Nastase-Teltscher incident??? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
vaxjoplayer

vaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nastase-Teltscher incident???

Just found this story from the 1981 fench open. Unfortunately I don't understand french. So Whats going on here????
http://www.tennis-histoire.com/anecdote-chelem.html
vaxjoplayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nastase-Teltscher incident???

my french isnt up to translating that, but i read about it in nastase's autobiography.
the match was on court 14, which is very small and so many people wanted to see nastase play that it was difficult for the players to even make it to the court. at one point though, the barriers around the court broke and a load of screaming girls fell onto the court and started crying and nastase, instead of getting up to his old antics just tried to move them off court. then he went to visit the first aid tent later cos some of the girls who fell onto the court were being treated for shock.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
my french isnt up to translating that, but i read about it in nastase's autobiography.
the match was on court 14, which is very small and so many people wanted to see nastase play that it was difficult for the players to even make it to the court. at one point though, the barriers around the court broke and a load of screaming girls fell onto the court and started crying and nastase, instead of getting up to his old antics just tried to move them off court. then he went to visit the first aid tent later cos some of the girls who fell onto the court were being treated for shock.
It is not about that!

Here it is:

On May 26, 1981, the Roumanian Elie Nastase, former champion of tennis, faces young American Eliot Teltscher in the first round of Roland Garros. Elie Nastase wins the match 6/2 6/4 7/5. An ordinary match all in all, almost. When the referee, Patrick Flodrops, goes down from his chair at the end of the match, Eliot Teltscher seizes it by the reverse of his jacket and shakes him brutally. Eliot Teltscher is going crazy. He believes that the point before the last one of the match has been “stolen from him”. Vis-a-vis the aggressiveness of the player, a line judge catches him. Strangled, Eliot Teltscher is obliged to calm down. The incident is closed. Eliot Teltscher leaves the court followed by Nastase and the referees. Eliot Teltscher avoids suspension. He is only condemned to a fine of 2500 dollars.

Last edited by FSRteam : 12-30-2006 at 01:05 PM.
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
country flag gusman890

gusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond repute

when isnt there trouble with Nastase?

I'm an American who loves clay tennis and the clay season...what is wrong with that picture?
gusman890 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #5
vaxjoplayer

vaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond reputevaxjoplayer has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks alot!
vaxjoplayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRteam View Post
On May 26, 1981, the Roumanian Elie Nastase, former champion of tennis, faces young American Eliot Teltscher in the first round of Roland Garros. Elie Nastase wins the match 6/2 6/4 7/5. An ordinary match all in all, almost. When the referee, Patrick Flodrops, goes down from his chair at the end of the match, Eliot Teltscher seizes it by the reverse of his jacket and shakes him brutally. Eliot Teltscher is going crazy. He believes that the point before the last one of the match has been “stolen from him”. Vis-a-vis the aggressiveness of the player, a line judge catches him. Strangled, Eliot Teltscher is obliged to calm down. The incident is closed. Eliot Teltscher leaves the court followed by Nastase and the referees. Eliot Teltscher avoids suspension. He is only condemned to a fine of 2500 dollars.
nastase never mentioned that when describing that match in his autobiography
Old 12-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
nastase never mentioned that when describing that match in his autobiography
Only translated mate, only translated...
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:04 PM   #8
country flag jazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRteam View Post
Only translated mate, only translated...
i do actually speak french and i could have translated most of it, so i probably should have read what it said first
Old 12-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Teltscher: "I mean, fucking guys, you're grabbing a shit out of me"

http://www.ina.fr/sport/tennis/video...tscher.fr.html

The Teltscher-Nastase match starts 6:00

Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

great link with anecdotes, thanks for sharing.

The Henry Leconte one is fun, it describes him as a person and player perfectly
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

so, dimitrov is our new teltscher?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #12
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

was
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote