris, France (C)

Week 22....The Stella Artois Championships - Queen's, London, UK (G)
Week 22....Gerry Weber Open - Halle, Germany (G)

Week 23....Ordina Open - Rosmalen, The Netherlands (G)
Week 23....The Nottingham Open - Nottingham, UK (G)

Week 24....The Championships, Wimbledon - London, UK (G)
Week 25....The Championships, Wimbledon - London, UK (G)

Week 26....Allianz Suisse Open - Gstaad, Switzerland (C)
Week 26....Synsam Swedish Open - Bastad, Sweden (C)
Week 26....Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships - Newport, Rhode Island, USA (G)

Week 27....Mercedes Cup - Stuttgart, Germany (C)
Week 27....RCA Championships - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA (OH)
Week 27....The Priority Telecom Open - Amersfoort, The Netherlands (C)

Week 28....Generali Open - Kitzbühel, Austria (C)
Week 28....Croatia Open - Umag, Croatia (C)
Week 28....Mercedes-Benz Cup - Los Angeles, California, USA (OH)

Week 29....Idea Prokom Open - Sopot, Poland (C)
Week 29....Legg Mason tennis Classic - Washington D.C., USA (OH)

Week 30....Tennis Masters Series Canada - Montréal, Québec, Canada (OH)

Week 31....The Western & Southern Financial Group Masters - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA (OH)

Week 32....T.D. Waterhouse Cup - Long Island, New York, USA (OH)

Week 33....US Open - Flushing Meadows, New York, USA (OH)
Week 34....US Open - Flushing Meadows, New York, USA (OH)

Week 35....China Open - Beijing, China (OH)
Week 35....BCR Open Romania - Bucharest, Romania (C)

Week 36....Thailand Open - Bangkok, Thailand (IH)
Week 36....Heineken Open Shanghai - Shanghai, China (OH)
Week 36....Campionati Internazionali Di Sicilia - Palermo, Italy (C)

Week 37....AIG Japan Open - Tokyo, Japan (OH)
Week 37....Open de Moselle - Metz, France (IH)

Week 38....Kremlin Cup - Moscow, Russia (IC)
Week 38....CA Tennis Trophy - Vienna, Austria (IH)
Week 38....if... Stockholm Open - Stockholm, Sweden (IH)

Week 39....Tennis Masters Series Madrid - Madrid, Spain (IH)

Week 40....St. Petersburg Open - St. Petersburg, Russia (IC)
Week 40....Davidoff Swiss Indoors - Basel, Switzerland (IC)
Week 40....Grand Prix de Tennis de Lyon - Lyon, France (IH)

Week 41....BNP Paribas Masters - Paris, France (IC)

Week 42....Tennis Masters Cup - Shanghai, China (IH)

To be announced: Davis Cup

Please note:

- The Week Number (e.g. Week 1) refers to the tournament week for the game only; not to the actual week number.
- For Week 19 ATP World Team Championship only countries with two or more players are allowed to participate. Detailed statistics of the countries that are allowed to play will be mentioned later.
- For Week 42 Tennis Masters Cup only the eight highest ranked players and teams in singles and doubles are allowed to play.
- There is no need to commit to the Grand Slams.
- In case there are more players committing to an event, the tournament directors have the right to: a) move players to a different tournament in the same week b) let the lowest ranked players or latest entries play qualifying matches c) create a Challenger event for that week.
- In case of too few commitments, the tournament directors have the right to: a) move players to this tournament b) change the size of the draw c cancel the tournament and move the players to a different tournament.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:24 PM   #12
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

1. Guillermo Canas
2. Marc Rosset
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:26 PM   #13
User id 7816

User id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond repute

1. JC Ferrero
2. Feli Lopez
User id 7816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:28 PM   #14
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

1. Joachim Johansson
2. Thomas Johansson

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:28 PM   #15
country flag joeb_uk

what about fish bjorkfish?