If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal... - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #106
country flag NSMv1924

NSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Two years YE #1 but 54 weeks so one year is 52 weeks but two years are 54 weeks. So it is good for him but i did know that two years are 54 weeks. Sampras was YE#1 six years but Federer has more weeks as #1,more GS,more titles,more MS. What i want to say is Fed has the best record 237 consecutive weeks as #1 and no one can broken it soon.
I will broken you if you don't stop this assault on the English language.
NSMv1924 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #107
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
that's your way of seeing Roger as the bad guy, but I heard other things from guys working for sponsors : Novak told them "see this guy : I will have kicked him off in one year".

Call it "not being afraid of him" if you want,

but that's more aggressive than "not being in awe of him" as you say with the typical vision some fans of other players have from Fed as full of conceit enjoying others bending
I don't see that as having a bad attitude. This is sports and everyone wants to be number one, or they should, and they do that by taking the current number one off of his throne. Novak did not say anything condescending or unfair to Roger (he didn't say Roger was doing something bad, or didn't deserve his ranking, or anything of the sort). His statement wasn't about Roger but himself really. You can recognize someone as a great great tennis player, and yet still want to best him.
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #108
country flag NSMv1924

NSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Six slam winner having more weeks than eleven slam winner is not especially newsworthy. Becker with his seven is behind Roddick with his one. These things happen, even in the ATP (In the WTA this is of course more common). They are different accomplishments, you don't automatically get the other if you get one.
Sorry, Becks has "only" 6. But I agree with the rest of your post, #1 is tied to consistency, and I can see Djoker getting up to Johnny Mac's 170 when all is said and done. But since Becker had 11 years between his 1st and last major he was never in the running (due to Lendl+Edberg) for weeks at Number 1.
NSMv1924 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #109
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
actually I don't know what part was inspired by his family in this initial posture, they maybe thought it would be an effective marketing attitude.

What I admire most from Djokovic is precisely the way he has managed to distance himself from his family and get a really personal and also well-thought attitude. He's a very clever guy imo.
I think he loves his family dearly and never tries to hide that. Of course as one grows up, one's parents do not feel the need to be around them all the time anymore. I think that's true with anyone as they grow from an 18 years old to a 25 years old! Though I agree that Novak is an intelligent person, but it's not reflected in how he treats his family - that's just his love for them nothing more. He has become more savvy in dealing with the media and so on, and that comes with his experience at the top.
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #110
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Keep writing, man.
What's wrong with that?? He won a slam (and WTF) and reached another 2 finals. Don't you think it's possible to win 2 slams for him next year?? It's only one more slam. He's not saying that a player who never won a slam will win the CYGS
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #111
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

If Freak3yGOAT wins 87 grand slams then he'll only be 172 slams away from Mandy

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #112
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Keep writing, man.
Dude, you post about Gasquet winning a Slam.

No offense, but that alone makes you look pretty silly when indirectly accusing other posters of overhyping/overrating their favorites/certain players
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #113
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Dude, you post about Gasquet winning a Slam.

No offense, but that alone makes you look pretty silly when indirectly accusing other posters of overhyping/overrating their favorites/certain players
I thought we already settled it, didn`t we? I posted once in reply personally to you that I like to write this way and it`s obvious jokes and exaggerations most the time. Just a bit more attention to Richie due to this, he deserves it. I like to think that know better than you the real opportunities for Gasquet to win a Major ever watching almost all his matches for years. Don`t think you did it.

If poster jokes like me - ok, than even more let continuing, it`s not humor from another planet, but can make smile. If he is serious - oh well. Djokovic barely can be called to be favourite for two (hard-courts) Slams next year, nothing more. Since Peakerer dissapeared I can say about noone that he has two Slams guaranteed the same year, it`s not serious and even with Fed was debatable.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #114
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal and Djokovic will share out the slams in 2013 like kids sharing their sweets on halloween night. Book it.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #115
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
Nadal and Djokovic will share out the slams in 2013 like kids sharing their sweets on halloween night. Book it.
Federer will win a slam in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #116
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
Federer will win a slam in 2013.
no he wont.......
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #117
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMv1924 View Post
I will broken you if you don't stop this assault on the English language.
Tell me how
pepita1964 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:21 AM   #118
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
no he wont.......
Yes, he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #119
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute

Its the slams that matters. He may overtake Nadal or not he's still the inferior player.
se7en is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #120
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nole had a mediocre season by his high standards

so 2011 is the "standard" now i guess...

it was the 2nd best season of his career...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote