Thanasi Kokkinakis - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #166
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanasi Kokkinakis

Great job
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #167
country flag RU90

RU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond repute

(1)Ebden def. Kokkinakis 1-6 7-5 6-1

Thanasi had a good chance to win this match in straight sets.

He had two break points to serve for the match at 4-4. He let those slip, and then the match went with them...

There were two rain delays, as well as a medical timeout after the first set taken by Ebden.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #168
country flag RU90

RU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kokkinakis US-bound to train with top-100 tennis stars
By Marc McGowan 23/10/2013 20:51:00

OUTSTANDING South Australian prospect Thanasi Kokkinakis will skip the Australian Open wildcard playoff in December for a six-week training camp in the United States.
The 17-year-old, a two-time grand slam junior boys’ singles runner-up, will train alongside top-100 players Tommy Haas, Sam Querrey and Jack Sock as he prepares for the Australian summer.
“The plan is to go to America to train for six weeks during the wildcard playoff here, so I’m not going to play that,” Kokkinakis said.
“I’m training there with guys like Haas, Querrey and Jack Sock.
“Six weeks over there just to build my body and get ready for the summer will be good for me.”
Kokkinakis announced last week he was going to compete in the World Tennis Challenge, an exhibition team event, at Memorial Dve in Adelaide from January 7 to 9.
He will then attempt to qualify for the Australian Open.
Kokkinakis is in Melbourne this week for an ATP Challenger event and today progressed to round two – and a clash with top seed Matt Ebden – with a 6-3 6-3 win over Japanese qualifier Kento Takeuchi.
Kokkinakis will also contest next week’s Traralgon ATP Challenger.
It was the second time he has beaten Takeuchi, the first coming at Bundaberg, Queensland, just days before his 15th birthday two years ago.
“I actually played him once before and he was my first point I got when I was 14, so I have a good memory against him and felt like I knew how to play him,” Kokkinakis said.
“I just really wanted to get on court, because we’ve waited a few days (due to rain) and it was a bit frustrating.
“He liked the ball low, so indoors suited him, but it helped my serve a lot. So when I got that big, hard shot in, I was able to win the point pretty quickly.”
Kokkinakis displayed all of the raw power which has experts labelling him one of Australia’s brightest talents in years.
Todd Woodbridge said last week teenagers Kokkinakis and Nick Kyrgios would challenge Bernard Tomic as Australia's best player in the next decade.
The world No.661, who will rise further in the rankings thanks to his latest success, clubbed winners at will on both wings and served 11 aces in the 78-minute contest.
“That’s how I have to play and there’s a lot to play for as well, with a big summer coming up,” Kokkinakis said.
“You can’t really be tight, so I was just trying to play free. I’ve played a lot of matches recently, so that helped me.
“I’m not used to playing that many matches, because of my (back) injury ... (but) I’m playing pretty good.”
Kokkinakis qualified for consecutive Challengers in the United States last month and reached the second round at both.
http://acelandtennis.com.au/news/174...nis-stars.html
RU90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #169
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

"The plan is to go to America to train for six weeks during the wildcard playoff here, so I’m not going to play that,” Kokkinakis said...
"

I doubt he will need to play in the Wild Card play-off or play in the AO qualifying - he will be a shoe-in for a wild card, imo.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #170
country flag Southend Aussies

Southend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyOz View Post
"The plan is to go to America to train for six weeks during the wildcard playoff here, so I’m not going to play that,” Kokkinakis said...
"

I doubt he will need to play in the Wild Card play-off or play in the AO qualifying - he will be a shoe-in for a wild card, imo.
Not necessarily...

We have 5 to hand out.

1 to AO playoff winner
Kyrgios will need one, Duckworth will need one, Millman deserves one if he is fit, 1 to Ebden if he isn't top 100. Then Matt Reid, J.P Smith, Mitchell + Jones could argue for one after solid years. Not set in stone.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Singles Rank: (166); Career High (164)- Winner Como (CH) 2013, Mansfield (CH) 2013 Finalist Sacremento (CH) 2013, QF in Shanghai (CH) 2013

Doubles Rank: (181); Career High (181) - Winner Como (CH) 2013 with AussieAdz, Finalist in Fergana (CH) with valac222, SF in Busan (CH) 2013, Shanghai (CH) 2013, Melbourne (CH) 2013.
Southend Aussies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #171
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

John Millman is not back until next June/July so he will be out of the running.
scotthongkong is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #172
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthongkong View Post
John Millman is not back until next June/July so he will be out of the running.
not really. he expects to be back around february-march

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #173
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
not really. he expects to be back around february-march
ok ok. I spoke to him last week and he told me June/July but hopefully you are right.
scotthongkong is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #174

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

yeah thats what is expected(feb-march). but lets see what happens. also, he is not really possitive lately, which is unexpected being millman, he is always happy and positive...

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
Old 10-26-2013, 03:37 AM   #175
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

He does deserve the wild card dont you think ?
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #176
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm intresting. I think I would rather him playing the WC playoff.
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #177

i am sure he will be given a MDWC. but maybe he will play the playoff too

Henkka Kontinen
Old 10-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #178
country flag RU90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
but maybe he will play the playoff too
The article states that he will skip it, because he'll be training in the U.S.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:41 AM   #179
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Kokkinakis and Mitchell d. Bolt and Whittington 6-3 6-2.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #180
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Traralgon

[7] Benjamin MITCHELL (AUS) vs Alex BOLT (AUS)
[WC] Darren K. POLKINGHORNE (AUS) vs [Q] Richard YANG (AUS)
Thanasi KOKKINAKIS (AUS) vs [LL] Chanchai SOOKTON-ENG (AUS)
[Q] Sean BERMAN (USA) vs [2] James DUCKWORTH (AUS)

Filip Peliwo | Karen Khachanov | Elias Ymer | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Kimmer Coppejans | Kyle Edmund | Borna Coric | Gianluigi Quinzi |
Christian Harrison | Christian Garin | Laslo Djere | Liam Broady | Joshua Ward Hibbert | Luke Saville | Nikola Milojevic |
Johan Sebastien Tatlot | Enzo Couacaud | Francis Tiafoe | Michael Mmoh | Stefan Kozlov | Maxime Hamou
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote