If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal... - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #76
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
what did fed say anyway?
if you search older threads you'll find out. young Novak had all kind of health issues. that's why some guys still call him a Faker. first episode happened at DC and Fed said Nole was faking his injuries. As a Nole fan, I know what he had to go trough. allergies, gluten sh!t, breathing problems, you name it. Fed was very insensitive.

e.i. look at Soda being sick for so long, not being able to play at all. Nadal too. Novak has had legit health issues (I read about it a lot) but Fed was making fun of him at that time.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #77
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

We from Balkans are very famous with faking and Novak is not different. Sometimes he really overdone the things but never mind. So he is not a saint at all like Nadal.And Federer is not a first or last player who blamed Novak for his MTO there were Monfils,Tsonga,Robredo,Lleyton,Roddick and I can you say when and what happened to every player so do not say it is just Federer but because it is Federer yes. How dare this Federer to say something to Nole? Who is he? And what Nole parents said? If Nole was so sick so many years and with those money do you think he could not find a doctor and waited to 2010 .Gluten free for 30 or 40 days and is a new born and start winnig and could not stop. Who stop him this bad Federer at FO SF. OMG how dare this Federer to play tennis ?
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #78
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Why are other players struggling but Djoker's number 1?
He's not like junk food eating, fat ass Roddick.
Djoker really loved self-respect.

Fish stopped eating so much & surpassed Roddick in the rankings. Fish got heart problems, but Fed never sent him a get well card.

How come Fed didn't criticize these overweight, unfit guys who took time outs, screamed at the umpire & cancelled tournaments on clay? Oh right, they couldn't beat him and amaze everyone with tennis, #1 & charisma.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #79
country flag Nekromanta
Banned!

Nekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Fish got heart problems, but Fed never sent him a get well card.
Nekromanta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #80
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
We from Balkans are very famous with faking and Novak is not different. Sometimes he really overdone the things but never mind. So he is not a saint at all like Nadal.And Federer is not a first or last player who blamed Novak for his MTO there were Monfils,Tsonga,Robredo,Lleyton,Roddick and I can you say when and what happened to every player so do not say it is just Federer but because it is Federer yes. How dare this Federer to say something to Nole? Who is he? And what Nole parents said? If Nole was so sick so many years and with those money do you think he could not find a doctor and waited to 2010 .Gluten free for 30 or 40 days and is a new born and start winnig and could not stop. Who stop him this bad Federer at FO SF. OMG how dare this Federer to play tennis ?
oh Pepita, sorry but you are so full of sh!t. you have no clue what you talking about, but hey, typing is free. I hope you use some nail polish. You guys have that in Mexico?

Who is Djokovic? it's hard to explain, happen to be number 1 in the world. Who the heck is Fed?

Listen, seriously, Novak def. 'prime Fed' at Montreal 2007, kicked his ass at the AO 2008. please
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #81
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you'te from the Balkans, then ... I wondered about you... It all makes sense now...

With respect to the faking: nobody knows when a player is faking, Haas criticised Murray for faking last year, lots of people criticised Nole for faking... If you check numbers, many other players have a higher percentage of retirements than Nole ever did: but nobody cares about them because they don't win as much as Novak... So it's not just the retirement issue, it's also the fact that Novak started winning and posing a threat to a very stable narrative in the tennis world, with Fedal at the top.

It doesn't really matter anymore: I bet some people now wish Nole retired more but he doesn't. He was called "a joke" when he was 18 years old by the undisputed #1 player in the world, he was called a quitter by Roddick, he was criticised for "giving up" by Roger and others...

The fact that "the joke" has been the year-end #1 player, for 2 consecutive years, that he's been called "The King of Clutch" because of his mental strength, that he really dig dip in London to defeat an inspired Federer with 99% of the crowd and pundits behind him, is very sweet for us Nole fans. Novak answered the critics with his tennis, not with his tongue. I like that.

Will he ever surpass Roger and Rafa? I don't indulge in predictions, I'm enjoying the present. We'll find out soon enough.

And I'm sure that now that Novak is the reigning #1 player, he wouldn't dream of calling a young player "a joke"... It's just not in his nature: we know, we've been told repeatedly, how classless he is, haven't we?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #82
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
oh Pepita, sorry but you are so full of sh!t. you have no clue what you talking about, but hey, typing is free. I hope you use some nail polish. You guys have that in Mexico?

Who is Djokovic? it's hard to explain, happen to be number 1 in the world. Who the heck is Fed?

Listen, seriously, Novak def. 'prime Fed' at Montreal 2007, kicked his ass at the AO 2008. please
Not who is Djokovic ? but Who is Federer to say something to Nole at that time ? At DC is not it ? Why this is so big problem for Novak, why Novak and his parents said so many shit words for Federer? Does it need to ?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #83
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
listen sweetheart just because you are full of envy that Serbs have a great tennis player,an all time great and your country has nothing of that sort that doesnt mean you should act like a spoiled little girl every two seconds...............I can smell jealousy from a mile away..........
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #84
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We from Balkans are very famous with faking and Novak is not different.
So you are from Balkans? Figures
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #85
country flag pepita1964

Two years YE #1 but 54 weeks so one year is 52 weeks but two years are 54 weeks. So it is good for him but i did know that two years are 54 weeks. Sampras was YE#1 six years but Federer has more weeks as #1,more GS,more titles,more MS. What i want to say is Fed has the best record 237 consecutive weeks as #1 and no one can broken it soon.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #86
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Unless Novak racks up a pile of more slams and weeks at number 1, the ranking stuff doesn't matter for his career nor for Rafas. For them, just getting to number was the achievement as when comparing stats and history, their small weeks at number one won't really account for anything. Plus, just to show the strangeness of it, if Novak were to surpass Rafa in 2013 for weeks at #1, he could theoretically do it will like 1 slam I suppose, so if that were the case, a current 6 slam champ has more weeks than a 11 slam champ. Of course slam success doesn't necessarily mean #1 spot in our sport, but it just goes to show unless he is really racking up the numbers, it doesn't matter right now.
Six slam winner having more weeks than eleven slam winner is not especially newsworthy. Becker with his seven is behind Roddick with his one. These things happen, even in the ATP (In the WTA this is of course more common). They are different accomplishments, you don't automatically get the other if you get one.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #87
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
ah, as much as I love Fed's game, that's one thing I can't forgive Fed. He was so arrogant towards a young Nole, putting him down saying all kind of things when Nole was a young nobody ... My strong believe is that experienced players should show understanding and support to the young ones. Novak has never said anything negative about Fed, yet Fed felt like a God and BS so much. sorry guys.

oh well, it doesn't really matter any more. Fed is much more humble nowadays ... but, but, but
Federer just didn't like young Djokovic. He has never been disparaging towards youngsters in general. He has grown more respectful to Djokovic after he matured.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #88
country flag pepita1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
So you are from Balkans? Figures
why not ? Even saw Novak in Sofia how drunk whisky whole night with his bodyguard.It was when he took a part in a movie. He is sick but smoke a CIGARETTE maybe because he enjoys himself.Who knows but i do not believe he is smoker
Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #89
country flag Alex999

Quote:
Not who is Djokovic ? but Who is Federer to say something to Nole at that time ? At DC is not it ? Why this is so big problem for Novak, why Novak and his parents said so many shit words for Federer? Does it need to ?
listen, seriously. Diana (Novak's mother) said THAT 'the king is dead crap', but Novak never said anything negative about Fed. NEVER. Nole was always respectful to Fed.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #90
country flag pepita1964

Djokovic had an interview with Serbian jornos and said that he never have dinner with Fed. I do not why they spoke so much for Fed,