Tennis player foundations - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
country flag AnaMyskina

AnaMyskina is on a distinguished road
Default Tennis player foundations

So I was just reading about Fed's foundation on the guardian website and it sounds like he's doing some great work helping kids in Africa. Got me thinking about what other players are doing to help people who are less lucky than them - I know Rafa has got a foundation cos I remember him playing against Roger in that match for Africa thing a couple of years ago. Then I googled Nole and saw he has a foundation too. Kinda made me think that maybe it woul be better if they all got together and did something. More money, they could share the promotion work and they would get supported by fans of however many players did it and not just one. But then maybe charity work is like a personal thing so I don't know. What does anyone else think?
AnaMyskina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis player foundations

i thought you meant foundation the makeup

Anyways, they are rich, so it would be looked down upon to not have a foundation and is a moral obligation. Getting together would be fun and. make a lot of money, but would also be time consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
country flag AnaMyskina

Makeup - that would be funny! Guess Fed fans would say he is so cool it wouldn't even run!

Yeah maybe it is a moral obligation from an image point of view but I think most of the ones who do it seem to do it out of genuine reasons, don't you think? Like Agassi's school in Las Vegas?

If they shared the work they would maybe have more time than they do now - and mor emoney too?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Agassi has a school in Las Vegas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=657cjl7FKoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sto41mTkML8
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
country flag AnaMyskina

It's so amazing what they are doing there. Big respect to players who do this. herre's the Fed article I mentioned: http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-dev...act?intcmp=122

And also a bit about Nole's foundation: http://novakdjokovic.com/en/foundation/