Poll: Singles commitments by another person - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should singles commitments made by another person be valid?

Yes 24 36.92%
No 41 63.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #46
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poll: Singles commitments by another person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Specially when managers are a pain in the ass by not updating entry lists on sundays
When you manage one tournament you should start attack other managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I love how people with families and those that have to travel and have no freakin time can't sign themselves up for the tournaments(which takes considerably less time than making picks every day), but they can easily send their picks when the tournament starts. You really wanna make us believe that?

Unless you guys are cheating your way through the tournaments with password exchanges and double accounts this whole arguement really doesn't make sense.
I support Boreas point too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post
is different.

You can send picks equal to your partner. But can't analyze all tournaments, with few time.
All summer I had access only from my phone, but my partner always told where to enter and said me what is the cut off for tournaments

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 135 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 11:6 (ATP 2:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #47
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
When you manage one tournament you should start attack other managers
Kid, I managed 4 tournaments in 2009 and always updated the lists until the very end. I am not managing any tournaments until I have the time for it.

I dont have any problem with you not updating the lists, as long as you keep the rules that I can committ my partner. What part you didn understand?

And I can attack any manager as long as you keep attacking other players by changing the rule.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 12-01-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #48
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

No players are being attacked - everyone's got the opportunity to air their views and vote, if the rule ends up being changed it'll be because that's what players want - you can't get any more democratic than that.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #49

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

The same way the managers arent being attacked. And since its a democratic choice, it wasnt decided if its needed the majority of votes or 3/5 to change the rules, because personally I think the majority is not too much, next year I can get 15 or 20 brazilians to vote for my demand and change the rules again.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #50

Of course I wont do this, neither I am menacing it, I just find funny that suddendly they want to change rules that are in favor of players because the majority dont "use it" , so obviously they dont care or will vote "no" but at the same time they cant enforce a better managing entry lists by the managers.

Of course if I didnt have a partner I would probably vote "no", but I care for my partner, so thats why I vote yes. So in the end its not a democratically question for the good of the game. Its just a personal interest question in the end. Making the rules harsh is good for the ones that can observe it. The others, well they can screw themselves. The managers that dont post differences on time, can screw themselves too.

TT Comunnity isnt united. Is a egoistical one.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #51
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

I guess things evolve - different players join the game, some leave, views change, etc.

I have a partner too and I voted no. I've never had a singles ranking higher than 87 so I have never been able to pick any singles event I want to enter just like that and we've always have had to scan through entry lists before deciding and then spending all of the whole 30 seconds it takes to commit ourselves to an event - and my partner's Brazilian

I'm a manager and I've always posted diffs on time, I always update entry lists on a regular basis, I always update at the end of the event - so I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #52

My partner has a mother that has a serious disease and can die anytime.
I can commit her at the same time I check the entry lists by wasting at least 30 minutes every sunday to check the non-updated entry lists until the very end, specially now that she is 93 in the entry list and might ger directly or not into ATPtours with 3 weeks.

I guess you know that 50-65 ranked players must check until the end the entry lists to know what tournament they can play when is a master series (56) or two atps (32) and 85-100ranked players has this mission when it comes to 3 atps and that 110-125 ranked players when is a grand slam.

Since the managers dont update the entry lists I have to open sometimes 5 windows- the 3 atps and the singles entry list and use the search function of my browser to put all players inside my own list.

What will I do if the rule change? Simply, just get her password and committ by this. Unless you want me to say to her to be home at 5:45 CET PM time every sunday because of a TT.

I just think its funny people want to create "fair rules in a game they never had problems with it and that help some people. You want to legislate, create laws for everything, go become a politican, or help your city , go put dont step on grass plates in public parks or something

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 12-01-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #53
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond repute

She's got the whole of 2 weeks to sign up for the tournament and usually it's easy to judge which will have fewer commitments. If she makes her picks during the week she can just as easily sign in for a tournament. It's the most annoying thing when lesser ranked players are pushed out of the draws because on Sunday there are a bunch of ghost players commited by other players.
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #54
country flag Cava

Cava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post

What will I do if the rule change? Simply, just get her password and committ by this. Unless you want me to say to her to be home at 5:45 CET PM time every sunday because of a TT.
Just do this then. The vote is 37-22 currently. Seems pretty clear this is the direction TT players want to go.
You are the only person throwing up such a stink
Old 12-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #55

Yes, whatever.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #56
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

I lost all polls this year. =P
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #57
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote