If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal... - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #151
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
ah, as much as I love Fed's game, that's one thing I can't forgive Fed. He was so arrogant towards a young Nole, putting him down saying all kind of things when Nole was a young nobody ... My strong believe is that experienced players should show understanding and support to the young ones. Novak has never said anything negative about Fed, yet Fed felt like a God and BS so much. sorry guys.

oh well, it doesn't really matter any more. Fed is much more humble nowadays ... but, but, but
see above
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #152
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
but Novak never said anything negative about Fed. NEVER. Nole was always respectful to Fed.
Before their AO 2007 match Novak said in his previous post match interview after asked about his upcoming match: "I have only 4 words for him: You are going down"...
Now imagine the furor if Fed said anything remotely close to that.

Novak also ridiculed lot of players (fed included) in his imitations, shamelessly

Last edited by garad : 11-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.
garad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #153
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, good story.
Let me imagine. Djoker seriously did this, the way Federer and Roddick embarrassed themselves repeatedly in public.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #154
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
cause dull played so pathetic in that final, he doesn't even had the opportunity to choke. and of course djoker doesn't had to deal twice with a "mug" in a wimby-final if he only reached it once...
Bottom line is the less slam finals Nadal reaches off clay the less chances Djokovic wins slams as 2012 showed... Nadal getting injured is the worst thing than could happen to Djokovic. No Nadal to take out Federer and Murray at the slams and do the dirty job for Novak. If next year Nadal is only a factor on clay, it will be hard for Djokovic to win multiple slams, specially outside of the AO as 2012 proved.

Last edited by Roy Emerson : 11-22-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #155
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
Bottom line is the less slam finals Nadal reaches off clay the less chances Djokovic wins slams as 2012 showed... Nadal getting injured is the worst thing than could happen to Djokovic. No Nadal to take out Federer and Murray at the slams and do the dirty job for Novak. If next year Nadal is only a factor on clay, it will be hard for Djokovic to win multiple slams, specially outside of the AO as 2012 proved.
you should really stop posting man...............I cant believe that you even learned to write to be honest
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #156
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
you should really stop posting man...............I cant believe that you even learned to write to be honest
It's the truth. It's not a coincidence that Nadal was not there in the second half of the year to take out Murray and Federer at the slams and voila, Djokovic fails to win Wimbledon AND the USO. A healthy Nadal is a great asset for Novak.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #157
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garad View Post
Before their AO 2007 match Novak said in his previous post match interview after asked about his upcoming match: "I have only 4 words for him: You are going down"...
I suspect this was intended semi-humourously, no? Either way it's pretty funny.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #158
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's the truth. It's not a coincidence that Nadal was not there in the second half of the year to take out Murray and Federer at the slams and voila, Djokovic fails to win Wimbledon AND the USO. A healthy Nadal is a great asset for Novak.
Novak was never winning W and US Open was a fluke final who gives a fuck I'd still take him over Murray and Roger in every Slam bar W
Old 11-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #159
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Borg is considered better than Lendl despite Lendl spending more weeks as #1. Why? Because Borg won more slams than Lendl.
Laver is considered greater player than Sampras despite Sampras having more slams. Why? Because apart from slams there are other criteria.

Quote:
Unfortunately slams are the #1 criteria taken under consideration. First slams and then weeks as #1.
Do you read my posts? I did not say that slams are not #1 criteria. I have been saying that apart from slams there are other factors which means that Djokovic does not have to reach Nadal's slam count in order to have better career.
5555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #160
country flag Roy Emerson

Quote:
Laver is considered greater player than Sampras despite Sampras having more slams. Why? Because apart from slams there are other criteria.
Laver won more majors. 19. He also won TWO CYGS. Of course he is better than Sampras.

Quote:
Do you read my posts? I did not say that slams are not #1 criteria. I have been saying that apart from slams there are other factors which means that Djokovic does not have to reach Nadal's slam count in order to have better career.

Yep. I'm just making a comparison with Borg vs. Lendl and that despite Lendl spent a considerable longer time as #1, Borg is considered the player with the better career because he won more slams than Lendl.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #161
country flag Saberq

Laver won how many?You mean those Slams where club players played that I could probably beat with 2 months of training to get back in shape LOL
Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #162
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garad View Post

Novak also ridiculed lot of players (fed included) in his imitations, shamelessly
everyone, in sane, knew that Nole was just joking. he is just a big goof. always been, always will be. Garad, his imitations are hilarious. he did them in a good spirit. he didn't want to mock anybody. he imitated almost all male/female players in the world (what so special that he imitated Fed). He just imitated Serena and it was so funny. sense of humor? let me try to find that video where he imitated Serena. maybe it will cheer you up. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9eoa4q9o784

Last edited by Alex999 : 11-22-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #163
country flag saviopr

saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Laver won how many?You mean those Slams where club players played that I could probably beat with 2 months of training to get back in shape LOL
saviopr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #164
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
On topic Djokovic has got so many points in rankings in last months that his ranking is much better protected than the rankings of the ones behind him imo. I think that Djokovic will be a very solid number 1 for most of next year but behind him, many things may happen from Fed, Murray, Nadal to Ferrer for number 2 to 4 seeds (and Del Po and Berdych can also trouble them).

That's why yes, I see him as number 1 until late last year and overtaking Nadal for the number of weeks as number 1. And will probably stay ahead of Nadal for that stat in the future as well imo.

For the number of slams, I also think there's a good chance he overtakes Nadal for the number of slams.

Actually I expect him to dominate for several years and I fully understand that he aims at Sampras's record of 6 end-of-year number 1 rankings.

Yes, I think that with time going, Djokovic will be more and more recognized as one of the greatest players. Actually, since 2008, I've anticipated he would reach Lendl's, McEnroe's and Connors's category actually (I put Murray with Becker, Edberg and Wilander). So far I put Nadal still a bit higher but it can change.
Really? He needs 4 more. Will he be YE no.1 in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016? I doubt it. He will be 26 next year i.e. end of 2016 he'd have to be 30 and the no.1 player. His game isn't like Federer with lots of cheap points - he declined a bit in 2012 vs 2011 and no reason to think he'll be better at age 28 than he is now. Don't think that figure is reachable nor do I see him being this committed for 4 more years.

As for reaching Nadal's number of slams, for one that assumes Nadal will stay at 11. Nadal, body permitting, seems to be planning on playing at least the next 3-4 years. If we assume at least 2 of those he will be elite that's 8+ slams he could contend at - chances that he won't win even one of the next 3 FOs? Low. If Nadal ends up with 13 hypothetically, Novak will need 9 more slams to overtake him! 9! That's as many as Lendl in a career!

Even now he needs to win 7 to overtake Nadal! This is with Murray clearly showing that he can hang with Novak on HCs i.e. AO and USO will not be gimmes. Add in Del Potro and some new guys - a Janowicz or someone we've never heard of. The fact is winning slams isn't easy. Novak has the pedigree and talent to win a lot but he'll need some luck too.

Overall I see him ending up in a Lendl like position - LOT of consistency, lot of finals, long time at no.1, but fewer slams than his top rivals (Fedal) and a rung below them in the all-time great stakes. Nadal, like Borg, will have historically a short time as no.1 relative to his stature but in the context of him being no.2 to Federer for so long that's understandable.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #165
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Laver had to play against some fantastic players: Rosewall, Emerson, Roche, Hoad, Newcombe,etc.

Those weren't exactly "club players".