Tennis > Baseball Because.... - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 11-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #31
country flag Sauletekis
Registered User
 
Sauletekis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ourém, Portugal
Age: 28
Posts: 10,321
Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocrcici View Post
What is Baseball?
This!
__________________
Proud fan of:

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #32
country flag Saberq
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

Fuck some of you here a primitive LOL....
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #33
country flag MattATP
Banned!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 45
MattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift36188 View Post
I don't think Baseball is a wuss sport nor do I find that discussion relevant. Tennis is simply more complex and dynamic, that's why it is better.
This.

I find football, soccer, volleyball, golf, basketball mind-numblingly, soul-crushingly dull sports that make me want to bleach my eyeballs when I'm forced to watch them, but millions of people would disagree with me. To each his own, I guess.
MattATP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #34
country flag Murray Mint
Registered User
 
Murray Mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Age: 28
Posts: 1,569
Murray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

I like baseball, but ultimately for me there's one big problem, which is the reason I don't follow it anymore - and that's the time commitment. 3 hours for one game, with 162 games in the regular season before we even consider the postseason... I'm basically giving up a lot of time for a game that I can't vest much interest in, because in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean very much at all. Another problem with baseball is that it isn't aesthetically pleasing, and when I say that I mean that one home run won't be a whole lot different to another, 90% of double-plays look the same, etc. Think this is why a lot of people write it off before they even understand it. To be fair, watching a really good pitcher dominate can look pretty good, but generally it's not a sport that lends itself to highlight reels.

Tennis is on another level for me as regards entertainment and the joy I get from it.
Murray Mint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #35
country flag Time2burn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 7,800
Time2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

test match cricket and mlb are the worst sports to watch even when u have money on it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiseller
I can't wait to quote you in 5-6 hours.
Time2burn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,598
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyGotRoasted View Post
Because the world champion is actually the world champion. Not just an american champion
American/Canadian champion
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #37
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,401
Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

Basically...why the fuck would you use a baseball bat when you could use something better? Tennis-baseball is actually pretty fun.
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #38
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,598
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....



Look pretty manly to me
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #39
country flag Branimir
Registered User
 
Branimir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 1,177
Branimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

Tennis never struck me as "manly" sport. I mean most tennis players look like nerds. Baseball is the sport I really don't like.
__________________
I don't like Nadal.
Branimir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #40
country flag stewietennis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,041
stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

I prefer tennis but baseball has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBaNdHqC_Yo

and we have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZFMhpNFfY
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #41
country flag Mountaindewslave
Registered User
 
Mountaindewslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,786
Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

who cares OP. this is a tennis forum not a baseball forum, this does not belong in GM nor am I sure if it belongs on this site at all. debates of manliness of sports just show you're insecure freakygirl......
__________________
<3 Roger Federer <3 David Ferrer <3 Juan Martin Del Potro <3 Ernest Gulbis <3

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #42
country flag Freak3yman84
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,333
Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
who cares OP. this is a tennis forum not a baseball forum, this does not belong in GM nor am I sure if it belongs on this site at all. debates of manliness of sports just show you're insecure freakygirl......
I hate you.
__________________
Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #43
country flag Ajk822
Registered User
 
Ajk822's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 387
Ajk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Beating someone up is scary for the person being beaten up, and does that make the person being beat up manly?
Yes, if after he gets beaten up the first time he comes back for a second and gives more than he takes. The same as being afraid the first time you hit and not being afraid the second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Last time I checked you weren't allowed to chuck a baseball at an opponent? Kinda makes your point moot doesn't it now?
If I'm being technical, there's nothing in the rules that explicitly says you can't throw the baseball at an opponent, there's just no benefit to it. And the experience I was referring to, since I'm guessing you haven't played baseball, is hitting. When you hit you are in a vulnerable position in that your focus is on hitting the ball, but you can also in turn be hit by it. When you're younger and haven't played as much those two can switch in importance. I for one remember being 10 and having a real kid pitching to me for the first time, and my only thought was "don't get hit, don't get hit, don't get hit." That's the fear I'm talking about.
__________________
Penn State '14
Ajk822 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #44
country flag GOATsol
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Posts: 2,238
GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branimir View Post
Tennis never struck me as "manly" sport. I mean most tennis players look like nerds. Baseball is the sport I really don't like.
I disagree and I think tennis is extremely manly.
__________________
MARIN CILIC US OPEN CHAMPION

Federer will win another grand slam.
Cilic is not a one slam wonder.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #45
country flag Nixer
Registered User
 
Nixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moscow, Russia
Age: 27
Posts: 2,613
Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis > Baseball Because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajk822 View Post
If I'm being technical, there's nothing in the rules that explicitly says you can't throw the baseball at an opponent, there's just no benefit to it. And the experience I was referring to, since I'm guessing you haven't played baseball, is hitting. When you hit you are in a vulnerable position in that your focus is on hitting the ball, but you can also in turn be hit by it. When you're younger and haven't played as much those two can switch in importance. I for one remember being 10 and having a real kid pitching to me for the first time, and my only thought was "don't get hit, don't get hit, don't get hit." That's the fear I'm talking about.
I know nothing about baseball, but Official MLB rules clearly say that you can't do that intentionally (p. 75 - 8.02d).
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios