Let's celebrate Hewitt, share favorite memories - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
country flag Riosreigned

Riosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's celebrate Hewitt, share favorite memories

Two of the most memorable matches were the near triple bagel of Corretja at the Aussie Open. Those two did not like each other as Corretja started the fued with the negative comments about Hewitt's come on yelling and fist pumping which he deemed too aggressive and provocative. And of course the Coria Davis Cup match where they were both openly mocking each other.

I always admired Hewitt's fire and passion, he competed so hard it looked like he wanted to fistfight the opponent. His neck veins bulging, his eyes beaming death stares, it was so much more than just a tennis match when Hewitt was at his best, he was the most intense player of all time. He was a mere welterweight in stature but he could destroy all the Heavyweights with his iron will and desire and smarts. Just an amazing warrior. If he had forty more pounds he would have crushed Rafa. Hewitt at his best weighed 150 (now he's gained 20 lbs). Rafa is over 190.

Hewitt is pound for pound the best player in history IMO.
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's celebrate Hewitt, share favorite memories

I was thinking of posting in here the other day but it's so hard to narrow down the memories that I set up a blog instead. Began with Hewitt's heroics in the DC in Brazil in 2001. http://rustylawnmower.blogspot.ie/

That win over Kuerten will almost certainly go down as the best clay court victory of his career in my eyes.
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote