My review of Rihanna's "Unapologetic" and why you should buy it. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
country flag Globetrotter

Globetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My review of Rihanna's "Unapologetic" and why you should buy it.

I don't care if people think I'm trolling but I always wondered who bought that shit. That music has no soul, no heart, no brain, whatsoever. It's mainstream shite, pure and simple. No better than Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Britney Spears and all the other Pop "artists" that are nothing else than plastic dolls of the big companies. Go listen to some real music.
Globetrotter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #17
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

I think it comes across as very personal, and doesn't hit me as typical mainstream pop at all. She has writing credits on most of the songs.

I get you're point, but Britney's Blackout - the album she was actually involved in making - is one of the greatest from the last decade. :stan:

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #18
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

she's an annoying ****
Old 11-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
country flag Globetrotter

Globetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond reputeGlobetrotter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
I get you're point, but Britney's Blackout - the album she was actually involved in making - is one of the greatest from the last decade. :stan:
Well, I will get completely off-topic now, but I don't really give a shit. I mean, I never really listened to Britney Spears songs after her "comeback" - I didn't like to listen to her earlier stuff as well of course, but once upon a time some 10 years ago you couldn't be in a fucking car for five minutes without having to listen to "One More Time" or "Oops I Did It Again", songs which made my ears bleed because they were so awful. I think she at least proved she's got some style when she shaved "666" into her hair, but apart from that I've never seen her do anything interesting.

What I'm pointing at, I don't know about her songs or this album you're talking of, but by pure chance I came across a video last week or so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZmkU5Pg1sw
This two minutes will give you a look at how untalented a so called "icon of a generation" actually is. She's got zero talent, she's got zero rhythm, she's unsexy as fuck and the look on her face is the dumbest expression I've ever seen on a human being. It's ridicolous, it's laughable. I look better doing this dance after I drank half a quart of straight vodka. She can't even put one foot in front of the other. And please, don't give me shit about her dress or her shoes - girls at parties also wear heels and uncomfortable dresses and yet manage to look attractive when dancing. She looks like a cow's been crossed with a dog or something like that.

What I'm talking about here is natural talent. And it's about Rihanna as well - I simply don't get why people regard her as talented. I heard some of her more popular songs on the radio, they definitely ain't good from my point of view. The lyrics don't impress me, the music sure as hell doesn't either. But, what I found interesting, is, when I was listening to Bob Marley, I actually found out she did a cover of Redemption Song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hfSfj-MlzA
And it's shit. Please don't tell me this is hard to sing for a girl or something like this. This is awful.

Music is always down to taste and I'm sure as hell not trying to talk anybody out of buying albums of Rihanna and Lady Gaga. Do whatever you please. But, about two decades ago, Kurt Cobain was regarded as an icon of his generation. Look at the people who are now. Fuck, by some people, Justin Bieber is. Getting from Elvis, the Beatles, the Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, Queen and Nirvana to the stuff we now have is an awful development.

I know I'm discussing about taste here and I'm fighting against windmills. But hey, I warned you it's going to be off-topic
Globetrotter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
What I'm pointing at, I don't know about her songs or this album you're talking of, but by pure chance I came across a video last week or so:
This two minutes will give you a look at how untalented a so called "icon of a generation" actually is. She's got zero talent, she's got zero rhythm, she's unsexy as fuck and the look on her face is the dumbest expression I've ever seen on a human being. It's ridicolous, it's laughable. I look better doing this dance after I drank half a quart of straight vodka. She can't even put one foot in front of the other. And please, don't give me shit about her dress or her shoes - girls at parties also wear heels and uncomfortable dresses and yet manage to look attractive when dancing. She looks like a cow's been crossed with a dog or something like that.
being outdanced by Psy AND Ellen De Generes of all people

Quote:
Music is always down to taste and I'm sure as hell not trying to talk anybody out of buying albums of Rihanna and Lady Gaga. Do whatever you please. But, about two decades ago, Kurt Cobain was regarded as an icon of his generation. Look at the people who are now. Fuck, by some people, Justin Bieber is. Getting from Elvis, the Beatles, the Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, Queen and Nirvana to the stuff we now have is an awful development.

I know I'm discussing about taste here and I'm fighting against windmills. But hey, I warned you it's going to be off-topic
Oh come on, I don't think anyone thinks Bieber is the icon of a generation; more like the flavour of the month. Even some of his fans know that; many don't deny that they'll be on to something new soon enough (kids these days have pathetic attention spans ).
Old 11-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #21
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

That's weird OP, I too just reviewed it:

Okay, if you don't like reading just listen to this video and you'll be convinced!!!!1

FLAWLESS QUEEN!

