2013 Cheering Thread - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #316
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Cheering Thread

I'm so happy to see good aggressive tennis from Ryan. Probably the best I've seen him hit his forehand. Now maybe I can stop calling him a grinder I hope he can keep up this type of play instead of that pushing crap that I had to witness live in person last year

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #317
country flag tennisx18

tennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond reputetennisx18 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, still believe that Harrison can make his big breakthrough. Have decided to start using this site more, and seeing as Harrison is my avatar and all I decided to chime in on the some of the previous comments. Honestly, didn't realize that some people have given up on Harrison when he's still so young. I wrote an article this spring for Tennis Alternative about the upcoming generation http://www.tennisalternative.com/you...e--rn2320.html Unfortunately, the chart listing the players and their ages when they won an ATP match, challengers title, and futures title is not there anymore. But Harrison was the youngest out of the ATP current contenders that include that likes of Janowicz, Dimitrov, and Raonic to get a futures title, challenger title, and ATP tour match. If that's not promising that I don't know what is. I mean he won his first ATP match just shy of 16 years old, Janowicz for example didn't win an ATP match until he was 21!! And, even though he's struggling he's still in the top 10 of players 21 and younger. It's not like there are a bunch of players around his age that are better than him, which makes one think that future is still bright for him. On top of that, he has multitudes of experience over most players his age, he's played many of top guy's on tour along with all of the top Americans, many more than twice. Someday he will be able to pull off the upset, he's still learning! Each time he gets a bad draw, which is often, I like to look at the bright side. I realize that with those bad draws he's playing some of the best guy's on tour, and learning with every match. It will take take, but Harrison will be back in the top 50!
tennisx18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #318
country flag Huckleberry Z.

Huckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetMatch! View Post
Ryan won 6-2 2-6 6-3!
Hurray! Let's hope he can beat Sijsling.
Huckleberry Z. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #319
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

I hope I can catch his match in Aptos where the stream is clearer and will be closer to eye level. Even though he was hitting well, I still have some concerns about his forehand.

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”

Last edited by SapELee : 07-23-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #320
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jack Sock/Eric Sock d. Ryan Harrison/Christian Harrison 0-6 6-0 10-8 in the broshowdown exhibition.

Quote:
Ricky Dimon ‏@RD_Tennistalk 14m

Christian pulling down Ryan's shorts is definitely the highlight so far

Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #321
country flag GameSetMatch!

GameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a video or picture of that?
Old 07-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #322
country flag RyanLee5

RyanLee5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is there a video or picture of that?

@tweetsfrombrett on twitter.
----------B#;:Gs@i;;;.;,r;;, ,--------
----------,GS;,,r: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;@2-----
---.;rr;:.i##X.i;rH32iri;;;;;;r;;@2--
---r@@#2G#A9hh#5ris;r;;:;@----
---;@@r::::::@Ar,;;.,;r;;;;;:,i9-----
---@@h::::,;r@r.-......:;;;;r2&------
--M@@::::sXhi;. .,:;rr::,;;. ;:-------
-rH#A,s32r;. .,::::;ss;::-------------
RyanLee5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #323

GameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond repute

Wish the exho was televised. Thanks for the picture!
Old 07-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #324
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Wish the exho was televised. Thanks for the picture!
They updated the article with a video: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...y-Brodown.aspx

Old 07-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #325
country flag Huckleberry Z.

Huckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond repute

He just beat Sijsling handily, 6-4, 6-3. It looks like he may be out of his slump. With Mardy Fish out, he's got a real chance to make the semis here, maybe even the finals.
Huckleberry Z. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #326
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Great comeback he was down 1-4 in the first set, he seem too be more aggressive since working with Brad Gilbert those couple week I think he should extended his coaching with Brad Gilbert

J. Isner | J. Sock | D.Y. | R. Harrison | C. Harrison | D. Kudla | S. Querrey | S. Johnson | R. Williams

J. Donaldson | N. Rubin | S. Kozlov | B. Kozlov | F. Tiafoe | M. Mmoh | T. Harry Fritz | A. Fenty
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #327
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Saw parts of the first set, good defensive tennis from Ryan to win the set but man Sijsling was pretty bad (seemed disinterested, a lot of errors).

Last edited by SapELee : 07-25-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #328

Ryan
Old 07-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #329
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 37m

Ryan Harrison signed in the USTA's Jay Berger as his coach in Atlanta so strong chance he's back with USTA again
Quote:
Kyle LaCroix ‏@TennisTycoon 34m

@TennisReporters this is true. Ryan Harrison was practicing at the USTA Training Center last week in Boca Raton. Source: my own eyes.
It seems like everybody is working with Jay Berger Sock, Johnson, Kudla etc.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #330
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Kyle LaCroix ‏@TennisTycoon 38m

@TennisConnected Yes. Evert Academy/USTA Training center. They share the courts. He was hitting with Matosevic.
They played in the first round