Deep Psychological Questions - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #16
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deep Psychological Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Why is it so difficult for humans to critically think?
This is due to a lack of education in different disciplines and not being able to look at the world from different viewpoints because people are usually around like-minded people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #17
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
Can you shut up about foreskin and can someone answer my questions?
Fun Fact: Women apparently don't have foreskin.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #18
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is due to a lack of education in different disciplines and not being able to look at the world from different viewpoints because people are usually around like-minded people.
Mmhmm, but most people say that teaching critical thinking is very difficult or not possible, that one is either capable of it or they are not. You can teach it all you want, but unless you are there standing over their shoulder, they will not use it.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #19
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Say you lived in a hut in India, and you were standing in front of your grandmother. Suddenly a rhino charges at you in a straight line towards you and your grandmother. Your grandmother is in a wheelchair and cannot move. This is a split second decision. Do you stand in the rhino's way to protect your grandmother, knowing very well that both of you could easily get killed. (Remember you have a family to support) Would you move and leave your grandmother vulnerable? Would you make loud noises to distract the rhino?

No trolling please.
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #20
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Deep Psychological Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
Say you lived in a hut in India, and you were standing in front of your grandmother. Suddenly a rhino charges at you in a straight line towards you and your grandmother. Your grandmother is in a wheelchair and cannot move. This is a split second decision. Do you stand in the rhino's way to protect your grandmother, knowing very well that both of you could easily get killed. (Remember you have a family to support) Would you move and leave your grandmother vulnerable? Would you make loud noises to distract the rhino?

No trolling please.
Interesting question.

My grandmother and I don't have the best relationship because she's angry that I'm not going to become a doctor, so is constantly comparing me to my sister. She also lives in another country, so I don't see her often. If it was my grandfather, who I love, I would probably try to save him.

But if I had children, then no, I probably wouldn't,

Quote:
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #21
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Interesting question.

My grandmother and I don't have the best relationship because she's angry that I'm not going to become a doctor, so is constantly comparing me to my sister. She also lives in another country, so I don't see her often. If it was my grandfather, who I love, I would probably try to save him.

But if I had children, then no, I probably wouldn't,
My grandmother speaks like 3 words of English . "good", "come", and "eat".
Old 11-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #22
country flag GOATsol

Quote:
My grandmother speaks like 3 words of English . "good", "come", and "eat".
My grandmother speaks no English, so I have to speak to her in another language that I'm not even that good at. And she talks too fast so I can barely understand her.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #23
country flag GOATsol

Quote:
Mmhmm, but most people say that teaching critical thinking is very difficult or not possible, that one is either capable of it or they are not. You can teach it all you want, but unless you are there standing over their shoulder, they will not use it.
I think it's possible if we have good education from the beginning. But in the US, education has been about test scores, which makes teachers teach to the test rather than teach critically. I also think that the standards for teachers need to be raised.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #24
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why is it so difficult for humans to critically think?
Critical thinking requires dispassion and that's not easy for humans.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:17 AM   #25
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No trolling please.
I don't know what your impression of India is, but it is not common to have wild rhinoceros charging at us.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #26
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Deep Psychological Questions

Quote:
What happens after death?

Do you think everyone has a soulmate in this world?
\

What is life's purpose?

What is your greatest regret so far?
What happens after death?

Philosophy, Not Psychology.

Do you think everyone has a soulmate in this world?

Biologically, yes. Realistically no. Our minds have different ideas of what is attractive, generally though for Women, they like big upper body,smaller stomach, symmetrical, sharp face, tall, confident. Men like, young, big breasted, curvy, women. Personality and other things are a bonus But everyone has their own pre-disposition so to say of what is attractive and doing some number crunching, the odds that two people are attracted to the same thing are possible but not very likely.

What is life's purpose?

Philisophy again, but ill give a crack.

To achieve happiness and fulfillment with YOUR life, whatever that may be.

What is your greatest regret so far?

Ahh now this is Psychology . My deepest regret is not taking a chance with more women lol. Lets just say I had some very fine women attracted to me, but was too shy to do anything about it. I've gotten over that now, but of course we all struggle with this undoubtedly

Ok I have a little background knowledge on this stuff, so let me contribute.

1. What is the happiest moment of your life and how did it change you or shape who you are?
2. What is stopping you from achieving what you want in life?
3. What is your favorite number and think Why?
4. Name a time and place where you became inspired.
5. List the first three emotions that come to mind when you think about your life right now.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #27
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No trolling please.
There's a lot of assumptions here that may not fit everyone. I have neither grandmothers (living) nor a family to support. Decisions made in critical situations by family men is for most impossible to predict, at least when they haven't got their family yet. You don't know for sure what you'll do until you experience for yourself.

With those caveats in mind, what I would hope to do was to move myself and the wheelchair out ot the rhino's way, backing away from it. They are fairly stupid animals and not good at direction changes.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #28
country flag GOATsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
I don't know what your impression of India is, but it is not common to have wild rhinoceros charging at us.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #29
safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. What happens after death?

2. Do you think everyone has a soulmate in this world?

3. What is life's purpose?

4. What is your greatest regret so far?
1. The body decomposes.

2. I would like to think so....but no.

3. To reproduce so we can infect the entire planet with our destuctive ways.

4. Being born.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #30
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Agreed, which is why it is a hypothetical question. When I went to India, there was neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
There's a lot of assumptions here that may not fit everyone. I have neither grandmothers (living) nor a family to support. Decisions made in critical situations by family men is for most impossible to predict, at least when they haven't got their family yet. You don't know for sure what you'll do until you experience for yourself.

With those caveats in mind, what I would hope to do was to move myself and the wheelchair out ot the rhino's way, backing away from it. They are fairly stupid animals and not good at direction changes.
Yes, I said to assume this applied to you. Of course this has 0% chance to actually happen.