Her best album yet! You should all buy it, because it's not some local, tacky, recycled pop album. I love it. With input from Adele, Sia, Guetta, Eminem... and the kween herself RIHANNA!

Okay, track by track.

Phresh Off The Runway
Swaggiest track of the album, and hits you straight up. Gurl aint playing. More than one listen and you're HOOKED. JAM!

Diamonds
Flawless? Yup

Numb ft. Eminem
This is the start of the worst sequence on the album for me. I don't like this at all. Middle eastern flavoured track, Eminem does a pretty tame verse. Can't sing along to it either. Would have been better shortened to a interlude of 1 1/2 minutes. Surely won't be a single.

Pour It Up
Another track I don't like too much. I normally skip past these songs when I'm listening. But this alone is okay. It's not awful.

Loveeee Song ft. Future
We're BACK! Slow burner drenched in an autotuned Future. Cool track. L-O-V-E-E-E-E-Eeeee

Jump
One of the highlights. Samples Ginuwine's Pony very well, could really be a single. Dark and moody and sexual, and then a dubstep breakdown or two to really SLAY! Nice build up.

Right Now ft Guetta
Probably will be a single, definately radio friendly.

What Now
10/10

Stay
11/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Nobody's Business ft Chris Brown
If you can get past the fact that this guy beat here, the track is definately one of the more commercial ones.

Love Without Tragedy - Mother Mary
Two songs in one, LWT is smooth, excellent. Mother Mary drags.

Get It Over With
A grower.

No Love Allowed
Token bajan jam. It's cool.

Lost in Paradise
Another of my favourites. Could and SHOULD! be a single!

Very strong songs, and only a few bad patches. But for me... a) it's different and interesting and b) her vocals are incredible here.

So buy Unapologetic

If you have it already, let's talk about it !!![/quote]
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #22
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I will get completely off-topic now, but I don't really give a shit. I mean, I never really listened to Britney Spears songs after her "comeback" - I didn't like to listen to her earlier stuff as well of course, but once upon a time some 10 years ago you couldn't be in a fucking car for five minutes without having to listen to "One More Time" or "Oops I Did It Again", songs which made my ears bleed because they were so awful. I think she at least proved she's got some style when she shaved "666" into her hair, but apart from that I've never seen her do anything interesting.

What I'm talking about here is natural talent. And it's about Rihanna as well - I simply don't get why people regard her as talented. I heard some of her more popular songs on the radio, they definitely ain't good from my point of view. The lyrics don't impress me, the music sure as hell doesn't either. But, what I found interesting, is, when I was listening to Bob Marley, I actually found out she did a cover of Redemption Song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hfSfj-MlzA
And it's shit. Please don't tell me this is hard to sing for a girl or something like this. This is awful.

Leave Britney alone!!!

No, seriously, I hated her when she was massively popular back in the days before her comeback. I did buy her first album because I was 12, but when I started listening to real music () I pretty much thought everything you wrote about her.

But these days I feel a bit for her. She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder (I think it was) and apparently her meds make her all blank and spaced out. I recently started watching Season 2 of the US X-Factor where she's a judge and she really does come across as not altogether there sometimes. But she's actually kind of endearing in a strange way; the faces that she makes when she's listening to a bad audition are hilarious.

As for Rhianna, the video in the OP was good, but not enough to make me buy her music. I can't stand most of her hits; the only one that I think is tolerable is "Umbrella". I don't like her voice either.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:56 AM   #23
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Has everyone been convinced by now? I can't wait for next years grammy nominations. Rihsus will be all over it.

HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #24
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Grammy's are a joke, the fact Guns N Roses or Sex Pistols never won even a single grammerphonthingy is a disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #25
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

This is a serious thread?
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #26
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

No thanks.

Have much better shit to spend my money on. Nothing to like about her.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
Dmitry Verdasco

You don't have to buy it anymore, it's already gone #1 Just rip it

Diamonds is a worldwide smash, and Stay WILL slay. There's a reason Pitchfork reviews her stuff and not Kitty Purrrrrys

Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
Dmitry Verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Grammy's are a joke, the fact Guns N Roses or Sex Pistols never won even a single grammerphonthingy is a disgrace.
Okay granddad, now go take your pills

Old 12-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #29
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to buy it and listen to it in my 'beats' headphones.... yep 'beats' headphones
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #30
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Agreed about the sex pistols, not so about guns n roses.